Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Angus (Jai Waetford)

Angus (Jai Waetford)

Angus, played by Jai Waetford, will make his first screen appearance in May 2016.

Waetford's casting was announced on 10 February, but his character's identity was initially kept secret.

He later revealed to Angus O'Loughlin of the Hit 30 radio show that his character was called Angus.

Of his casting, Waetford said "I am super excited to be joining the Neighboursteam. It's my first TV role and I am looking forward to spending time on set, learning new things and meeting new people."

Waetford had a guest contract with the show. Waetford's character was initially billed as the "rebellious" son of a controversial Erinsborough character."

The show's series producer Jason Herbison commented that Waetford would fun with his character, who pushes boundaries.

http://www.1047.com.au/shows/hit30/v...on-neighbours/
    Last edited by eni294; 12-04-2016 at 22:41.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Vikki (13-04-2016)

New rebel for Ramsay Street as Neighbours casts Aussie singer Jai Waetford

And his character has a connection to someone we know...

​Neighbours bosses have cast Aussie singer Jai Waetford to play a rebellious new character for Ramsay Street.The 17-year-old musician, who first rose to prominence at the age of 14 on*The X Factor Australia, will be playing the son of a controversial Erinsborough character.

But as for the newbie's name and the familiar face he's connected with? We'll just have to wait and see, as show bosses are keeping further details under wraps until closer to his on-screen debut.

Waetford commented: "I am super excited to be joining the Neighbours team. It's my first TV role and I am looking forward to spending time on set, learning new things and meeting new people."

Neighbours' executive producer Jason Herbison added: "We're delighted to have Jai on board and I think he is going to have a lot of fun with his character. He really does push the boundaries, and what teenager doesn't love doing that?

"Since finishing in third place on The X Factor in 2013, Waetford has signed with Sony Music Australia and released three EPs. He is currently promoting his latest single 'Living Not Dreaming'.

Waetford has landed a recurring guest contract with Neighbours and his first episodes will air in May. But if you want an early sneak peek at the newcomer before that, you can see him announcing his big news on YouTube below.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...-jai-waetford/
    Last edited by eni294; 13-04-2016 at 00:14.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Vikki (13-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by eni294 View Post
    New rebel for Ramsay Street as Neighbours casts Aussie singer Jai Waetford

And his character has a connection to someone we know...

​Neighbours bosses have cast Aussie singer Jai Waetford to play a rebellious new character for Ramsay Street.The 17-year-old musician, who first rose to prominence at the age of 14 on*The X Factor Australia, will be playing the son of a controversial Erinsborough character.

But as for the newbie's name and the familiar face he's connected with? We'll just have to wait and see, as show bosses are keeping further details under wraps until closer to his on-screen debut.

Waetford commented: \\"I am super excited to be joining the Neighbours team. It's my first TV role and I am looking forward to spending time on set, learning new things and meeting new people.\\"

Neighbours' executive producer Jason Herbison added: \\"We're delighted to have Jai on board and I think he is going to have a lot of fun with his character. He really does push the boundaries, and what teenager doesn't love doing that?

\\"Since finishing in third place on The X Factor in 2013, Waetford has signed with Sony Music Australia and released three EPs. He is currently promoting his latest single 'Living Not Dreaming'.

Waetford has landed a recurring guest contract with Neighbours and his first episodes will air in May. But if you want an early sneak peek at the newcomer before that, you can see him announcing his big news on YouTube below.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...-jai-waetford/

Sarah may be his connection? She's dying and wants Karl and Susan to take him in...for some reason?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LauBuch For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-04-2016), lellygurl (20-04-2016), lizann (19-04-2016), meagan82 (13-04-2016), Summer8 (13-04-2016), Vikki (13-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by LauBuch View Post
    Sarah may be his connection? She's dying and wants Karl and Susan to take him in...for some reason?
    you look to be correct

Quote Originally Posted by LauBuch View Post
    you look to be correct

Neighbours spoilers: Here comes trouble! First look as Sarah Beaumont's son Angus arrives

Singer Jae Waetford has been cast in the mischievous role.

Neighbours introduces its newest rebel next month as Sarah Beaumont's son Angus arrives on Ramsay Street.17-year-old X Factor Australia star Jai Waetford has been cast in the role of Angus, who'll come to stay with the Kennedys following the revelation that his mum is seriously ill.

As Sarah (Nicola Charles) has already given up on treatment, she has started to make plans for life after she has gone - including the seemingly-crazy idea that Karl and Susan could take on the responsibility of Angus.

Angus seems charming enough when Karl and Susan are introduced to him, but their grandson Ben (Felix Mallard) sees another side to the newcomer and realises that he is clearly troubled.

Although Ben tries his best to be welcoming, Angus crosses the line when he steals his new housemate's secret stash of cash, which belonged to Tom Quill before the Lassiters explosion.

Furious over Angus's antics, Ben makes it clear to Karl and Susan that he wants nothing more to do with the troublesome new arrival. Could the war between the two boys jeopardise Sarah's big plans?

Neighbours announced Waetford's casting two months ago, although his character's identity was still a secret at the time.Speaking in February, he commented: "I am super excited to be joining the Neighbours team. It's my first TV role and I am looking forward to spending time on set, learning new things and meeting new people."

Neighbours' executive producer Jason Herbison added: "We're delighted to have Jai on board and I think he is going to have a lot of fun with his character. He really does push the boundaries, and what teenager doesn't love doing that?"

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...angus-arrives/

​Neighbours fans will see Sarah Beaumont's son Angus become a new love interest for troublesome Xanthe Canning later this month.

Xanthe (Lilly Van der Meer) will initially find herself torn between Angus and Ben Kirk, but it doesn't take long before she gets excited at the idea of a bad boy in her life.

The new love triangle begins when Angus (Jai Waetford) moves in with the Kennedys and ends up clashing bitterly with Ben in a dispute over Tom Quill's stolen money.

Although the row has nothing to do with her, Angus covers up the truth by telling Susan Kennedy that they were both fighting over Xanthe.

Ben and Angus fight
    © Channel 5

Angus talks to Xanthe
    © Channel 5

Xanthe is delighted by the apparent attention as she's keen to get closer to Ben, but she's soon left humiliated when he reveals that Angus lied and the real source of the row was Angus stealing Tom's money.

Although Xanthe is equally annoyed with Angus and berates him for using her as a cover story, he manages to win her over with his easy charm.

Xanthe falls for Angus' charms
    © Channel 5

Xanthe falls for Angus' charms
    © Channel 5
    When Angus discovers how stressed Xanthe is about an upcoming English exam, he decides to help her out by setting off a fire alarm at school so that she can get out of it.

The stunt is enough to win Xanthe's approval, but is she asking for trouble by getting involved with Angus?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Thursday, May 12 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-05-2016), Pantherboy (02-05-2016)

I actually really like him as a character, I hope he stays on. They could do a lot with him. Think he works well with Xanthe and we need more younger characters I feel like the good old days where we had Ringo, Donna, Declan, Bridget, Zeke, Rachel etc (I could go on naming them lol!) so I hope he stays. L

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieb4 View Post
    I actually really like him as a character, I hope he stays on. They could do a lot with him. Think he works well with Xanthe and we need more younger characters I feel like the good old days where we had Ringo, Donna, Declan, Bridget, Zeke, Rachel etc (I could go on naming them lol!) so I hope he stays. L
    I quite like Angus too, despite the odd accent and fairly wooden acting. He does have good chemistry with Xanthe - who I really like.

I can't agree that the days of Ringo, Donna et all were the good old days though! I found a lot of them quite annoying and there was too much time spent on the teenagers back then.

The fake accent and the shirt buttoned up all the time is becoming borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring ! its taking the piss out of the real English accents out there

Thread Information