Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Elly Conway (Jodi Anasta )

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherboy View Post
    Digital Spy article:

Neighbours star Jodi Anasta films Elly Conway's final scenes
    "Peace out Melbs."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...-final-scenes/

Neighbours star Jodi Anasta has confirmed that she has filmed her final scenes.

Jodi is leaving the Australian soap – after playing Elly Conway for nearly four years – to move back to Sydney so that she can spend more time with her daughter as well as pursue other projects.

In a new Instagram post, the star said goodbye to Melbourne, where the show is filmed.

Peace out Melbs, you have been the most incredible journey yet!!" she said.

"Thank you @artserieshotels for giving me a home away from home. I started my Neighbours journey at this hotel 4 years ago and now I've ended it in the same way.

"Big love to everyone xx"

Jodi's departure from the show was announced in January, and last month, she suggested that fans can expect a "brutal" exit storyline for the character.

"I don't have any say in the way I exit the show, but I'm very, very happy with my exit," she said at the time. "It will be next-level brutal. I can't believe I get to do this on television."

Viewers have seen Elly survive Finn Kelly's island terror, but finds herself in trouble as the police suspect she may have killed the villain.

Elly actually had no part in Finn's death – so could she go down for a crime that she didn't commit?

Meanwhile, Neighbours is taking a two-week break from filming starting today (March 27). The production hiatus had been planned to start next Friday, but was brought forward due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Neighbours airs on Channel 5 (UK) and 10 Peach (Australia).

And the Radiotimes.com article:

Neighbours boss teases Elly’s exit – is she heading to jail for Finn’s murder?
    "We are entering a final, intense chapter for the character"

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/soap...lly-exit-jail/
    I just don't care! I'm just looking forward to her and her teeth being gone from Neighbours and my TV

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to courseiam For This Useful Post:

kayuqtuq (30-03-2020), Rowdydog12 (12-05-2020)

Digital Spy article:

6 huge Neighbours theories over Elly Conway's exit storyline
    She's leaving later this year, but how?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...y-conway-exit/

Neighbours' Elly Conway is leaving her troubled times on Ramsay Street behind soon, as star Jodi Anasta is departing the show after four years in the role.

Elly has been pivotal to some significant storylines over her tenure. From sleeping with her fiancé's sister to drinking the bars of Melbourne dry, to being front and centre for the dramatic, Finn-focused 35th anniversary storyline.

But how will someone who has been at the heart of so much drama leave the show? Let's delve into some big theories.

1. Elly dies

Let's start with the one that we can most confidently rule out. We don't think death is on the cards for Elly for a number of reasons – least of which being the recent trauma that has impacted Ramsay Street. They've already lost their resident villain Finn Kelly, friendly and lovable Gary was taken out, and Harlow will be grieving her mother for some time.

There's also the matter of those who live at Number 28. Susan and Bea (and, to an extent, Karl) have already been put through the wringer of late – would the writers of the show really heap more misery on them by killing Elly?

That being said, many fans see baby Aster staying on the show in the care of David and Aaron. And Jodi herself has said that her exit is incredibly dark. No, they wouldn't. Would they?

2. Elly's new home is prison

From what we consider the least likely, to the idea that seems to be getting more credible as the episodes go by. Finn died at his own hands (or feet), but beginning to bury the body as the police arrived probably wasn't Elly's smartest move – although we understand that Finn put her through a lot, especially in his final few days.

Now Elly has Detective Sky Mangel on the case, who doesn't seem to believe her innocence. Sam Fitzgerald, a lawyer with a grudge against the Kennedys, will also be keen to see her sent down. Could we really see this new mother sent to prison for a murder she didn't commit? Stay tuned.

3. Elly gets a Ramsay Street exit

Could we be way off base with the high drama angle and actually just see Elly wave goodbye to friends and family before heading off to start a new life in somewhere like Sydney? It wouldn't surprise us if she was to make this choice, providing she gets a say in her departure, that is.

The whole street must bring back bad memories for Elly, including her failed marriage and everything to do with Finn, so it would be easy to understand why she feels the need to move on and a make fresh start.

But would a character who has had this much of an impact just be given a quiet goodbye? We don't think so – but then it would be nice to see her get a happy ending after everything she's been through of late.

4. A reunion with Shaun

Okay, so maybe this is the least likely option on the list. Shaun, Aster's father and Finn's brother, was killed in an avalanche off-screen before Aster was even born – and given that was several months ago, it would be a bit of stretch to see him show up unscathed now.

Still, with this show known for characters not staying dead – Harold, Woody, Mark and Dee to name just a few – it wouldn't be too surprising to see Shaun back in town to help give Elly a happy ending.

Maybe his mother, Claudia, is just as twisted as Finn was and has kept him hidden against his will the whole time? Unlikely, but not impossible.

5. A turning point for Liz

To be honest, this is our favourite idea for a number of reasons, not least the fact that we would just love to have Debra Lawrance back on our screens as Elly's mother and Susan's sister, Liz. Lawrance clearly has such fun playing a role that is worlds apart from the loving Pippa in Home and Away.

While Liz still has Bea to come and visit, we can't imagine the writers letting us miss out on one last opportunity to have all three Conway women on screen at the same time.

It would also be a nice way to develop the character, too. Elly has been through so much these last few months (and has an ordeal ahead of her), so Liz coming back to be a proper mother and promising to look after her back home would be a lovely way for these two to bow out.

6. One last time for Chelly

It would be remiss not to mention a couple that has had a legion of supporters since they first showed an interest in each other. While it could be argued that Elly and Chloe aren't the healthiest of pairings (they've tried to be more than friends before, and there's the whole issue of them sleeping together when Elly was marrying Chloe's brother), there is undeniable chemistry between them both.

There are a legion of Chelly supporters on social media and April Rose Pengilly, who plays Chloe, has herself made it clear that she loves the two of them together.

Could one last moment between these two be on the way? Given Chloe is married to Pierce now, it does seem like a scenario that could provide the writers with some drama even after Elly has left Erinsborough.

Neighbours currently airs on Mondays and Fridays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and weeknights at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-04-2020)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours star Jodi Anasta promises surprising exit storyline for Elly Conway
    "What's going to happen is very unpredictable."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ay-exit-story/

Neighbours star Jodi Anasta has spoken to Digital Spy about her exit storyline, hinting that viewers will be surprised by the way her character Elly Conway leaves the show.

Jodi recently announced that she'll be bowing out from the Aussie soap after four years in the role of Elly.

Elly's current storyline sees her in big trouble after being wrongly blamed for the death of Finn Kelly, leading to speculation that she could go to prison.

In a new exclusive chat with Digital Spy, Jodi explained: "I remember I spoke to the producers six months ago about the start of Elly's departure storyline.

"Endgame and Finn's death were among the things that came up. Now for Elly to be in this scary position in the aftermath of that, it's exciting and really intense.

"But the thing people don't know is how unpredictable the story will be. Most people think that Elly will go to jail and then I leave. It's not that!

"What's going to happen is very unpredictable and I love that. It's great for the viewers."

She continued: "I've read a couple of things on social media and in the media about how people think Elly will leave, but it's not at all what people expect. It's really exciting, really beautiful, scaet and unpredictable.

"But Elly has a bit of a way to go – I don't think my last scene is on air until June or July. It'll be interesting, as this plot keeps unfolding, to see what people's thoughts are and where people think it will go.

"It's been an amazing four years on Neighbours, but in the last couple of months in particular, I've been able to have so much fun with actors and actresses who you wouldn't expect me to be having scenes with."

Jodi also explained why she's leaving Neighbours after Elly's four-year run of dramatic storylines.

She said: "I think it was just time. Elly has done so many things that have been amazing. She's been through the ins and the outs, and the ups and the downs. I think we both just felt: 'Where else do we go from here?' So it felt like it was time.

"I know we're in the middle of coronavirus at the moment but it's nice to be back at home with my daughter and get back to basics – being a mum, and a teacher at the moment as well! It's nice to get back to what's important to me."

Neighbours currently airs Mondays and Fridays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and weekdays at 6:30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-04-2020)

Would Shaun want Elly now after Finn's death, yes to wanting his daughter though

But would Elly want Shaun though? I don’t see that being the best outcome. After everything that happened, I’d want to forget it all not become part of the family...

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours star Jodi Anasta reveals surprising news over Elly and Chloe's future
    Could they still reunite?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...chloe-brennan/

Neighbours star Jodi Anasta has hinted that there's still hope for Elly Conway and Chloe Brennan's future as a couple.

The pair were briefly an item last year but went their separate ways, which ultimately led to Chloe (April Rose Pengilly) reuniting with Pierce Greyson (Tim Robards).

Elly will be departing Ramsay Street later this year, as Jodi is leaving the show. However, in an exclusive chat with Digital Spy, Jodi insisted that this doesn't necessarily mean the end for Elly and Chloe.

Asked whether she'd return to the show one day, Jodi told us: "My whole thing is that Elly has to come back and get Chloe! That has been my thing from day one.

"I thought: 'It's definitely time for me to leave, but I don't want Chelly to be over just yet'. So I guess it's in the hands of the script department and the producers and we'll see what happens towards the end of the year."

Responding to fans who think that Chloe and Elly's relationship was too brief, Jodi continued: "What I say to them is 'never say never'. I know it would seem like it's done because I've left the show, but there's always other options around that.

"Even I haven't given up on Chelly. So if I haven't given up, no-one else should. I just loved their relationship. Honestly, it was one of my favourite storylines, along with the Mark Brennan story and the wedding.

"It was so unexpected and I do think it would be a shame for anyone to give up on that."

Jodi announced her departure from Neighbours in January after a four-year run as Elly.

Her current storyline sees Elly facing serious accusations over the accidental death of Finn Kelly, but there are more twists and turns ahead before she leaves the show later in the year.

Neighbours currently airs Mondays and Fridays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and weekdays at 6:30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (14-04-2020)

After reading things and putting stuff together I think she leaves

A) With Shaun who is alive
    B) Moves overseas with Claudia

The second option will be the shock one people don't expect

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours star Jodi Anasta returning to set to give Elly Conway a fitting send-off
    "I'm really relieved."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...conway-scenes/

Neighbours actress Jodi Anasta will give her character Elly Conway "the send-off she deserves" following a period of uncertainty.

Back in January, Jodi announced that she'd be departing the soap to pursue other projects and move back to Sydney, but the coronavirus-inspired shutdown of production threw a spanner in the works.

Appearing on her co-star Takaya Honda's interview series Tak Talks recently, Jodi confirmed what her upcoming plans were.

"I'm flying back to Melbourne on Sunday (April 26) to start Neighbours again," she said

"I'll be back for two weeks, which is so exciting. I get to go back and see the whole gang again which will be so much fun."

The pandemic threatened to dry up the emotion of Elly's exit, so Jodi is relieved to be given another bite at the cherry when she returns to the set this weekend.

"I didn't get to say bye to anyone and I didn't know if I would have the opportunity to, you know, I didn't know what was going to happen," she added.

"So I'm really relieved that they've kind of rewritten the scenes and yeah, I get to come back for another two weeks – give Elly the send-off she deserves!"

Neighbours airs on Channel 5 in the UK and on 10 Peach in Australia.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (25-04-2020)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours star Jodi Anasta leaves set for the final time after filming new exit scenes for Elly
    "We out."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...way-final-day/

Neighbours star Jodi Anasta wished the soap's set a tearful farewell recently, after filming her final scenes as fictional English teacher Elly Conway.

The Aussie actor, who has been a part of the long-running series since July 2016, took to Instagram on Friday (May 8) to share a video of herself leaving the building for the last time.

She captioned the clip, which you can watch above, by writing: "And we out.... some of the best memories of my life. Thank you @neighbours I love you all, especially you [Bonnie Anderson]."

"Oh yeah! Say goodbye Jodes," Anderson – who plays Elly's half-sister Bea Nilsson on the show – can be heard exclaiming in the background of the clip, as she holds up the camera to capture the moment while the star wipes away a tear.

She didn't stop there either, as she later commented on the post: "Spread your wings my sis! You are a best friend and a sister I gained. I am so thankful for you."

As the cast and crew are currently divided due to the current pandemic, many of Anasta's co-stars were forced to send over their well wishes via social media.

"Can't breathe!! Hurts too much!!! Good luck for the next chapter and hug you when I'm legally able," Sharon Johal wrote on the post, as Jemma Donovan added: "Sending so much love!"

"So hard to say goodbye today and not be able to hug you! ♥️ You and will see you again soon!!" Takaya Honda gushed.

"All the best jodes! Stay safe & see you soon," Ben Hall typed, as Rebekah Elmaloglou chimed in: "We will miss you."

Anasta announced she was leaving back in January, explaining to fans that she's keen to pursue other projects.

Last month, she revealed during an interview on Honda's podcast TakTalks that she was returning to set for two weeks to give Elly "the send-off she deserves" despite tricky restrictions due to COVID-19.

Neighbours will resume airing on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and weekdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia) from Monday May 11.

Digital Spy article:

AUST PACE

Neighbours reveals Elly Conway's ultimate fate after big new twist
    But how far will Claudia go to keep Aster?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...-prison-twist/

Neighbours character Elly Conway will be released from prison.

TV Soap magazine in Australia reports that in upcoming episodes, Elly (Jodi Anasta) will continue to struggle behind bars, not only being away from Aster but also facing torment from Claudia Watkins (Kate Raison).

Elly is devastated when she learns that Claudia has taken custody of Aster from the Kennedys, and worse yet, Claudia visits Elly with Aster to rub it in – which leads to Elly attempting to run away with her baby.

Chloe (April Rose Pengilly) decides to take action and, with Aaron Brennan (Matt Wilson), comes across some powerful dirt against Claudia.

Claudia tries to subtly bribe Aaron into keeping quiet by promising to help him and David Tanaka become parents, but this fails. Claudia then tries to flee the country to Switzerland, only to find at the airport that her son Shaun is still alive and standing in front of her.

Shaun shares his avalanche ordeal and how he recovered from serious injuries in an abandoned hut amid freezing conditions, and Claudia agrees to give up Aster and hand herself into the police.

Elly ends up being released from prison when Toadie Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney) catches something suspicious about her sentencing.

Elly returns home but mentally struggles, particularly as she tries to process the fact that Shaun is not dead, and she soon has a breakdown.

In the UK, Channel 5 viewers have just seen Elly being sentenced.

Neighbours currently airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (12-05-2020)

Thread Information