Thread: DS Armstrong (Andrew Hayden-Smith)

DS Armstrong (Andrew Hayden-Smith)

Andrew Hayden-Smith has joined Hollyoaks​' cast as police detective DS Armstrong.

Hayden-Smith​, who recently starred in Channel 4's Banana and Cucumber​, ​will play an investigator who joins the investigation into Patrick's mysterious disappearance.

Billed as a "young and eager detective" raring to crack the Patrick case, viewers will be left wondering if the writing is on the wall for Maxine and Darren - who hid Patrick's body in the city wall.

"I am over the moon. I have watched Hollyoaks since it began, so to be here in the village is surreal," said Andrew.

"It is a dream job to be thrown in to the heart of such a gritty storyline, and I am looking forward to having the villagers quaking in their boots."

"DS Armstrong is young, driven, and ambitious and has been drafted in to make progress on the mystery of missing Patrick," said a ​Hollyoaks​ spokesperson.

"With the Gloved Hand Killer death toll at seven and counting, DS Thorpe didn't exactly cover himself in glory - but this injection of fresh blood should reignite the investigation."

Viewers know that villainous Patrick was murdered by his serial killer granddaughter Nico Blake earlier in the year.

Darren then helped Maxine place the former headmaster's body in the City Wall in a bid to protect her.

Hayden-Smith's other past acting credits include Byker Grove and Doctor Who, and he's also been a presenter on CBBC and This Morning.

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 12-05-2016 at 10:51.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-05-2016)

There could be big trouble for Hollyoaks pair Maxine Minniver and Darren Osborne when newcomer DS Armstrong arrives.

Former Byker Grove star Andrew Hayden-Smith has been cast in the role as a new detective investigating Patrick's disappearance.

Speaking exclusively to Digital Spy, he said: "DS Armstrong is pretty ruthless. He is quite young for a DS, so he does not mess around with cases like this.

"He knows what he wants; he knows how to go about things so anyone with something to hide should be pretty worried.

"He will definitely put the frighteners on. I've filmed some really exciting scenes.

"DS Armstrong is very authoritative so anyone hiding secrets is anxious when they are in his presence, and rightly so."

Maxine worries that someone was listening to her and Darren.
    © Lime Pictures
    Hayden-Smith is keeping tight-lipped over which characters could be in the firing line, but fans will definitely be wondering what the future holds for Nico, Maxine and Darren.

The threesome all played separate parts in Patrick's murder and subsequent cover-up, after grandaughter Nico killed him and Maxine and Darren hid his body in the City Wall.

When asked who DS Armstrong would be sharing the most scenes with, Hayden-Smith said: "People who have reason to be in trouble with the law. I can't say anymore at this time."

Talking about the transition into soap, he added: "It is quite different to Byker Grove. The storylines are grittier and the way we film here is faster-paced, but I am settling in great and I am really enjoying it."

Digital Spy

Hollyoaks introduces the show's newest policeman DS Armstrong in tonight's E4 first look episode (June 14).

Former Byker Grove star Andrew Hayden-Smith has taken on the role of Armstrong, who'll be replacing DS Thorpe in the Patrick Blake case.

https://youtu.be/kuzAnQzDqYE
    For a sneak peek at his introduction this evening, just hit play on the video above.

Sienna Blake (Anna Passey) is surprised when DS Thorpe introduces her to DS Armstrong in the middle of the village, confirming that the mystery of Patrick's death and disappearance remains a top priority.

Could DS Armstrong be the guy to finally crack the case? Well, let's face it, his detective skills couldn't be any worse than DS Thorpe's...

Hollyoaks airs these scenes tonight (June 14) at 7pm on E4 and tomorrow (June 15) at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Digital Spy

why he is after leela, stalking her

i say he killed amy

he returns and pushes zack downstairs

He is back soon

Thread Information