Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who blew up Lassiters?

Who blew up Lassiters?

Neighbours' hotel horror: nine characters who could have caused the Lassiters explosion

Including Ned Willis and mysterious John Doe.

It was​​ the deadly disaster that cost Josh and Doug their lives. Someone was responsible for the explosion at Lassiters last month, but despite arrests, shock confessions and sinister set-ups, we are still no closer to finding out who it was. There are, however, a few residents who we are more than a little suspicious of.

Here are nine we'll be keeping our eye on over the next few weeks:

1. Paul Robinson

Paul has been fighting tooth and nail to clear his name ever since he was accused of causing the horror at the hotel, and so it would be the mother of all twists if it transpires he was behind it all along. And let's also not forget the all-important call he made just after the disaster broke out ("Please tell me you didn't do this"). But maybe he is unaware he caused it. Maybe he is just a damn good liar (he is). Or maybe there is some other explanation. After all, stranger things have happened in Erinsborough. In a place which welcomes impromptu weddings, doctors treating all their neighbours and people returning from the dead, schemer Paul being behind the explosion isn't the craziest idea, is it?

2. John Doe

What exactly is the deal with John Doe? Who on earth is he? And what brought him to Erinsborough? The mystery man has been suffering from amnesia ever since being injured in the explosion, meaning he (and we) have absolutely no idea who he is. Paige is determined to help John get to the bottom if his identity crisis, but her findings could do more harm than good. What if John had a connection to the cunning Quills? What if he caused the explosion that killed Paige's brother and grandfather?

Andrew Morley, who plays John, told Digital Spy recently: "This is completely off the scale – what this guy is eventually, I guarantee nobody is going to pick it. It's a good little journey and the audience is going to love it." Intriguing.

3. Tyler Brennan

Poor Tyler spent weeks thinking he was responsible for the Willis family's grief, eventually telling loyal friend Piper that he killed two of her family members. But this wasn't exactly the case.

Tyler had messed about with the boiler prior to the explosion, but a boiler company confirmed that he hadn't caused it to explode. Is Tyler telling the whole story though?

4 &5. Tom and Julie Quill

The Quill takeover has caused no end of trouble in Ramsay Street, and all things considered, they look like pretty likely candidates. They're cunning, ruthless, and have an intense dislike for Lassiters' former owner Paul, so nothing is impossible where Quill family are involved, and to make matters even more tricky, it could be any one of them. While Julie is easily a suspect, let's not forget sly blackmailer Tom. And do you remember one-appearance- wonder Archie? Or what about Shay?
    The fierce foursome's movements on that day are certainly something the Erinsborough police force should be investigating more closely. But then again, when do the soap police ever really crack a mystery, eh?

6. Ned Willis

Ned's not the happiest chap on the planet and we all know that he carries quite the grudge with father Brad. And while you can't blame Ned for feeling a little ostracised from his family, there seems to be something much darker about the newcomer. Let's not forget the timing of his arrival either. Ned curiously (and rather conveniently) rocked up in Ramsay Street at the time of the explosion, after being contacted by his late grandfather Doug. But his antics leading up to his reunion with Brad are all a bit shady. Much like Ned himself. And he won't be hanging around either.

Ben Hall recently shocked his Twitter fans by revealing that he won't be staying on the show permanently. While the revelation that Ned was responsible for killing his brother and grandad would be one of the most shocking in the soap's history, it could explain why he was only ever brought in as a guest character…

7&8. Piper and Ben

We know they can't be trusted with sprinklers, but what is to say that Piper and Ben haven't been engaging in more extra-curricular​ mayhem and where boilers are involved? The troublesome teens found themselves in a world of trouble when their accidental roles in the Erinsborough High inferno were exposed, but that doesn't mean that the not-so-diligent duo couldn't have struck again.

Piper was supposedly at a counseling session when all the drama kicked off, but she hasn't exactly got form for always telling the truth. They might got off their former fire-starting crimes lightly, but it would be a very different story if they were involved this time.

9. Jacka Hills

When it was announced that Brad McMurray had been cast as villainous Jacka Hills, it was clear that some serious stuff was going to go down.

"I love causing trouble, and there are definitely a few surprises in store where Jacka is concerned," McMurray teased, and what could be bigger than causing the deadly disaster? So far we know that Jacka was involved in framing Paul Robinson for horrifying turn of events, but what we don't know is why. Or even who he was doing it for. It's all very suspicious, but Jacka is certainly a serious contender in this ongoing mystery.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...dly-explosion/
    Last edited by eni294; 06-05-2016 at 02:10.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

alan45 (11-05-2016), Dam_age (12-05-2016), Dazzle (05-05-2016), tally (11-05-2016), Vikki (05-05-2016)

I think it's a bit ridiculous that they put Piper and Ben on the list. Instead of them Brodie should be there.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-05-2016), Ruffed_lemur (05-05-2016), TaintedLove (05-05-2016), Vikki (05-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by eni294 View Post
    I think it's a bit ridiculous that they put Piper and Ben on the list. Instead of them Brodie should be there.
    Exactly. I agree.
    Brodie was my first suspect. Tom and Julie Quill aren`t entirely blameless either.
    I would love to see the Quills get arrested, then during the trial it turns out that their buying Lassiters was illegal, and Paul gets his empire back.
    A girl can dream can`t she

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-05-2016), eni294 (05-05-2016), pyrocanthus (06-05-2016), Vikki (05-05-2016)

i want it to be john joe so he can kill paige too

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (06-05-2016), Vikki (05-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i want it to be john joe so he can kill paige too
    If producers would accept Olympia's pleas not to be killed off then Paige might come back in the future. Let's hope she might be a different person in a few years time ;)

Probably trying to put us off the scent.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

eni294 (05-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Probably trying to put us off the scent.

Who do you think has got a black Sony mobile?

Last edited by eni294; 05-05-2016 at 22:07.

Who do you think has got a black Sony mobile?

Could Tim Collins be behind this?

Could Tim Collins be behind this?
    Wow that makes a lot of sense. If it was Tim, I wonder who he was texting?

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Wow that makes a lot of sense. If it was Tim, I wonder who he was texting?
    I think that it could be Tim who received the text.

...Jacka asking him for instructions?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Mimi66 (07-05-2016), TaintedLove (06-05-2016)

Thread Information