Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Brennan's second job... without his uniform ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    That's brilliant you've been able to regain your confidence after years of bullying!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eni294 View Post
    I see what you mean. I don't like messy things. Mess is annoying and confusing!

As you know I was asking others just yesterday how to make things more transparent and easy to use. Following your lead I should have posted it in spoliers. As you said that most people look only there.

That's probably the easiest thing to do?
    Spoilers (in my opinion) are for titbits on forthcoming storylines, new characters joining, old ones returning etc. Scott McGregor modelling definitely is not a spoiler so should be posted under General news as that has nothing to do with a Neighbours storyline. Nice to see but not in spoilers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Spoilers (in my opinion) are for titbits on forthcoming storylines, new characters joining, old ones returning etc. Scott McGregor modelling definitely is not a spoiler so should be posted under General news as that has nothing to do with a Neighbours storyline. Nice to see but not in spoilers
    Thank you Perdita! Do you all have a problems with me posting stuff?

Thank you Perdita! Do you all have a problems with me posting stuff?
    I'm not sure if you're just asking Perdita but I'll answer anyway. I don't have a problem at all with you posting stuff and you're perfectly entitled to as long as you abide by forum rules. I'm sure lots of Neighbours fans (including myself) enjoy reading what you post.

The only reason I brought it up was I was wondering if there was a better way than posting a new thread for every article? However, I wish I hadn't said anything now because it's really nothing to do with me plus I've caused you worry for nothing.

I'm not sure if you're just asking Perdita but I'll answer anyway. I don't have a problem at all with you posting stuff and you're perfectly entitled to as long as you abide by forum rules. I'm sure lots of Neighbours fans (including myself) enjoy reading what you post.

The only reason I brought it up was I was wondering if there was a better way than posting a new thread for every article? However, I wish I hadn't said anything now because it's really nothing to do with me plus I've caused you worry for nothing.
    Thank you Dazzle, that's very kind of you to reply.

Can I ask you if you ever corrected Perdita on her posting? Or anyone else? Or is it just me? Would really appreciate an honest reply. Thanks

Can I ask you if you ever corrected Perdita on her posting? Or anyone else? Or is it just me? Would really appreciate an honest reply. Thanks
    This is my last word on the subject because it's turned into a bigger deal than I intended.

What I've said to anyone else isn't relevant because my comment to you wasn't personal. In my time here, I've seen mods ask forum members not to keep creating unnecessary threads, which is why I said something in this case. It was a suggestion not a correction because I'm not a mod, just an ordinary forum member like yourself.

There are general and spoiler forums for a reason, so it makes sense that posts that are not spoilers be put in the general forum. When we were discussing where to post speculation about characters and storylines the other day, I said it should be OK to post something as long as it's vaguely related to the thread. For example, when we're speculating about Uncle Walter it makes sense to do so in the spoiler thread because we're discussing the spoiler articles posted in that thread. However, if you want to post an article about a former Neighbours star, it makes sense to post it in the general forum because it can't be classed as a spoiler or related to a spoiler.

Anyway, that's just my opinion but, as I said, I'm not a mod.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (06-05-2016)

This is my last word on the subject because it's turned into a bigger deal than I intended.

What I've said to anyone else isn't relevant because my comment to you wasn't personal. In my time here, I've seen mods ask forum members not to keep creating unnecessary threads, which is why I said something in this case. It was a suggestion not a correction because I'm not a mod, just an ordinary forum member like yourself.

There are general and spoiler forums for a reason, so it makes sense that posts that are not spoilers be put in the general forum. When we were discussing where to post speculation about characters and storylines the other day, I said it should be OK to post something as long as it's vaguely related to the thread. For example, when we're speculating about Uncle Walter it makes sense to do so in the spoiler thread because we're discussing the spoiler articles posted in that thread. However, if you want to post an article about a former Neighbours star, it makes sense to post it in the general forum because it can't be classed as a spoiler or related to a spoiler.

Anyway, that's just my opinion but, as I said, I'm not a mod.

Thanks Dazzle for confirming my assumptions. It's clear that you teamed up with Perdita (I received quite a few private messages from her a few days ago). I understand that you are friends. And you don't want to see her 'fauls' But that doesn't give you both right to pick on others. Its kind of bullying. Hope you are realizing what you are doing.

I wonder what are you both really afraid of?

(That's a rhetorical question as you are not gonna to be honest this time as well.)

Neither Perdita or Dazzle are ganging up or picking on people. Both are valued members of the board and know the rules inside and out. They were only making a suggestion on the best place for this thread and both are correct. I am a mod here and appreciate all their help when it comes to helping organising the boards. As you are new here, they are only advising, not bullying or picking on anyone.

Moving thread to general news
    Super Mod

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-05-2016), Perdita (06-05-2016)

Neither Perdita or Dazzle are ganging up or picking on people. Both are valued members of the board and know the rules inside and out. They were only making a suggestion on the best place for this thread and both are correct. I am a mod here and appreciate all their help when it comes to helping organising the boards. As you are new here, they are only advising, not bullying or picking on anyone.

Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post

Siobhan, thank you for your message.

With all due respect I know you wish to be true what you said. Unfortunately it is not. They clearly wanted to intimidate me.

Perdita makes many mistakes but her friends do not correct her. Instead they try to correct (intimidate) new members.

How can you explain that there are 3 separate threads regarding the same issue:

1) Keeping up with Aus

2) Neighbours to air on the same day in UK and Australia from next year

3) Neighbours UK catching up with Aus pace!

Dazzle commented and/or thanked on each of the above posts (2 of them posted the same day). Why didn't she correct them because they were older members/ her friends? If she has corrected them as well it won't be personal what she was trying to do to me. But as she didn't correct them it does look personal, don't you think so? I can provide many examples if you wish.

Another example- Why Perdita didn't post the thread regarding Kym Valentine: 'I hit rock bottom' in general news?

Double standard?

Perdita has sent me 11 private messages the other day trying to make me feel wrong about the way I compose my spoilers, attach links to each spoiler or even she encoursged me to not post similar spoilers. But she does post almost identical spoilers herself. And if the spoilers she has been posting were correct I would never have started posting spoilers myself. I appreciate that she has been posting spoilers for many years. Does it mean that new members cannot post spoilers from different sources? She also missed many times stating the sources of her spoilers. Or posted things in wrong places. And that's fine. She is only a human and is allowed to make mistakes. But it is hypocritical if she correct others on the same mistakes without correcting her own mistakes first.

Will you move all the other incorrectly place threads or just mine? I haven't broken any rules by posting things to my best knowledge.

Thread Information