Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Elly Conway (Jodi Anasta )

Daily Telegraph article on Jodi Anasta (Elly) today:

Jodi Anasta reveals how she balances raising daughter Aleeia and starring in Neighbours

JODI Anasta made the ultimate sacrifice when she joined the cast of Neighbours.

Playing Elly Conway on the Melbourne-based soap has meant being separated from her three-year-old daughter, Aleeia, for several days of the week because the youngster remains in Sydney with Anasta’s ex-husband Braith.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/3...d914?width=650

The starlet admits that her desire to return to acting was partly responsible for the breakdown of her marriage to the former Sydney Roosters captain. The high-profile couple split in 2015 after three years of marriage because, while the Fox Sports commentator wanted more children, Anasta wanted to throw herself back into acting.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/5...96b9?width=650

Though she misses Aleeia desperately, Anasta, 32, has no regrets about her decision to go back to work.

She has become quite a deft hand at the weekly flights between the two cities, even laughing that she’s come to view some of the airport staff as being her “airport family”.

“I use the time (on the plane) to get through my scripts then, when I am with Aleeia, it’s all about her and spending time together,” she says.

“A mother’s guilt is always there. But I feel like I am also setting a good example for Aleeia, showing her women can have a successful career and be a mother. Aleeia has adapted to this so well. She’s a happy, vivacious little girl

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/c...8163?width=650

“I love what I do and being able to work on a show like Neighbours is an incredible opportunity. That they (the producers) were able to restructure the schedule so that I could be with Aleeia and still be part of the show is incredible. It shows what strong family values they have.”

Anasta, then known by her maiden name of Jodi Gordon, first found fame on Home and Away playing Martha, the granddaughter of Alf Stewart (Ray Meagher). It was a role that won her a Logie and made her a household name.

Anasta’s love-life, first as the girlfriend of Channel 7 heir Ryan Stokes and then as a NRL WAG made her the subject of frenzied attention. While her ex has moved on with his personal trainer, girlfriend Rachael Lee, Anasta prefers not to talk about her love life.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/8...66d7?width=650

“Being on a show like Home and Away or Neighbours, or even just being a working actor, there’s always going to be some level of interest in you,” she says.

“I just do my thing.

“I don’t worry about it. I have an amazing job and a wonderful, supportive family.”

Although a childhood fan of the show, Anasta said Home and Away had taught her that the reality of life on set was far from glamorous

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/5...bb6f?width=650

She admits to often starting her day at four am for a quick run on the treadmill before being on set by six. But she also gets lots of time off to spend with her young daughter.

“It was a bit daunting at first as I hadn’t done fast-paced soap for seven or eight years,” she says.

“There are always lots of scripts to learn in very little time. But it’s not forever.”

Far from moaning about her gruelling schedule, Anasta said she is relishing her time on Neighbours and in Melbourne.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/0...e374?width=650

She says the cast had been extremely welcoming and she now considers many of them to be good friends.

Anasta has now spent a year on the popular Channel 11 drama. She is about to embark on a juicy storyline that sees her character, Elly, in a love triangle with her best friend Paige (Olympia Valance) and Mark (Scott McGregor).

It’s a storyline that Anasta identifies with, though she hastens to add that she’s never been part of a love triangle herself.

“I was a little bit scared of doing this storyline at first,” she says.

“But this isn’t just about two women fighting over a man.

“It’s about two friends putting each other before themselves. As a woman, I have friends that I wouldn’t want to do anything to upset. It’s the girl code.”

Watch Neighbours, Eleven, weekdays, 6.30pm

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (02-08-2017)

her whining over mark and paige is very annoying

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

badirene (03-10-2017), kaz21 (03-10-2017), Ruffed_lemur (03-10-2017), SoapsJSK (03-10-2017)

Does anyone realised that her voice is all croaky in some episode?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ggrham For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (12-10-2017)

do i sense she fancies shane?

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours star Jodi Anasta promises "terrifying" scenes as Finn Kelly returns.

"It affects nearly everyone in Erinsborough

Neighbours kicks off a big new storyline for Elly Conway this week as she's reunited with her estranged sister Bea Nilsson.

Elly couldn't be more excited to have this opportunity to build bridges with her sibling after years apart, but there's a very unsettling twist when we later find out that Bea (Bonnie Anderson) is dating the dastardly Finn Kelly.

With Bea under the impression that Finn (Rob Mills) is called "Patrick", it's clear that he's pulling all the strings and back to his old manipulative tricks. But how long will it take the sisters to realise that?

Digital Spy recently caught up with Jodi Anasta, who plays Elly, to hear more about the storyline.

How did you feel about Neighbours bringing in Elly's sister for the first time?

"I remember they told me about it six months ago and I have just been so excited this whole time. To then find out it was Bonnie Anderson playing Bea was even better, because it's been an absolute joy to work with her.

"Bea's arrival gives Elly that next level of depth. It gives the audience the opportunity to really get to know her better and to see those family relationships play out. You'll see the good and the bad history that Elly has with her sister, so it's really exciting."

Can you tell us a bit about the history between the two sisters?

"When Elly was growing up, she was always really close to her mum Liz. On the other hand, Bea always reminded Liz of Bea's dad. That brought a lot of pain to Liz, so she sided with Elly all the time and that made Bea feel really left out.

"On top of that, Elly was really selfish when she was growing up. She was partying too hard, and she was obsessed with uni and boys. Elly never gave Bea the time of day, so she has a lot of making up to do.

"There are huge things that happen once Bea arrives and the backstory starts to unfold. It's such a great storyline."

To make matters even more complicated, Finn Kelly is back...

"Finn Kelly is like a cat with nine lives – I was in shock when I heard that he was coming back! I didn't think that Finn would manage to make his way back to Erinsborough, but here he is again and it's an absolutely huge storyline.

"It's been a lot of fun to play that storyline with Bonnie and with Jackie Woodburne. I don't know how much I can go into it, but it really affects nearly everyone in Erinsborough."

We're guessing Elly should be pretty worried about Finn's connection to her sister...

"Yeah, I think once Elly cottons onto that, everything changes. But she doesn't realise what's going on at the start. Elly doesn't even realise that Finn is back in town until it's too late, and by that point, she's in a very dangerous position. A lot of the family is in a very dangerous position and it's almost a little bit too late.

"You'll have to wait and see what happens, but it's quite terrifying. Rob Mills plays that character so well."

Are you glad that you've made this move into another long-running soap?

"I absolutely love it. I can honestly say that I wake up every morning and it's exciting and inspiring to go to work. I get to play out these incredible storylines, I have a character that I love, and I'm working with great, honest people who are also awesome actors. There's a really great sense of camaraderie and family at Neighbours, and I really like that."

Do you monitor the fan reaction to Elly?

"I remember when I first started in the show, I would have people tell me what people were saying all the time – but it was not to my benefit to know. Especially not when Elly first joined the show, because she was still stuck in her old ways and people weren't warming to her.

"I knew people would warm to her eventually, once the facade came down and people got to know her. I knew they would really embrace her, but at the start it was quite horrible. Every character has that, though – there are people who like you and people who hate you.

"I haven't found that it's beneficial to monitor the reaction, but if I need some feedback, I like to speak to the producers, the directors or fellow cast members. Sometimes I'll even find out my family's opinion of her, because if they don't like something Elly is doing, they'll give it to me in a different way.

"When it's online, it can stray into people attacking you for personal reasons, so I try not to worry about that. I just focus on the work that I'm doing and enjoying it."

Did you enjoy playing Elly's edgier side, or do you prefer it when she's nicer?

"At the start, it was a challenge for me playing this character who was doing outrageous things. I'd find myself thinking, 'I can't believe I'm doing this – how am I going to make this girl loveable? How am I going to find the truth, the honesty and the vulnerability in everything she's doing? There's definitely a story behind why she's acting out so much'.

"It's been a great journey for me to find all these things out about Elly and slowly showing them, but it was a challenge at the start. I really like the space that Elly is in now. She's doing really well with work, she's responsible, she's focused and she's doing the right thing.

"She's supporting a lot of the relationships around her, and she has a wonderful friendship with Amy. She's getting to know her sister Bea again, and there's her mum Liz and her aunty Susan too. I find that more exciting and a little bit deeper, so I'm enjoying it."

Would you like Elly to find the right guy and settle down with him?

"I feel like Elly has already found him, but it's just a timing thing. He's right in front of her eyes and always has been, but it's finding that time for two people to be together. I've always believed who Elly should be with from the start and I've felt that the writers have always leant towards that.

"Mark and Elly only dated for a little while, but they've always shown that they had this really special energy about them. We'll see what happens."

What's it like to work with Jackie Woodburne (Susan) and Alan Fletcher (Karl)?

"It's phenomenal and I feel really lucky. I really look up to Jackie in lots of ways. Not only on set as an actor, but also as a person and a woman. I find her really inspiring, both on and off the screen.

"So getting to do the majority of my huge storylines with Jackie and with Fletch as well, I'm in a room with the best of the best. They will pull me up at any second if they think they can help me or make me better. As an actress, that's a really safe environment to be in and one where you can learn and grow very quickly."

You must be pleased to see Felix Mallard (Ben Kirk) landing his big new role in the States?

"He's killing it. I'm so proud and happy for him. Not only is he a great actor, but he's one of the nicest guys I've ever met in my life and he's so humble. He's just so deserving of everything that comes his way. Felix is incredibly talented with acting and with music as well, so there are only bigger and better things coming for him."

What would be your dream storyline to play as Elly?

"To be honest, you're probably not going to believe me, but my dream storyline was for Elly to have a sister and for the sister to come to Erinsborough! When I was growing up, I always wanted a little sister but I never had one.

"When I first came to Neighbours, I thought it'd be nice for Elly to have a sister and to live out that little girl dream on screen. So it's a really special time and I'm really loving this storyline at the moment."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (22-05-2018)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours death fears for Elly Conway after Finn Kelly holds her captive
    Will she pull through?

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...y-death-fears/

Neighbours has revealed a first look at some dramatic rescue scenes for Susan Kennedy, Elly Conway and Bea Nilsson.

The Ramsay Street residents find themselves in terrible danger over the next fortnight, as Finn Kelly's shocking revenge leaves them all in jeopardy.

As we've already revealed, a gripping new storyline sees Finn deliberately run over Xanthe Canning in Elly Conway's car in a twisted scheme to frame his ex-girlfriend.

Not stopping there, Finn later locks Susan, Elly and Bea in a shipping container before doing a runner, leaving them alone and vulnerable in total darkness.

As time ticks by, things become dire for the trapped trio as they struggle without any food or water and there's no sign of help arriving.

Elly (Jodi Anasta) is first to take a worrying turn for the worse, as she struggles with dehydration and ends up in a bad way.

These spoiler pictures show the dramatic moment that Mark Brennan and Karl Kennedy finally stumble across Finn's prisoners, freeing them before it's too late.

While Bea (Bonnie Anderson) and Susan (Jackie Woodburne) appear to have made it out unharmed, Elly's life hangs in the balance as she's rushed to hospital for emergency medical treatment.

Will Elly be okay? And with Finn nowhere to be seen, is he still a threat to his enemies in Erinsborough?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, July 16 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

and from radiotimes.com

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018...-on-the-loose/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 09-07-2018 at 01:48.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Aussieguy (09-07-2018), MellBee (09-07-2018)

DigitalSpy article:

Neighbours reveals Mark Brennan and Elly Conway's future after a big ultimatum
    It's time for a final decision.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...conway-future/

Neighbours has revealed a first look at the moment that Mark Brennan and Elly Conway finally get their act together and become a couple.

The pair have been dancing around the possibility for weeks now, but every time it seems like they may be on track, something seems to get in the way.

Next week, Mark (Scott McGregor) finally loses patience with the situation and tells Elly that it's time to make up her mind.

Elly (Jodi Anasta) has previously told Mark that she can't think about a relationship until things are more settled with her sister Bea Nilsson, but that excuse starts to wear thin when it's clear that Bea is fine.

As Bea draws comfort from a new connection with Ned Willis, she starts being more warm and open towards those around her – even asking for help with her dyslexia for the first time.

Elly is thrilled with the mysterious change in her sister, but she's wrong-footed when Mark seizes on this – telling her that if she's not ready for a romance with him now, she never will be.

With the potential couple at a crossroads, Bea and Xanthe Canning intervene by hatching a thoughtful match-making plan.

Presenting Mark and Elly with a suitcase each, Bea and Xanthe encourage them to literally write down their 'baggage' and pack it away so they have no excuses afterwards.

Although slightly sheepish about this novel approach, Mark and Elly open up about the past problems that have them fearful about moving forward, before finally deciding to make a go of things.

Is there a happy future ahead for Mark and Elly as they take a leap into the unknown?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Thursday, August 16 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (06-08-2018)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours mystery as Elly Conway is rejected by Mark Brennan
    Why doesn't he want to spend the night with her?

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...-mark-brennan/

Neighbours' Elly Conway fears there could be trouble brewing in her relationship with Mark Brennan already next week.

We've previously revealed how Elly (Jodi Anasta) and Mark (Scott McGregor) are about to finally become a couple after months of dancing around the possibility.

Next week, Elly excitedly looks forward to Mark's first sleepover at Number 28 – delighted that their problems are finally in the past. Or so she thinks.

Elly even buys some brand new sheets for her bed, deciding that fresh sheets will mean a fresh start for their relationship.

As these brand new spoiler pictures show, the pair's evening gets off to a promising start as things heat up in Elly's bedroom.

Later on, though, Mark suddenly appears to turn cold as he makes an excuse to leave and sleep at home rather than in Elly's bed.

Elly tries her best not to read too much into it, but could there be a reason why Mark rejected the opportunity to spend a full night with her?

Viewers will see the pair's relationship become official in this Thursday's episode (August 16), as Bea Kinsella and Xanthe Canning play matchmaker for them.

Bea and Xanthe instruct Mark and Elly to literally write down their 'baggage' and pack it away into two suitcases – then they have no excuses not to move forward together.

The novel idea appears to cement Mark and Elly's future, but only time will tell whether they're in it for keeps.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, August 22 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

I guess the reason Mark doesn't want to go to bed with Elly is more corny, but my first thought was: Why would he? I wish they wouldn't get back together.

He must be gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Thread Information