Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Elly Conway (Jodi Anasta )

While I dont mind her or her character I do not like the idea of her with Mark, they look great together sure and she is flirtatious and blubbly but so was paige initially he has been there done that. With Steph its different what you see is what you get, she is practical down to earth and lays it out there, good times or bad I still prefer Mark with Steph and want them to work through things together and stay together.

Thats whats happening now with other couples they go through some issues and split up but when you really care you suffer through it for them and make things work, its not all sunshine and roses.

So pair someone else off with elly.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fragglerock For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-07-2016), Ruffed_lemur (23-07-2016)

While I dont mind her or her character I do not like the idea of her with Mark, they look great together sure and she is flirtatious and blubbly but so was paige initially he has been there done that. With Steph its different what you see is what you get, she is practical down to earth and lays it out there, good times or bad I still prefer Mark with Steph and want them to work through things together and stay together.

Thats whats happening now with other couples they go through some issues and split up but when you really care you suffer through it for them and make things work, its not all sunshine and roses.

So pair someone else off with elly.

I think Steph and Mark are a terrible couple, but I don't think this Elly chick is a good match for him either. He's too serious and rigid for someone like her.

I really don't like this new actress (never watched H&A). Her face is too plastic looking.

Elly is rushed to hospital. Karl is worried after hearing her symptoms - it's clear the snake released its venom into Elly, which could be fatal. To complicate matters further, routine tests reveal that Elly is pregnant. The news comes as a complete shock to her, but more worryingly, any treatment for the snake venom may put the early stage pregnancy at risk. Elly doesn't want to hurt the baby, but Karl puts it in stark terms - she needs antivenin or she could die. Elly realises there's no choice and tells him to go ahead.

Elly asks Susan to contact her ex Derek to let him know about his baby. Susan is intensely worried about her niece, especially after they learn that the baby didn't survive. Supporting Elly through her devastation, Susan learns that the break-up with Derek was recent and it's the reason Elly has been acting so wild since she first arrived.

Moved by Elly's plight, Susan is in no mood for Karl's posturing when he discusses Clive, the man who is accused of releasing the snake as a protest against the bike paths. Losing her cool, she lambasts Karl for his role in escalating the bike path debate and warns him that he'd better pull his head in or he'll have her to deal with. Has the snake triggered a rift in the Kennedys' marriage?

Meanwhile, Sonya confronts Clive at The Waterhole and warns him of the danger his protest posed. But Clive isn't one to be bullied and fights back, telling her he's not going to give up. Has Sonya put herself and her family in even more danger?

Elsewhere, when Xanthe goes to visit Elly in the hospital, she crosses with Ben. She is initially sympathetic to him over his worry for his cousin, but she does an about-face when she spots a hickey on his neck and realises he's been getting hot and heavy with Alison. She is hurt and lashes out, but he defends himself by reminding her that she's with Cooper. Both are yearning to be with each other but are unable to admit it.

Ben says as much to Piper, who is nursing a heavy heart of her own as she deals with the idea of Paige and Tyler hooking up. She is sympathetic, but points out that his attempt to distract himself with Alison just got serious - she's posted a status update saying they're in a relationship. It's Facebook official.

Digital Spy

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-07-2016), Pantherboy (24-07-2016)

Neighbours returnee Elly Conway takes centre stage in tragic scenes as she suffers a miscarriage next week.

Elly (Jodi Anasta) has no idea that she is pregnant until she is rushed to hospital after suffering a nasty snake bite.

The drama plays out after a mystery enemy releases a snake on the Rebecchi family's front lawn, leading to a worrying close call as the dangerous animal nearly bites Toadie and Sonya's young daughter Nell.

It's Elly to the rescue when she spots the danger and scoops Nell up, but her heroics come at a cost as she ends up being bitten herself.

Elly Conway loses her baby in Neighbours
    © Channel 5
    When Elly is rushed to hospital, routine tests reveal that she is pregnant and her uncle Karl Kennedy (Alan Fletcher) is forced to break the news that any treatment for the snake venom may put the baby at risk.

Elly is adamant that she doesn't want to jeopardise her pregnancy, but Karl convinces her to change her mind as she could die without the antivenin that she urgently needs.

It's a devastating time for Elly as she later learns that her baby didn't survive, but an emotional Susan (Jackie Woodburne) tries her best to offer as much support as possible.

Elly Conway loses her baby in Neighbours
    © Channel 5
    As the tragedy sinks in, the big question is who could have released the snake in the first place and the prime suspect is Clive West, a vocal opponent of bike paths which have just been green-lit by Sonya in her role as mayor.

However, when Karl seems more focused on his animosity with Clive than Elly herself, Susan blasts him for taking the bike path debate too far and warns him to sort out his priorities immediately. Has the snake incident triggered a rift in the Kennedys' marriage?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Friday, August 5 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-07-2016), Pantherboy (25-07-2016)

I dont think i mind her so much as a character as i liked her as Martha as well previously, but the script writers are unfortunately really making me dislike her. In the promo for tomorrow not only answers the door in a towel and doesnt excuse herself to put something decent on, she sits down right in front of mark and trying to be friendly and bubbly. She is over the top with her flirting and shows very little respect around others only enjoying making others uncomfortable.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fragglerock For This Useful Post:

indigodance (27-07-2016)

Here's your first look at Neighbours' hottest new romance, as Ned Willis and Elly Conway decide to enjoy an impulsive fling.

Elly (Jodi Anasta) will turn to Ned for comfort later this month after a turbulent few weeks – and he's only too happy for a chance to take his mind off his own troubles.

As these brand new pictures show, some playful flirtation between Elly and Ned will quickly turn into more when they head out for a drink together.

Ned Willis and Elly Conway go on a date in Neighbours
    © Channel 5

© Channel 5

© Channel 5
    Wasting no time, the pair lean in for a kiss and it seems that Ned's past crush on Lauren Turner is well and truly forgotten.

Well, that's surely what Ned's father Brad will be hoping for, anyway!

Ben Hall, who plays Ned, recently spoke to Digital Spy about the big new romance storyline – confirming that the casual hook-up could develop into a more serious relationship.

© Channel 5

© Channel 5

"I think it definitely starts as lust, but it has the potential to be love and that's what plays out over the next few months," Ben told us.

"It's a very unstable relationship, but it definitely has the potential to be love and quite long-lasting."

Digital Spy

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (16-08-2016), Dazzle (15-08-2016), Pantherboy (15-08-2016)

"It's a very unstable relationship, but it definitely has the potential to be love and quite long-lasting."
    Love .... ohh dear ..... here we go again .... awful woman ....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to indigodance For This Useful Post:

Perdita (17-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by indigodance View Post
    I'm growing to quite like Elly and her playful nature. I think Jodi's acting has improved since her first few episodes. It's understandable she's rusty after not acting for quite a few years. Hopefully she'll continue to improve.

I used to like her in H&A too though Martha turned into an annoying character towards the end through overexposure and having too much misery heaped upon her.

Isn't Ned still just a guest character? If that's true his romance with Elly isn't going to last. Anyway, he seems to be hung up on whoever the lock of blonde hair belongs to (is Lauren too obvious?)
    Last edited by Dazzle; 17-08-2016 at 23:23.

Thread Information