Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ned Willis (Ben Hall)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Terese is better off without Brad and so is Lauren, no chemistry between any of them especially Lauren and Brad
    I thought there was tons of chemistry between Brad and Therese, prior to the affair. There's never been a chemistry between Brad + Lauren for me.
    But the chemistry between Ned + Lauren is through the roof from my POV! haha But it would be a bit weird if they got together...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LauBuch For This Useful Post:

Perdita (15-06-2016)

I think Ned's been really creepy towards Lauren and I'd hate to see them together after that. He needs to go away and learn some respect and how to keep his distance from women who aren't interested (which Lauren made very clear).

Otherwise I could see him turn into a stalker who threatens and bullies women who have the audacity to turn him down (and a flasher too after that eyeful he "accidentally" gave her!).
    Last edited by Dazzle; 15-06-2016 at 20:52.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Terese is better off without Brad and so is Lauren, no chemistry between any of them especially Lauren and Brad
    I couldn`t agree more Tammy. I thought it was just me who couldn`t see any chemistry between any of them. I thought it was because Terese seemed to be a bit of a cold fish who always wanted her own way. But now I can see that the chemistry was never there to begin with.
    Its not the actors fault. Either you have chemistry or you don`t. it can`t be forced. Terese and Paul seemed to have more chemistry that Terese and Brad. With both Terese and Paul together in the opening credits, I hope their relationship can be salvaged one day.
    It says something about Lauren why she doesn`t have any of her kids living with her apart from Paige. Brad is a terrible Father too.
    Just my opinion.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (15-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I think Ned's been really creepy towards Lauren and I'd hate to see them together after that. He needs to go away and learn some respect and how to keep his distance from women who aren't interested (which Lauren made very clear).

Otherwise I could see him turn into a stalker who threatens and bullies women who have the audacity to turn him down (and a flasher too after that eyeful he "accidentally" gave her!).
    He never came across as creepy to me personally, but it would be super weird if they got together. I hope he comes back, I quite like his character!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post

I expected Ned being Beth's son to be angry and bitter at both Lauren and Terese

I wish he was brought in sooner to see how he would mix with his siblings like Josh and Imogen

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-06-2016), lizann (24-06-2016), TaintedLove (16-06-2016)

Neighbours star Ben Hall has revealed that his character Ned Willis will be making his way back to Ramsay Street later this year, after posting some pictures from the soap set.
    Ned Willis left Ramsay Street in shame earlier this month after making a move on his dad's girlfriend Lauren Turner, but he looks set to make a comeback in the near future.
    News of Ned's departure shocked fans, who had assumed that Hall had joined the soap on a permanent basis, but it now appears that the story isn't over for Brad's son.
    Posting a picture of himself and co-star Matt Wilson - who plays Aaron Brennan - in matching outfits, Hall said: "Maybe Ned's taking fashion advice from Aaron? Not gonna lie - he probably needs it."
    Another snap shows him posing alongside Scott McGregor (Mark Brennan), Olympia Valance (Paige) and Jodi Anasta - who has been cast in the role as returning Elly Conway.

Digital Spy

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-06-2016), Pantherboy (23-06-2016), Ruffed_lemur (24-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Neighbours star Ben Hall has revealed that his character Ned Willis will be making his way back to Ramsay Street later this year, after posting some pictures from the soap set.
    Ned Willis left Ramsay Street in shame earlier this month after making a move on his dad's girlfriend Lauren Turner, but he looks set to make a comeback in the near future.
    News of Ned's departure shocked fans, who had assumed that Hall had joined the soap on a permanent basis, but it now appears that the story isn't over for Brad's son.
    Posting a picture of himself and co-star Matt Wilson - who plays Aaron Brennan - in matching outfits, Hall said: "Maybe Ned's taking fashion advice from Aaron? Not gonna lie - he probably needs it."
    Another snap shows him posing alongside Scott McGregor (Mark Brennan), Olympia Valance (Paige) and Jodi Anasta - who has been cast in the role as returning Elly Conway.

Digital Spy
    Great news!

Just when you thought the Willis clan were facing enough awkward family drama, along comes Ned for another juicy guest stint.

Having kissed his father Brad's partner Lauren the last time he was on Ramsay Street, it's clear that Ned has a lot of making up to do when he returns. But could a brand new relationship convince everyone that he really has moved on?

Digital Spy recently caught up with Ben Hall, who plays Ned, to hear all the gossip on his character's comeback.

What can we expect from Ned's return?

"As always, Ned brings a bit of strife with him. He's been off doing what I was doing - basically clearing his head, trying to find work and catching up with old friends.

"But like any young guy, Ned has also tried to get Lauren out of his head. When he gets back to the Street, he's running away from another problem because he's slept with someone and found out that she's married. He's a bit edgy about that!"

What kind of a response does Ned get when he's back on the Street?

"There's a bit of a mishap with his dad at first, because Brad thinks that Ned is still into Lauren. Brad is trying to work out if that's true or not. I think Ned has actually managed to get over Lauren, but they still have a very strong bond.

"It doesn't take long for Ned to get around, though! Further down the track, he has a bit of a thing with Elly. It's a very passionate, fiery, 'up and down' sort of relationship. So there's a bit of drama there as well."

Is it love or lust?

"I think it definitely starts as lust, but it has the potential to be love and that's what plays out over the next few months. It's a very unstable relationship, but it definitely has the potential to be love and quite long-lasting."

Is Ned genuinely sorry for what happened with Lauren?

"I think he genuinely is. Ned mistook Lauren's kindness for something else, so that was why he was pursuing her. He hadn't had that affection for a long time.

"It's so awkward for him coming back, but I think Ned genuinely is sorry. He now wants to prove that he's moved on and initially Elly's character may just be that opportunity for him. He's proving that he's over Lauren by going with someone else. But that develops into something more."

Brad and Lauren get engaged next week. How does Ned feel about that?

"It's definitely a shock. Ned is surprised, because of how fragile their relationship was when he left. I don't know if he thinks it's a particularly wise move to be getting engaged, as he thought that Lauren did have a bit of feeling there for him last time. He's never been 100% sure on what Brad's thinking either.

"But Ned wants to be happy for them and he wants them to be happy too. Ned is not malicious, so once he understands it, he's okay with it and wants it to work."

When you filmed your first Neighbours stint, did you always know you were coming back for more?

"It wasn't decided at that point, actually. It just came up and when I found out the opportunity was there to come back, I took it gladly. It's been a really fun period of shooting now that I know the ropes a little bit more."

Ned's arrival had a really great response from the fans, so is that part of the reason Neighbours brought him back?

"I hope so! I don't watch the ratings or anything like that, but I know that fans on social media really seemed to like Ned. They especially seemed to like the stuff with Brad - having someone there to finally lay into him for all the bad stuff that he's done!"

Is there any chance this could become a permanent role rather than just guest stints?

"I don't really know. Again the ball's in their court, but I would definitely be happy to consider staying longer-term on the show. I really enjoy working with FremantleMedia and the cast. Olympia [Valance, who plays Paige], Scotty [McGregor, who plays Mark] and all the other guys are really great fun to work with on set.

"It's funny, because the more that I'm there, the more I want to stay. At first I wasn't sure, because I had a few other job offers. But the more I'm there, the more I enjoy it. I would definitely consider longer but I don't know at the moment."

Who from the cast would you like to work with more?

"I'd love to work more with Alan Fletcher, who plays Karl. There's a couple of scenes coming up when Ned returns, because obviously Elly is related to the Kennedys and so he's around at their house a little bit. I'd love the chance to do some great, goofy character stuff with him.

"I'd also love to work more with Ryan Moloney, who plays Toadie. It'd be great to do more with all of the classic characters that I haven't had a chance to work with yet."

What's your acting background?

"I went to the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts for three years, which is quite well known for its Music Theatre course. So I studied Music Theatre there and after that my first stage show was Les Mes. I'd done a bit of TV stuff before that. I did a musical and a couple of other things - and now Neighbours.

"Before all of that, I was actually at an all-boys Catholic school. It was a sporting school, so it wasn't exactly that conducive to the arts, but we had an incredibly good drama teacher. She instilled me with the skills and inspired me to take it further."

Does Neighbours feel like the big break?

"Yeah, definitely. It's such a nice thing to have on the resume, but also to know that you've been part of a show which has such a history. It opens doors in the UK and it opens doors all over the place, which is really nice.

"It's great to know that it's not just the Australian audience who see your work. We'll see what happens. I've got a British passport so maybe I'll be able to come over there!"

We hear your dad is from Coventry – how many times have you been over to the UK?

"I've actually only been over twice. I came over with my dad when I was 10 to see my grandparents and family over there. I came over again two years ago and I travelled around. But I am actually planning another trip to come back next year to see family and see more of Europe, so hopefully I'll have to time to get into London and around the UK."

There's lots of other drama going on for the Willis family at the moment. Will Ned get involved in Piper, Paige and Tyler's love triangle?

"Oh, Ned knows not to get involved where his sisters are concerned! Those two would tear him apart!"

Digital Spy

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (05-08-2016), Ruffed_lemur (05-08-2016)

Ned with Elly? Well, at least Ned's unattached!

I think they could work. It will be good to see Ned not sniffing around Lauren anymore.

Thread Information