Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Neighbours Spoilers 4th - 8th April 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LauBuch View Post
    I'd be so annoyed if it was him, plainly because that's the most obvious choice and if they are going to have a whodunnit storyline running for months, I'd find it really quite boring that they'd go for the most obvious choice in the end.
    I wouldn't. Sometimes that's the most believable. Also Neighbours aren't like the other soaps at milking storylines, and crimes can take a while to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I know the article about Neighbours coming to an end was an April Fool's joke, but the subject does rear its ugly head from time to time.

The UK's Channel 5 basically keeps Neighbours afloat, and with the contract between Channel 5 and Neighbours up for renewal soon, there are some fans who are seriously nervous about the soap's future. Channel 5 pay an awful lot of money for Neighbours (I think I remember reading £30 million a year) and are likely to be looking for savings. However, the show is consistently one of their best ratings draws so they're not going to want to lose it.

Also, I know Neighbours is little watched in Australia, but (from what I've read on other sites) Australian channels (including the digital ones) have a quota of homegrown TV programming they have to produce. Given that, the money from Channel 5, and how well Neighbours sells overseas, it seems unlikely that it's going to finish any time soon.

Plus, the Neighbours team went ahead and spent millions recently on building the outdoor sets - which I don't think would have happened if they were worried about its future.
    I think it's got a few years left on it yet, I don't think it'll be around in 10 years time though however. I'd like to be proven wrong though!
    I can see it lasting another 5/6 years. Even if channel 5 renew their contract, they hit on a gem every now and then and eventually you will get people high up on the ladder wondering if it's financially worth it.
    If channel 5 don't renew the contract, I don't see any other free view channel picking it up and if gets picked up by a digital channel, a lot of the Neighbours audience are older folk who may not have digital TV and without the UK audience, they'd really struggle.

As much as I hate to say it, Neighbours simply hasn't had the talent to hold itself up in recent years. Don't get me wrong, I know soaps aren't exactly known for producing A-list stars, but whenever I catch an episode of Emmerdale (which isn't very often) the cast in that seem to have more talent in it, whereas Neighbours has sort of become known for relying on the sex appeal of characters than the talent of the actors. I know that might sound cruel, but it's not meant to be, but some of the most popular characters/actors are so wooden and just unbelievable.

Don't get me wrong, I love Neighbours and will tune in for however long it lasts, but they need to change more than their sets if they want to make their 40th anniversary.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LauBuch For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-04-2016), Mirjam (01-04-2016)

Wasn't that just an April fools?
    YesRegardless Neighbours numbers are dismal since going from channel 10 to 11

I think it's got a few years left on it yet, I don't think it'll be around in 10 years time though however. I'd like to be proven wrong though!
    I can see it lasting another 5/6 years. Even if channel 5 renew their contract, they hit on a gem every now and then and eventually you will get people high up on the ladder wondering if it's financially worth it.
    If channel 5 don't renew the contract, I don't see any other free view channel picking it up and if gets picked up by a digital channel, a lot of the Neighbours audience are older folk who may not have digital TV and without the UK audience, they'd really struggle.

As much as I hate to say it, Neighbours simply hasn't had the talent to hold itself up in recent years. Don't get me wrong, I know soaps aren't exactly known for producing A-list stars, but whenever I catch an episode of Emmerdale (which isn't very often) the cast in that seem to have more talent in it, whereas Neighbours has sort of become known for relying on the sex appeal of characters than the talent of the actors. I know that might sound cruel, but it's not meant to be, but some of the most popular characters/actors are so wooden and just unbelievable.

Don't get me wrong, I love Neighbours and will tune in for however long it lasts, but they need to change more than their sets if they want to make their 40th anniversary.
    I don't think there's much chance of Channel 5 not renewing its contract, although they're bound to want to negotiate the price they pay down. They last bought the rights in 2007 for 10 years, so hopefully they'll buy it for another decade.

I agree there's some terrible actors on Neighbours, especially the younger cast (although in my opinion the worst of those - Amber and Josh - have gone or are about to go). There's also some good young actors though. I think Matt Wilson is very good and Xanthe has promise given more experience.

Comparing it to UK soaps, I'd say Corrie has some of the worst actors in soap. I think Neighbours is in good shape on the whole and has really improved in the last few years. No, it's not perfect, but it's more often than not thoroughly enjoyable in my opinion.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Mirjam (01-04-2016), Piplup (04-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I don't think there's much chance of Channel 5 not renewing its contract, although they're bound to want to negotiate the price they pay down. They last bought the rights in 2007 for 10 years, so hopefully they'll buy it for another decade.

I agree there's some terrible actors on Neighbours, especially the younger cast (although in my opinion the worst of those - Amber and Josh - have gone or are about to go). There's also some good young actors though. I think Matt Wilson is very good and Xanthe has promise given more experience.

Comparing it to UK soaps, I'd say Corrie has some of the worst actors in soap. I think Neighbours is in good shape on the whole and has really improved in the last few years. No, it's not perfect, but it's more often than not thoroughly enjoyable in my opinion.
    Oh there's definitely some promising talent in that cast for sure! I don't know the last time I watched Corrie because it was just embarrassing

I think Neighbours has so much potential and sometimes it's not used and that's sort of frustrating. They tend to tackle quite interesting subjects and it always feels a little more genuine than some other soaps and I really hope it is around for another good while because it can be really good! My favourite character is Sheila, I think she is hilarious, as long as she sticks around, I'll be happy

It'll probably remain the only soap I watch along with being my guilty pleasure

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LauBuch For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-04-2016), Mirjam (01-04-2016)

Neighbours fans can expect heartbreaking scenes tonight (April 4) as the show's dramatic 10pm special sees a regular character killed off.

Channel 5 is giving the show a rare post-watershed slot for a specially-filmed hour-long episode, which focuses on an explosion disaster at Lassiters Hotel.

Lassiters will be a hive of activity today as various characters find themselves in the building, just in time for the shocking moment that the boiler room explodes. In the unmissable scenes that follow, this causes death and devastation which will change life in Erinsborough forever.

The storyline kicks off in Neighbours' regular 1.45pm and 5.30pm airings today, but viewers will have to tune back in at 10pm tonight to find out which character will be the first to die in the carnage.

Toadie is trapped in a hotel room underneath rubble
    © Channel 5

Tuesday's episode will feature a brief 3-minute recap from the 10pm airing but the tragic scenes won't be shown again in full, so Neighbours fans are being encouraged to watch the one-off special to get the full impact from the storyline.

As with the last 10pm special, which focused on an explosion at Sonya and Toadie's wedding, the hour-long airing has been specially edited for a post-watershed audience and will include chart music from artists such as Adele and One Direction playing over some key scenes.

The action then continues across the week, with more tragedy, turmoil and even the return of Karl Kennedy's old flame Sarah Beaumont to throw another spanner in the works.

Digital Spy

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (04-04-2016), Pantherboy (04-04-2016), Ruffed_lemur (04-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Neighbours fans can expect heartbreaking scenes tonight (April 4) as the show's dramatic 10pm special sees a regular character killed off.

Channel 5 is giving the show a rare post-watershed slot for a specially-filmed hour-long episode, which focuses on an explosion disaster at Lassiters Hotel.

Lassiters will be a hive of activity today as various characters find themselves in the building, just in time for the shocking moment that the boiler room explodes. In the unmissable scenes that follow, this causes death and devastation which will change life in Erinsborough forever.

The storyline kicks off in Neighbours' regular 1.45pm and 5.30pm airings today, but viewers will have to tune back in at 10pm tonight to find out which character will be the first to die in the carnage.

Toadie is trapped in a hotel room underneath rubble
    © Channel 5

Tuesday's episode will feature a brief 3-minute recap from the 10pm airing but the tragic scenes won't be shown again in full, so Neighbours fans are being encouraged to watch the one-off special to get the full impact from the storyline.

As with the last 10pm special, which focused on an explosion at Sonya and Toadie's wedding, the hour-long airing has been specially edited for a post-watershed audience and will include chart music from artists such as Adele and One Direction playing over some key scenes.

The action then continues across the week, with more tragedy, turmoil and even the return of Karl Kennedy's old flame Sarah Beaumont to throw another spanner in the works.

Digital Spy
    So if people are unable to watch or record this they will miss the scenes that include the first death? I thought it was a more gory version of the first death scene. I'm glad for a little clarification though

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LauBuch For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (04-04-2016)

Imogen goes to work with Naomi in LA , Josh dies , Imogen doesn't, Kyle leaves and goes with Georgia, I would say Susan is injured and pretty sure its Doug and Tom Quill that die

I was hoping this hour long episode was going to go straight into the explosion after the recap. I'm guessing this first half hour is just going to be the same as what was aired earlier, the only thing that's different so far is the music playing over scenes

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LauBuch For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-04-2016), Ruffed_lemur (05-04-2016)

I was hoping this hour long episode was going to go straight into the explosion after the recap. I'm guessing this first half hour is just going to be the same as what was aired earlier, the only thing that's different so far is the music playing over scenes
    Yes, it was very disappointing that the first half hour was just a repeat of the earlier episode. I wouldn't have minded if I'd been forewarned so I didn't have to sit through it again.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Topaz (05-04-2016)

Thread Information