Thread: Guessing and opinions

Guessing and opinions

Hi Everyone!

I haven't been on here long but really enjoy the forum.

From what I read I think that it might be useful to add one or a few additional sub forums. One for example can be designed for people who like to guess what may happen. Other can be for people who would like to voice their opinion about individual characters or/and storyline. I noticed that there are someone threads in the general sub -forum.(Like the one with current episode s). But it might be easier to have specifically designed subforums for that? What do others think? Would it be useful?

Cheers

I agree, would stop some discussing a character under the Spoiler thread rather than general discussion/sub forum

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-05-2016), eni294 (03-05-2016)

The trouble is it seems lots of Neighbours fans only look in the spoiler forum. I've tried to get conversation going in the episode thread lots of times to no avail, but if I start a conversation in the most relevant spoiler thread it's a different matter. Therefore, if I've got something I want to say I now just head to the spoilers otherwise I know it'll almost certainly be ignored.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

eni294 (03-05-2016), Perdita (03-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    The trouble is it seems lots of Neighbours fans only look in the spoiler forum. I've tried to get conversation going in the episode thread lots of times to no avail, but if I start a conversation in the most relevant spoiler thread it's a different matter. Therefore, if I've got something I want to say I now just head to the spoilers otherwise I know it'll almost certainly be ignored.
    I know what you mean. I think it is happening because the general forum is a bit too messy.

The 'spoilers only' treads are more transparent as there are clearer classifications. The guessing and/or opinions sub-forum can also be done the same way as spoliers treads. Separate theads for each character. It would be much more transparent. And peope won't be confused if that is spoiler or just guessing game/ speculation.
    Last edited by eni294; 03-05-2016 at 19:03.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-05-2016), maidmarian (03-05-2016)

I see your point, but I think it works fine as it is to be honest. People are usually discussing spoilers when they speculate or guess where a character/storyline is headed, so to me that discussion is relevant to the spoiler thread.

It's different if discussions veer way off course, especially if they get repetitive and boring (as often happens in the Emmerdale Ross Barton thread).

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

eni294 (03-05-2016), Perdita (03-05-2016)

I see your point, but I think it works fine as it is to be honest. People are usually discussing spoilers when they speculate or guess where a character/storyline is headed, so to me that discussion is relevant to the spoiler thread.

It's different if discussions veer way off course, especially if they get repetitive and boring (as often happens in the Emmerdale Ross Barton thread).
    I must agree with you. That this way is easier to discuss each spoiler. I was just taken aback when someone was not happy with people speculating. Personally I like both. Solid spoilers and the speculation. Also opinions about characters and/or their actions are fun. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Is there a way of marking each thread either as spoiler, speculation or opinion? This might help to have more transparency and less confusion?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by eni294 View Post
    I must agree with you. That this way is easier to discuss each spoiler. I was just taken aback when someone was not happy with people speculating. Personally I like both. Solid spoilers and the speculation. Also opinions about characters and/or their actions are fun. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.
    I don't remember that. Was it on a Neighbours thread?

Yes, it was. Not long ago.

I don't remember that. Was it on a Neighbours thread?
    One example- spoilers 18th - 22nd of April post #43. It wasn't very strong but discouraging enough.

I think more people would take part in discussions if it would be safe to voice their ideas and opinions. Negatively can be very disheartening

15. The Following User Says Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by eni294 View Post
    One example- spoilers 18th - 22nd of April post #43. It wasn't very strong but discouraging enough.

I think more people would take part in discussions if it would be safe to voice their ideas and opinions. Negatively can be very disheartening
    Everyone just ignored that comment so I wouldn't worry about it. The only thing I've seen seriously frowned upon in Neighbours spoiler threads is people being rude or disruptive, and doing things like posting their opinions as fact and confusing everyone.

Very few people mind good tempered discussion and speculation as long as it's vaguely relevant to the thread, so don't be disheartened.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (03-05-2016), Perdita (03-05-2016)

Thread Information