Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Elly Conway (Jodi Anasta )

Elly Conway (Jodi Anasta )

'I am thrilled to be working!' Former Home And Away star Jodi Anasta lands role in Neighbours after splitting from husband Braith amid plans to focus on career

She has previously expressed her desire to return to acting.

And it seems Jodi Anasta's dream has finally become a reality.

The 31-year-old former Home And Away star announced on Thursday she will join the cast of long-running Australian soap Neighbours just a few months after announcing her split NRL star Braith.

'I am thrilled to be working!': Former Home And Away star Jodi Anasta announced on Thursday that she will be joining the cast of long-running Australian soap, Neighbours'As an actor in Australia, I am thrilled to be working,' Jodi told The Daily Telegraph as she revealed her new role.

'The biggest hurdle for me right now is "will my brain fit all these scripts in and will I deliver?"'

It is believed that the popular actress has signed a three year contract with the popular TV drama.

Jodi will be a regular fixture on the Channel Ten show and will make her debut in July as English schoolteacher Elly Conway - the unpredictable niece of Susan and Karl Kennedy.

'She is a little bit wild and has an unconventional way of teaching so all these great layers of naughtiness but with a heart of gold,' she said of her character.

'She is a little bit wild': The 31-year-old will be a regular fixture on the Channel Ten show and will make her debut in July as English schoolteacher Elly Conway - the unpredictable niece of Susan and Karl Kennedy

Moving on: The announcement comes just a few months after announcing her split from husband retired NRL star Braith Anasta, who said he felt Jodi had put her career on hold for him

The mother-of-one also revealed she will split her time between Sydney and Melbourne in order to juggle the gig with taking care of her two-year-old daughter Aleeia, whom she shares with Braith.

'They pretty much pack a whole week of work into a few days for me,' she explained.

'They understand that Aleeia is my priority - I find it so incredible that they are allowing me to fulfill a dream but they're also letting me be the best mum I can,' she gushed excitedly.

'They understand that Aleeia is my priority': The mother-of-one also revealed she will split her time between Sydney and Melbourne in order to juggle the gig with taking care of her two-year-old daughter Aleeia

Jodi's new role comes six years after she quit Australian soap drama Home And Away.

Jodi found fame on the much-loved TV show in 2005 in the role of Martha MacKenzie, for which she won a Logie for Most Popular Actress in 2009.The popular media personality broke into film in 2010, playing the role of jockey Damien Oliver's partner Trish in the film based on Media Puzzle's win in the 2002 Melbourne Cup.

Back to her acting roots! Jodi's new role comes six years after she quit Australian soap drama Home And Away during which she played*Martha MacKenzie

Destined for stardom: Jodi found fame on the much-loved TV show for which she won a Logie for Most Popular Actress in 2009In an interview with The Fix, Jodi previously said she planned to remain in Australia to pursue her silver screen dreams rather than relocate to Hollywood.

The brunette beauty admitted her decision to stay in her home country was mostly due to her daughter.

'You can have a career in Australia,' she said. 'With Aleeia, I don't want to be away from her too much, so doing the LA thing is not something I'm actively pursuing.

'Staying in Australia is somewhat of a bold move, considering so many of her Home And Away contemporaries have found such success having relocated to Los Angeles.

Jodi started on the show in the same year Hollywood heartthrob and People's Choice winner Chris Hemsworth debuted, while Isla Fisher and Heath Ledger both found their starts in the late 90s.

'You can have a career in Australia': In an interview with The Fix , Jodi previously said she planned to remain in Australia to pursue her silver screen dreams rather than relocate to Hollywood

Jodi and Braith announced a 'trial separation' in December in a statement from the two saying they would continue to co-parent their little girl.

Following news of the split, the 34-year-old former Roosters captain said he felt Jodi had put her acting career on hold to have children.*'I think Jodi did sacrifice her career for me when we got married and I'm very grateful for that,' he told The Daily Telegraph in January.

'I wanted more kids and it wasn't for her at that time in her life.'I still want a big family, although there's nobody on the horizon at the moment,' the sportsman added.

The couple married in October, 2012, and welcomed Aleeia a year later.

'I wanted more kids and it wasn't for her at that time': Jodi and Braith announced a 'trial separation' in December, and following news of the split, Braith said he felt Jodi had put her acting career on hold for him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz..._campaign=1490
    Last edited by eni294; 28-04-2016 at 18:55.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

ChrisRF (18-07-2016), Dazzle (28-04-2016), lizann (28-04-2016), Pantherboy (29-04-2016), tammyy2j (28-04-2016), Vikki (28-04-2016)

I used to like Jodi (Gordon as she was then known) as H&A's Martha.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (28-04-2016), Pantherboy (29-04-2016), tammyy2j (28-04-2016)

a new lady for mark

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-04-2016), Pantherboy (29-04-2016), tammyy2j (28-04-2016)

Former Home and Away star Jodi Anasta joins Neighbours as Susan's niece Elly

She signs a three-year deal.

Former Home and Away star Jodi Anasta is returning to soapland, but she'll be swapping one Australian soap for another as she moves to Neighbours.

Jodi played Martha MacKenzie in Home and Away from 2005 to 2010, winning the Logie for Most Popular New Female talent in 2006.

She's now signed a three-year deal to play Susan Kennedy's niece Elly Conway.

"We've all got a mysterious past don't we?" she told The Australian Daily Telegraph of her character.

"Elly is the fun, feisty, unpredictable niece of Susan and Karl Kennedy.

"She is an English teacher, which is amazing because I get to play out one of my childhood dreams of being a teacher and I get to have fun and be a little bit naughty.

"She is a little bit wild and has an unconventional way of teaching so all these great layers of naughtiness but with a heart of gold."

Jodi will debut as the schoolteacher in July, but isn't the first person to play Elly, with Kendell Nunn having performed the role from 2001 to 2002.

At that time, Elly went on a mission to find her estranged father Ian, played by Peter Maver. Ian tells her that her real dad is actually Karl, but it later transpires that Ian is her real father after all.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...ns-niece-elly/
    Last edited by eni294; 28-04-2016 at 21:23.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

rjctjc (01-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I used to like Jodi (Gordon as she was then known) as H&A's Martha.
    I did also

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-04-2016)

It’s official: Jodie Anasta is returning to our television screens

Jodie Anasta is officially making her return to acting and is joining the cast of Neighbours.

Jodi Anasta is returning to our television screens, six years after quitting Home and Away. Jodi has made the leap from Summer Bay to Ramsay St as she’s signed on to star in Neighbours for three years.

The actress told The Daily Telegraph:"As an actor in Australia, I am thrilled to be working. The biggest hurdle for me right now is ‘will my brain fit all these scripts in and will I deliver. Literally all I’ve been doing is sitting in my hotel room, learning scripts, learning my lines and trying to get back into the motion of TV script learning.”

RELATED: Jodi Anasta is very, very skinny now

It’s rumoured that Jodi has signed on to Neighbours for three years and will start in July. Jodi will play a school teacher called Elly Conway. "We’ve all got a mysterious past don’t we. Elly is the fun, feisty, unpredictable niece of Susan and Karl Kennedy. She is an English teacher, which is amazing because I get to play out one of my childhood drams of being a teacher and I get to have fun and be a little bit naughty.

She is a little bit wild and has an unconventional way of teaching so all these great layers of naughtiness but with a heart of gold.”

Jodie has previously expressed her desire to return to acting especially after the breakdown of her marriage to former NRL player Braith Anasta. The pair announced their separation at the end of last year but said that they will continue to support each other and be there for their daughter Aleeia.

“We are going to continue to support each other and remain best of friends, we only want the best for each other and more importantly our amazing daughter Aleeia.”

We can’t wait to see Jodi Anasta back on our television screens.

*- See more at: http://www.nova969.com.au/entertainm....X5uzjBxj.dpuf

This article is about 3 ladies joining Neighbours this year- link below and full article posted on Mandy's tread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz..._campaign=1490

I am wondering where everyone is going to leave in July when Elly arrive?

I am guessing she would want to stay with Karl and Susan.

It might be that Nate will move in with Aaron to give her his room? (Daniel's room is empty and Brad moved in with Lauren some time ago- is Madison staying with Brennans at the moment?)

Susan and Karl will have Ben and Angus staying with them. Unless Angus moves out by the time?

Does anyone know how big the Kennedy's house is?
    Last edited by eni294; 01-05-2016 at 18:24.

Thread Information