Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Elly Conway (Jodi Anasta )

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    That photo of Jodi is so badly photoshopped it looks like she's wearing a mask!
    AND she's LITERALLY standing on her tippy toes!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lellygurl View Post
    In those heels, she has to

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-07-2016), lellygurl (11-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lellygurl View Post
    In those heels, she has to

It'll be good to see Jodi back on our screens 👍

Jodi Anasta on Elly Conway's return: "A big tragedy will be unveiled"

The actress also promises that Elly will find romance very soon .....

She was once a rebellious teen causing havoc at the Kennedys', but when Neighbours reintroduces Elly Conway today (July 18) it won't be just her face that has changed.

Now played by former Home and Away star Jodi Anasta, Susan's niece Elly is all grown up and will arrive back in town to teach at Erinsborough High. Proving that old habits die hard, it will come as no surprise that trouble isn't far behind, but when Digital Spy caught up with Jodi recently, she promised a tragic curveball in Elly's story...

After a few months filming, do you feel as though you've settled into the new role?

"Yes I do. I am absolutely loving it. We've just come back this week after a two-week break and before that I had been there nine weeks. Coming back this week, I have noticed a huge shift in my personality, I am having a lot more fun, the lines are going in a lot easier and I am retaining all that information. It's so much better."

Have all the cast made you feel welcome?

"So welcome. They are the most beautiful bunch of people – all the cast, crew, production. I can already feel like they are going to be like my left leg. I worked with Kip and Andrew Morley when I was in Home and Away. I had also met Rebeckah before at a big reunion thing we both went to so there is a little bit of a crossover there."

Are there any major differences between Neighbours and Home and Away?

"It's hard to say. Obviously one is in Sydney on the beach and one is in Melbourne in the suburbs. It is also a different character, different storylines and all of that. I would say that, generally, that there is the same family feel about both. But Neighbours is very relaxed and I noticed that. When we are on set, the cast and crew are really relaxed. It's a very fun environment too. Everyone makes the days exciting and entertaining. We are always cracking up and we have a good time on set. I think that's really important."

Is it daunting taking on a part that was previously played by somebody else? Or do you feel there has been a long enough gap for you to make the role your own?

"I feel like there has been a long enough gap to be honest. I was aware that she was on it 15 years ago but I think given that time time period, and the fact that she was very young when she was on the show, there is time to grow and change. It meant I could play around with the character a little bit. I didn't watch it when she was on it before but I had a little bit of information on her."

What has brought Elly back to Erinsborough? Is it just the job or is there more to it?

"Elly runs with the fact that it's just a job. She's very much 'Susan called me, I'm here for the job'. But other things are revealed over time. She's had a break-up, she's got a broken heart and there are a couple of other things that have happened that are revealed throughout the next few episodes. I think when we reveal that it will show you a bit more about Elly and who she is. It shows you more about her in depth as opposed to this confident front that she puts on. I think it is nice that viewers will be able to get to know Elly for who she really is."

Elly was a rebellious teenager before, but what can we expect from now?

"She has grown up and she's had some wild years. She's had fun, she's travelled, she has lived overseas with her mum, she's been around and she's had a few jobs. She has really lived her life and now she is at a point where she is really figuring out her next phase. But she's fun, feisty and quite unpredictable in her mannerisms and the way she teaches as well, which is an interesting contrast to the way Susan is because she is very by the book, strict and predictable. I think it's great seeing that chemistry between Susan and Elly where there are very different but they get on so well."

What is her relationship like with Susan?

"They have such a beautiful relationship. It's great. Elly brings out the spicy side in Susan! They have a little bit of fun together and her and Susan have this mother/daughter relationship. Elly really confides in Susan."

What has it been like working so closely with Jackie Woodburne?

"Jackie is just so incredible to work with. She makes me feel so relaxed. As an actress, I feel like she gets the best out of me because of the way she is. She really cares about the characters, the storylines and it is nice working with someone when they have that outlook."

Do you think fans will like her? Or will she be a bit of a villain?

"It depends. If you watch Neighbours a lot and you are quick to judge, then what you will see is a not very likeable girl. She is flirting with the wrong people and finding herself in these situations that are very misleading, But if you tough it out, get to know her, give her a chance – you will see that there is a very special girl behind that."

We know that she's going to clash with Piper. Could that cause problems for her further down the line?

"Yeah, but again, that is a situation where she didn't know what was going on. Piper walks in at the wrong time and ends up throwing a jug of sangria over Elly and it extends from there. Then there was also the whole undressing thing in the Waterhole, which was very daunting to do in your second week might I add! I was like, 'What? I've got to take my top off?'. But this is what I mean by hanging in there. She is so much more than what she is showing people in that first episode. It's a fun journey."

We've also heard Mark Brennan will catch her eye. Can you tell us anymore about that?

"My first scene on Neighbours this week is Elly meeting Mark Brennan. It is a hilarious scene and I think that will tell everyone – whatever they are thinking, that will explain a few things. I actually spoke to Scott about it and he said that you see another side of Mark Brennan in that scene too. It will be interesting to see that friendship play out. She wants to have fun. She enjoys flirting and she enjoys stirring up trouble too sometimes. She will get on really well with the Brennan brothers and they all have a great relationship with her. She is one of the boys with them."

Will she find romance then?

"She flirts with Mark. She will find romance very quickly, but whether or not that is with Mark is another question. I will keep everyone guessing though."

Will she make any friends? Or will the women see her as a threat?

"Yes, she will make friends. I think that is what I am talking about with people getting to know her in Erinsborough. It is a place where people talk and people whisper, but once she has been around for a while then she becomes accepted a bit more. People get to know her and she makes some really good friends."

Can you give us any more hints on what is coming up for her?

"There will be quite a big tragedy which is unveiled. It is linked to Elly's past and that will happen quite quickly. That is a huge storyline, but I don't know how more I can say about it. It will give you more insight into her as well."

Digital Spy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (18-07-2016)

Well she's a bit desperate and nasty. Not a big fan of her, at the moment.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

indigodance (19-07-2016), lizann (21-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    Which makes for better soap viewing.... I don't mind her. I sense a degree of vulnerability underneath her which I quite like. The only problem for me is the terrible writing when they have the characters flirt, but I guess it has to be g rated and hence, not particularly seductive.

Which makes for better soap viewing.... I don't mind her. I sense a degree of vulnerability underneath her which I quite like. The only problem for me is the terrible writing when they have the characters flirt, but I guess it has to be g rated and hence, not particularly seductive.

It was more her flirting with mark and then Tyler that made me think desperate. But I'm sure as we learn more about her, it will make more sense.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (21-07-2016)

It was more her flirting with mark and then Tyler that made me think desperate. But I'm sure as we learn more about her, it will make more sense.
    I hope so. She doesn't give up on the guys when she finds out they have girlfriends too. Although guess that doesn't apply to Tyler now.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (22-07-2016)

Thread Information