Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Redwater (Kat and Alfie spin off show)

It's just been advised as starting may 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    It's just been advised as starting may 18th.
    Read post #30

EastEnders star Shane Richie has teased "heartbreaking" scenes ahead for his character Alfie Moon in spin-off drama Redwater.

Alfie was diagnosed with a brain tumour before he left Walford in 2015, but further tests last year revealed that it was benign and not malignant.

However, Alfie's journey certainly doesn't end there, with Shane revealing that his usually-cheerful alter ego will be in a very dark place when viewers catch up with him in Redwater next week.

Discussing whether Alfie's brain tumour will play a big part in Redwater, Shane told Closer: "Yes, very much so.

"Time has passed and we find Alfie in a dark place. We've filmed some scenes that are really heartbreaking, just harrowing."

The actor goes also revealed that he was initially upset when EastEnders producers told him about Alfie's condition, as he was convinced they were plotting to kill him off.

However, given that Redwater's bosses are hoping the drama will be commissioned for another series, something tells us that Shane has nothing to worry about there.

Digital Spy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (10-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Hallelujah! The BBC has finally given Kat and Alfie's EastEnders spinoff Redwater a premiere date.

UK fans have been itching for solid information on when they'd be able to watch the standalone drama series, ever since RTE in Ireland announced it would air Redwater on May 14.

Here's the news you've been waiting for: Redwater will make its BBC One debut on Thursday, May 18 at 8pm. Some of you might already be panicking about a clash with Emmerdale, but take a breath!

Because of the (potentially Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn-less) ITV leaders' debate airing at 8pm on that night, Emmerdale will air for a full hour at 7pm.

So, no clash with Emmerdale at least for Redwater's premiere, but the Albert Square spinoff will still be facing some stiff competition from ITV's political forum.

Shane Richie and Jessie Wallace reprise their iconic EastEnders roles as the Moons in Redwater, as the couple's search for Kat's long-lost son brings them to a remote and secretive Irish village.

While Shane has confirmed that Redwater will only make a brief mention of Kat and Alfie's years in Albert Square, EastEnders does plan to reference the events of the spinoff in scenes next month.

Redwater has been created for the BBC by Dominic Treadwell-Collins, who famously was EastEnders' showrunner for three years. He quit the soap last spring.

"I've made sure that everything said on EastEnders has been tying in with Redwater," Treadwell-Collins recently said. "I still speak to EastEnders now and I believe that Sharon Batten has put a little reference to it in the main show."

Redwater will also star Orphan Black's Maria Doyle Kennedy, Game of Thrones veteran Ian McElhinney and iconic Irish actress Fionnula Flanagan.

Digital Spy
    The usual Eastenders episode at 7.30 will clash with the longer Emmerdale episode though.

Meet Kat's long lost son!! Dermott the priest and he's a killer😱😱😬. He killed a person in the first episode of Redwater which aired in Ireland last night!

metro.co.uk

another killer slater

Is Tommy and the twins Bert and Ernie in it?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (16-05-2017)

I watched for about 20 minutes and that was under duress .. so boring I shall not be watching any more as I really don´t want to know any more what happens

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

mysangry (30-05-2017)

I thought it was really good. Shall be watching next week.

Slow start, but definitely got interesting near the end.

Thread Information