Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Redwater (Kat and Alfie spin off show)

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    About time lol. Thanks Perdita.
    It does feel like forever.

New picture for EastEnders' Kat and Alfie spin-off Redwater released
    Kat and Alfie Moon's trip to Ireland is almost here, and we've got a brand new teaser picture to prove it.
    The EastEnders spin-off – Kat and Alfie: Redwater – sees the Moons turn up at the titular village as part of Kat's search for her long-lost son.
    The image sees the pair on either side of three mysterious characters (four if you include the horse).
    Among the new characters is Agnes, played by Fionnula Flanagan.
    She has previously been described as someone with "secrets, deceit and manipulation".
    Back in December, Shane Richie (who plays Alfie) teased the six-part drama by saying that EastEnders is doing something special in trying a project like this.
    "We've got nothing to compare it to because it's never been done before," he said. "None of the soaps have ever done it. They've all had that 'press the red button and there's a side story', but to actually take two characters out and put them amongst these other characters...
    "It is an ensemble piece, it's not just about Kat and Alfie.
    "And what was interesting about the script was that we make no reference [to EastEnders]. We never mention Albert Square, we never mention Walford.
    "There's just one scene where somebody says: 'Oh Alfie, have you ever had any experience in a pub?' and he says, 'Maybe a little bit!'"
    Kat and Alfie: Redwater will begin in May on BBC One.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (14-04-2017)

I think it's been too long without Kat and Alfie and the brain tumour to give a &^%$ about this spin off.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (14-04-2017), lizann (15-04-2017), parkerman (14-04-2017), Perdita (14-04-2017), tammyy2j (14-04-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post
    I think it's been too long without Kat and Alfie and the brain tumour to give a &^%$ about this spin off.
    I agree, I have forgotten that they were in EastEnders ...I wonder though if the Carters lose the pub .. will Alfie and Kat buy it ... if they have finished filming Redwater they would be available to return???

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (14-04-2017), kaz21 (14-04-2017), lizann (15-04-2017), tammyy2j (14-04-2017)

Why are they dressed so different, it is like they are different characters

I think this story should have kicked off more on Eastenders

It premieres on BBC One Thursday the 18th of May
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 14-04-2017 at 23:49.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (15-04-2017), Rear window (15-04-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post
    is alfie cured?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is alfie cured?
    Don't know. Don't think I have read anything either way. I was sort of expecting it to be part of the Redwater thing that he's magically cured or dies suddenly in Kat's arms.
    But tbh I'd quite like him back in the vic cos it means Mick Carter wouldn't be there any more.!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (15-04-2017), parkerman (15-04-2017)

Redwater is coming – and this brand new trailer for the EastEnders spin-off which follows a new journey taken by Kat and Alfie Moon gives us the first taste of the Irish based serial. Set over six hour-long episodes, the show is distinctly un-EastEnders, despite prominently featuring one of the show’s most popular couples.
    Kat and Alfie arrive at the apparently sleepy settlement and it becomes clear that many of the residents are harbouring secrets that could have dark consequences. As Kat begins the search for her long lost son, what will she uncover? And why will she and Alfie regret ever setting foot in Redwater?

The trailer offers a look at some of the first scenes and features brief glances at the rest of the ensemble cast, proving that this is far more than just Kat and Alfie’s story. And with grim overtones hinting at tragedy, someone seemingly struggling in water and fear and mystery, this will have you hooked.

It reveals the start date on Irish channel RTE One as 14th May but the UK release remains uncomfirmed, with whispers suggesting it could land up to a week later.
    Metro.co.uk were lucky enough to be invited to an exclusive screening of the first episode and trust us when we say that is is unmissable.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (30-04-2017), tammyy2j (04-05-2017)

shane said on an irish chat show recently there is no mention of walford

Hallelujah! The BBC has finally given Kat and Alfie's EastEnders spinoff Redwater a premiere date.

UK fans have been itching for solid information on when they'd be able to watch the standalone drama series, ever since RTE in Ireland announced it would air Redwater on May 14.

Here's the news you've been waiting for: Redwater will make its BBC One debut on Thursday, May 18 at 8pm. Some of you might already be panicking about a clash with Emmerdale, but take a breath!

Because of the (potentially Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn-less) ITV leaders' debate airing at 8pm on that night, Emmerdale will air for a full hour at 7pm.

So, no clash with Emmerdale at least for Redwater's premiere, but the Albert Square spinoff will still be facing some stiff competition from ITV's political forum.

Shane Richie and Jessie Wallace reprise their iconic EastEnders roles as the Moons in Redwater, as the couple's search for Kat's long-lost son brings them to a remote and secretive Irish village.

While Shane has confirmed that Redwater will only make a brief mention of Kat and Alfie's years in Albert Square, EastEnders does plan to reference the events of the spinoff in scenes next month.

Redwater has been created for the BBC by Dominic Treadwell-Collins, who famously was EastEnders' showrunner for three years. He quit the soap last spring.

"I've made sure that everything said on EastEnders has been tying in with Redwater," Treadwell-Collins recently said. "I still speak to EastEnders now and I believe that Sharon Batten has put a little reference to it in the main show."

Redwater will also star Orphan Black's Maria Doyle Kennedy, Game of Thrones veteran Ian McElhinney and iconic Irish actress Fionnula Flanagan.

Digital Spy

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Rear window (04-05-2017), tammyy2j (04-05-2017)

Thread Information