Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Ned Willis (Ben Hall)

DS article:

Neighbours confirms Ned Willis's exit details as Ben Hall bows out
    Another regular character leaves Ramsay Street.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...d-willis-exit/

Neighbours spoilers follow.

Neighbours has confirmed that Ned Willis's final scenes will air next week.

As Digital Spy exclusively revealed in March, Ben Hall has bowed out from the soap after reaching the end of his contract.

Ned's departure comes following the dramatic conclusion of his love triangle with Amy Greenwood and Harlow Robinson.

This week's episodes see Ned and Harlow's secret passion exposed to everyone during Amy's fashion show at Lassiters.

In the fallout next week, Ned continues to feel caught between Harlow and Amy.

He ends up making contact with Roxy Willis for some advice. Zima Anderson briefly reprises her role as Roxy for a cameo in this episode.

After listening to what Roxy has to say, Ned decides that it's too messy to make it work with either Harlow or Amy.

Ned realises that he needs a fresh start instead and announces plans to leave Erinsborough.

In Ned's final episode, he says goodbye to various friends and neighbours.

Ned is unaware that Amy is worried she could be pregnant, but when she does a test, it turns out to be negative.

In bittersweet scenes, Ned shares a heartfelt goodbye with Amy before leaving for his fresh start in Sydney.

Ben Hall has played the role of Ned on and off since 2016. He became a regular member of the cast in 2018.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, May 9 and Tuesday, May 10 at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK) and Wednesday, June 8 and Thursday, June 9 at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (02-05-2022), Ruffed_lemur (02-05-2022)

DS article:

Neighbours star Ben Hall on Ned Willis's exit, show axe and future plans
    "He leaves as a bit of a bad boy."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...xit-interview/

Neighbours waves goodbye to Ned Willis next week as he decides to leave Erinsborough for a fresh start in Sydney.

Ned bows out from Ramsay Street after being caught out for cheating on Amy Greenwood with Harlow Robinson, realising that he needs to make a clean break following his bad behaviour.

In real life, Ben Hall ? who plays Ned ? filmed his final scenes in March, just a few weeks after the news had come through that Neighbours itself would soon be ending after 37 years on air.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Ben for a chat about Ned's departure, his future plans and the big Neighbours finale.

How do the Ramsay Street residents react when Ned announces that he's leaving?

"Ned is definitely leaving under a bit of a cloud. I think this is one of Ned's worst moments. He's done some pretty foolish things in his time, but often there were negating circumstances.

"This time, Ned made that decision and he annoys a lot of people. Paul is disappointed and so is Terese, who's always looked out for him. Even Toadie's disgusted by his behaviour. So he's not particularly welcome on the Street after that."

Did you enjoy playing that, or did you want Ned to bow out on a better note?

"You know what? He came in as a bit of a bad boy, and he leaves as a bit of a bad boy. I didn't mind that ending, really. I thought it was quite fitting for Ned."

How did your departure from the show come about?

"That was just the end of my contract. For the show, once they knew that Channel 5 wasn't picking up the [Neighbours] contract, they needed to get some storylines sorted out.

"There was definitely a bunch of cast leaving in order to open up some new storylines, ways for people to come back and all that sort of stuff.

"I think it made sense for Ned to go at the time."

How did you feel when the news broke that the show was definitely ending? Was your reaction a bit different because you were leaving anyway?

"Yeah, I suppose I'd made peace with the fact I was leaving. It wasn't as devastating for me. But it was devastating in the sense that, it's always nice to think that that show is there and it's something to go back to.

"Neighbours is also such an important part of the Aussie industry for people who are coming up through the ranks. There's really only Home and Away left that you can have that sort of experience on, and I think that's a great shame.

"At the same time, it's going to be such an amazing ending, and what they've got planned is so great that it's going to really pay respect to all the cast and crew over the 37 years, which I think is a really nice way to end.

"It could have maybe stretched out for longer and then petered out in not a great way. Whereas this is going to be a big, final hurrah. They've got the budget. They've got the people coming back. They've got stuff happening for the end of the storylines. So I think it's going to be really great."

If the producers decide to bring Natalie Imbruglia back, they probably need you there as their excuse since you play Beth Brennan's son. Is there a chance we could see Ned pop back for the finale?

"Look, I would love to. If they asked me, and I'm available, then I would love to do a scene with Natalie Imbruglia. I'm open to that. It's up to the powers that be."

Some fans are finding it difficult to let go of Neighbours and believe that something might change at the eleventh hour. Do you think there's any hope for the show to come back in the future, or do we just need to accept that it's ending now?

"It's a really good question. I definitely think there's potential for the show to come back in perhaps a different format or perhaps in a different way.

"I don't think the show as we know it is coming back. I mean, you just never know. It's the kind of industry where suddenly someone jumps in and has the budget, and has the timeslot, and can do it. That would be amazing.

"But at this point in time, it's ending and we're going to celebrate 37 amazing years of the show and let it go for the time being."

What can you tell us about your future plans?

"I've started working on another project. I can't mention too much about it yet, but I'm working on something new, which is very different to Neighbours, and I'm excited about it. It's a good learning experience for me, definitely."

Are you hoping to stay Australia-based or travel elsewhere?

"I've got plans to come over to the UK later in the year ? work depending. But I'd love to come over, spend a few months and get some representation over there, and hopefully work over there at some time. It'd be lovely."

Home and Away has hired a lot of former Neighbours actors recently. Would you ever be interested in crossing over to Summer Bay?

"I'd never say no. I'm always open to opportunities. Show me the paperwork first! But, hey, why not? I know Harley Bonner has had a wonderful time on there, so I definitely wouldn't say an outright no. Although I'd feel a little bit like a traitor!"

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5 and streams on My5. In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach and streams on 10 Play.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (04-05-2022)

DS article:

Neighbours - has Ned Willis left for good?
    Ben Hall's exit scenes aired on Tuesday.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...d-willis-left/

Neighbours aired a bittersweet farewell for Ned Willis on Tuesday (May 10) as he bowed out from Erinsborough for a fresh start in Sydney.

Ned decided to leave Ramsay Street following his messy love triangle with Amy Greenwood and Harlow Robinson, realising that his cheating scandal had brought out the worst in everyone.

Although Ned was leaving under a cloud after his bad behaviour, there was a ray of hope when he received an unexpected text from his ex-girlfriend Yashvi Rebecchi, who suggested that they should reconnect once he was in Sydney.

Here's our quick guide to Ned's departure.

Has Ned Willis left Neighbours?

The sad news for Ned fans is that Ben Hall has now left Neighbours as a regular cast member.

Digital Spy exclusively revealed Ned's departure in March, when he filmed his exit scenes, and the show itself announced the news at the end of April.

In a recent chat with Digital Spy, Ben explained that it was the right time for Ned to leave, as the show is currently wrapping up storylines ahead of a nostalgia-filled finale for Neighbours in August.

Ben told us: "That was just the end of my contract. For the show, once they knew that Channel 5 wasn't picking up the [Neighbours] contract, they needed to get some storylines sorted out.

"There was definitely a bunch of cast leaving in order to open up some new storylines, ways for people to come back and all that sort of stuff.

"I think it made sense for Ned to go at the time."

Some fans have expressed dismay over Ned leaving in everyone's bad books, but Ben pointed out that it wasn't entirely out of character.

He said: "You know what? He came in as a bit of a bad boy, and he leaves as a bit of a bad boy. I didn't mind that ending, really. I thought it was quite fitting for Ned."

Will Ned Willis return to Neighbours?

While Ned is no longer a show regular and will be removed from the show's opening titles this week, Neighbours bosses recently announced that we'll see him again before the soap ends.

Ned was included in the list of 23 returnees announced by Channel 5 at the weekend.

Yashvi Rebecchi will also be returning, so we'll hopefully get some updates on whether they managed to work things out or not.

Neighbours' executive producer Jason Herbison recently said: "Whether the eighties, nineties, noughties or teens is your favourite decade, we will be delivering something for everyone as Neighbours draws to a close.

"Alongside the current cast we will be celebrating the most memorable characters from across many eras, with a few surprises up our sleeve."

Neighbours superfans are also still holding out hope for Ned to finally share a scene with his mum Beth Brennan, who was played by Natalie Imbruglia between 1992 and 1994.

Before Ned left, he mentioned that he wanted to spend some time with his mum.

Natalie has also said that she'd be open to returning to Neighbours, although she hasn't been announced to make a comeback so far.

Ben recently told Digital Spy: "I would love to do a scene with Natalie Imbruglia. I'm open to that. It's up to the powers that be."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5 and streams on My5. In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach and streams on 10 Play.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

joaardvark (12-05-2022), MellBee (11-05-2022), Ruffed_lemur (10-05-2022)

did ned cheat on amy, there were in an open relationship or on a break

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    He cheated on Amy with Harlow after levi broke up with Amy, Amy and Ned decided to be exclusive but Amy stared pulling away from Ned. Nee and Harlow have feeling for eachother and he cheated on Amy with her

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sufyaan For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-05-2022)

They weren?t together when he slept with Harlow, they were on a break. But him and Amy were together when the kissed at fashion week.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-05-2022), Ruffed_lemur (13-05-2022)

If Ned hadn't been leaving he should have been getting together with Harlow. He said they would talk after the fashion show, and he would finish with Amy. Seems wrong the way he left, but it was rushed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    They were on a break.

Thread Information