Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Angus (Jai Waetford)

Cancer secret revealed
    Angus is devastated to learn the truth about his mum’s health crisis.

Erinsborough teen Angus is left reeling this week in Neighbours when he finds out why his mother really left town.

Sarah (Nicola Charles) asked the Kennedy family to look after Angus (Jai Waetford) while she travelled to Germany for cancer treatment.

Keen to spare her young son any worry, Sarah decided not to tell him about her diagnosis.

The truth slips out when fellow teen Xanthe (Lilly Van der Meer) blurts out the real reason she and Ben (Felix Mallard) are always so nice to Angus.

It’s because they both know his mother is ill. Angus is devastated that no-one had told him the truth.

“He’s angry and upset,” Jai, 17, tells TV Week. “He had no idea of the reason she’d left to go to Germany - he’s been unaware of everything.”

Feeling let down by those around him, Angus seeks out Susan (Jackie Woodburne) to confirm whether what he’s heard is true.

Susan does her best to explain Sarah’s reasoning for not telling him. Her soothing words do little to help the distressed youngester.

Angus is also mad that the Kennedys weren’t honest with him either.

Susan has been the one Angus gets along with the most,” Jai explains. “He’s confided in her.”

“She’s always had a soft spot for him and he didn’t know why until now.”

Feeling betrayed by the adults in his life, Angus makes a rash decision - he’s going to leave town.

Will the runaway manage to flee Erinsborough before anyone finds him?

Credit: TV Week 6th June 2016

2. The Following User Says Thank You to g12may For This Useful Post:

tuckec01 (06-06-2016)

I have to admit I haven't been a big fan of Angus, but that scene with Susan today after he was done hitching was actually quite touching! If they could keep him like that I wouldn't mind if he stayed!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LauBuch For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-06-2016), tammyy2j (21-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by LauBuch View Post
    I have to admit I haven't been a big fan of Angus, but that scene with Susan today after he was done hitching was actually quite touching! If they could keep him like that I wouldn't mind if he stayed!
    I haven't seen today's episode yet but looking forward to that scene. I've always liked Angus but I'm not exactly sure why...

i prefer him over ben

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-06-2016), Perdita (21-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by LauBuch View Post
    I have grown to like him too

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-06-2016)

An article on Jai Waetford in the Sunday Telegraph today which mentions his "recurring role on Neighbours" & that "The teen entertainer returns to the Neighbours set to reprise his role as Angus Beaumont-Hannay next month..."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...975c02f7a7984e

Jai Waetford’s music career given a boost in Europe and Asia after YouTube and Neighbours

JAI Waetford couldn’t believe it when the Norwegian girls booked into the same hotel and bought plane tickets so they could follow Australian singer through security to the gate.

The London girls assembled in an orderly “kissing queue” at a park to meet him and there were excited fans waiting at the airports on the Asian leg of his global jaunt.

It’s a crazy life being a teen idol.

Waetford is conquering young girls’ hearts all over the world via his YouTube channel, his latest EP Heart Miles and his recurring role on Neighbours.

The confident 17-year-old has reinvented himself as a YouTuber — a bona fide entertainment gig in the digital age — and actor since being discovered on the X Factor three years ago.

And those profile-boosting sidelines have helped him connect with fans across the globe as he found when he embarked on a meet-and-greet tour through Europe and Asia earlier this month to promote Heart Miles.

Waetford said the time spent “hanging out” with fans who had discovered him via his weekly YouTube show or now on the long-running Australian soap had already translated into sales for Heart Miles.

"YouTube has been the main channel to spread my name throughout Europe but I am airing in the UK now on Neighbours,” he says.

“It’s crazy to land somewhere like Norway and 150 girls just show up to hang out with an Australian artist.

“And in London we had about 300 girls turn up and turned it into a massive hide and seek game and it went off, they loved it.”
    Waetford’s local fans remain loyal as witnessed during his opening performances on the tour by British girl group Little Mix in May.

His all-singing, all-dancing performances during the brief but important sets were rewarded with the deafening screams and brightly lit screens of 8000 young girls..

The teen entertainer returns to the Neighbours set to reprise his role as Angus Beaumont-Hannay next month after another songwriting trip to Los Angeles where he will be paired with Mike “I Took A Pill In Ibiza” Posner.

And get some face time with his American girlfriend of 10 months, fellow YouTuber Carrington Durham.

“I head over there now a fair bit but yeah, it can be super tough being away a lot. It has it’s ups and downs,” he said.

Not a spoiler, but for anyone interested & hasn't seen it, this is a link to Jai's X Factor audition from 2013 (if you can't open the link, just google Jai Waetford X Factor Australia 2013 AUDITION [FULL]) etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4deKPOHO00

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-06-2016), Perdita (26-06-2016)

Neighbours may have said goodbye to Sarah Beaumont for now, but that certainly doesn't mean we've seen the last of her troublesome son Angus.

Actor and singer Jai Waetford has reprised his role as Angus for another guest stint, which begins next week when he catches up with Ben Kirk (Felix Mallard) and Xanthe Canning (Lilly Van Der Meer) in Queensland.

Ben and Xanthe head to the Gold Coast to join Madison Robinson when she goes for an important singing audition.

It's also the perfect chance for Ben and Xanthe to enjoy some much-needed time alone together, with the teens planning to sleep together for the first time while they're there.

Just as Ben and Xanthe are discussing this, they're surprised but excited to come face-to-face with Angus for the first time since June, when he left Ramsay Street to be with Sarah again.

Angus Beaumont-Hannay returns to Neighbours
    © Channel 5

© Channel 5

© Channel 5

Neighbours aren't revealing much else about what's in store for Angus this time around, but he's certain to make sure that the fun and parties in Queensland go off with a bang.

And will he have any good news on how Sarah is doing? Her hardcore fans will be hoping the answer is yes...

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, September 26 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-09-2016), Pantherboy (19-09-2016)

Neighbours teen Angus Beaumont-Hannay is clearly a fan of older women, as he harbours a secret crush on Elly Conway when he returns to Ramsay Street next month.

Jai Waetford is reprising his role as Sarah's troublesome son in next week's Queensland storyline, but it's not just a brief appearance as Angus will be joining his old friends back on Ramsay Street afterwards.

It'll quickly become obvious - to viewers, at least - that Angus has eyes for Elly (Jodi Anasta) when they're introduced. He also doesn't waste much time before he's deliberately trying to cause problems for her relationship with Ned Willis - oh dear!

Elly remains on Angus's mind when it's later revealed that Sarah, who's recently been battling cancer, is planning to head off on a recuperative retreat.

The news means that Angus will be sticking around in Erinsborough for a while, as long as he agrees to go back to school for the term.

At first Angus isn't too keen on the idea, but when he realises that it could be his perfect chance to get closer to Elly, he quickly changes his mind.

How long will it take before Angus's feelings become obvious to Elly, and is he heading for a crushing disappointment?

We'll just have to wait and see, but the story looks set to rumble on for a while - and other characters will also become involved further on down the line too. Watch this space for more gossip!

Digital Spy

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-09-2016), Pantherboy (24-09-2016), Ruffed_lemur (24-09-2016)

I like Angus and if he causes problems for Elly all the better!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (29-09-2016)

Neighbours teen Angus Beaumont has only been back for five minutes, but his been thrown into a brand new storyline already.

We've already revealed that Angus (Jai Waetford) will develop a crush on his much-older teacher Elly Conway, but the new clip offers a first look at how it will all unfold.

Sarah's troublesome son Angus will make himself at home in today's episode (September 29), having arrived back in Ramsay Street after joining his friends on their Queensland trip.

But as Angus settles back into the Kennedy's family home, there could be trouble brewing as he takes a clear interest in Ben's cousin Elly.

Although the clip above sees Ben warning his friend to steer clear (Elly does have a "scary" boyfriend after all), it looks like Angus will be ignoring the wise advice as he soon starts to cause problems for her relationship with Ned Willis.

And with the story set to continue for a while yet, it looks like things could be about to get very complex. Oh dear..

Digital Spy

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-09-2016), Pantherboy (29-09-2016), tammyy2j (29-09-2016)

Thread Information