Thread: Ned Willis (Ben Hall)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdydog12 View Post
    Oh great. The bloke who loves his Dad's wife... #creep
    is terese next?

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours star Ben Hall reveals Ned Willis's new love interest
    "They have mutual pain, which they can connect on."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...s-bea-nilsson/

Neighbours star Ben Hall has revealed Ned Willis's next romance storyline in a new chat with Digital Spy.

Scenes airing early next month will see Ned come to Bea Nilsson's rescue one evening, when she freaks out over her fears that Finn Kelly could be watching her. When Ned walks Bea home, the pair strike up a surprising new connection and decide to make these after-dark meetings a regular arrangement.

Here, Ben chats about his recent return to the Neighbours cast and what's ahead for Ned – including his answers to questions that Digital Spy readers sent in via Twitter.

How does it feel to be back as a full-time regular?

"It's great and I'm really enjoying it. It's nice, and very rare in the film and TV industry, to come back to something that you're so familiar with and people who you love to work with.

"After I'd finished up on the show last time, I figured that was it for Ned. But I had a call asking me if I was interested in coming back and I started filming again about eight weeks later. I'd just finished up a play that I was doing, so I was available and said I'd love to come back… and here we are!"

We've heard there could be a relationship brewing between Ned and Bea. Can you tell us how it starts?

"We know that Ned is very protective. He's very protective of his sister Piper, and he sees a bit of Piper in Bea. Bea has gone through a lot with the Finn situation and she needs someone to keep an eye on her, so Ned offers to walk her home one evening and they connect on a really platonic level at first.

"Both characters have a rough past. Ned had a tough time in Darwin for a bit after he fell out with his grandparents. Bea had a similar thing where she fell out with her mum and was living on the streets, so I suppose they have that mutual pain and history, which they can connect on.

"Ned and Bea continue taking these night-time walks together. They keep catching up and it keeps developing from there, but it's early days."

All the best partnerships on Neighbours end up with a devoted army of shippers behind them. Would you like it to be the same with Ned and Bea?

"Oh definitely. It's tough, coming off the back of Typer – there's a lot of love for those two out there, but I hope so. I hope that they ship us as much as they did Typer!"

Is there scope for Ned's feelings for Lauren to be revisited again – perhaps with Lauren or Brad coming back?

"Last time I was working on the show, I was really lucky to have the whole family there, working with Kip Gamblin (Brad), Kate Kendall (Lauren) and the others. I really enjoyed that and I think there's definitely potential for them to come back.

"Kate's still in the building as she's directing on the show, so it's definitely possible for her to come back and do more guest appearances, and the same with Kip. I'd love to see some more of that. Lauren and Brad are not far away, they're just up on the Gold Coast, so they can easily fly back down."

Would you like Ned's mum Beth Brennan to come back at some point? Obviously she was played by Natalie Imbruglia in the '90s...

"It'd be fantastic if they could get Natalie Imbruglia back, but I think it'd also be amazing even if they recast the role and bring Beth in with a new actress playing the role.

"That'd be incredible, because there's a lot of history there. There's a lot of things that have been talked about but have never really made it on screen, so there'd be plenty of storylines if Beth did come back."

Was Ned and Aaron's shirtless photoshoot fun to film?

"Yeah we did enjoy it! It was actually very funny to film. It was kind of out of character for Ned to be like: 'Yep, sure, I'll do a semi-nude photoshoot!' But we had a great laugh. I really like working with Matt Wilson, as we're great friends off screen as well.

"It was funny as we had to try to shoot the scene really quickly. It was starting to rain, even though it was supposed to be this sexy summer photoshoot. We were like: 'Quick, quick, quick!' We had one take so we were just going for it. It was fun but very fast."

Does it take long to apply Ned's tattoos each day?

"Not really. They're not airbrushed on, they're like transfers that you have in those little chewing gums, where you wet them and put them on your arm. Although they're better quality and a lot more detailed! It probably takes about 15-20 minutes to get all the tats on, so it's not as long as people think."

Would you like Neighbours to explore Ned's gang past again?

"Yeah, definitely. I would love for that to happen. I really enjoyed the storyline last time where the bikie guys were coming back and chasing Ned down.

"I think there's definitely potential for Ned to run into them again and have some issues. When you have a past like that, it never stops creeping up on you – so Ned's gang history could definitely come back to haunt him."

What do you think of the door being closed on Ned and Elly's relationship?

"It was quite quick, but I think because Ned was besotted with Lauren when he first came back, Elly wasn't really on his mind. I would have liked a few more scenes of him dealing with that, but there's always potential for there to be rekindled flames further down the track, so you never know."

What's the atmosphere like on set after all the recent changes?

"It feels like we've had a great revamp recently. We've had some incredible people coming through – some of who I can't mention yet. But it's going to be very exciting.

"There are some incredible actors coming into the show and some incredible storylines, so it's an exciting time. There are some really modern, interesting, political, topical storylines and I think that's a great direction for the show to go in."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Aussieguy (30-07-2018), lizann (30-07-2018), MellBee (28-07-2018), Ruffed_lemur (28-07-2018)

i guessed correct so with bea even though chloe and him were sorta teased

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (30-07-2018), Pantherboy (31-07-2018)

Digitalspy artice:

Neighbours' Ned Willis gets a new admirer after Yashvi Rebecchi saves his life
    Can Yashvi keep her crush under wraps?

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...ebecchi-crush/

Neighbours teen Yashvi Rebecchi will develop an inappropriate crush on Ned Willis in a new storyline.

Yashvi (Olivia Junkeer) realises she has feelings for Ned after she helps to save his life in dramatic scenes later this week.

Viewers have recently seen Ned (Ben Hall) exhaust himself by going on night walks with his new love interest Bea Nilsson.

When Ned heads for a relaxing time in the sauna this Thursday (September 6), his lack of sleep finally catches up with him as he dozes off inside.

As the minutes tick by and the heat takes hold, Ned passes out and it's looking serious until Yashvi finds him and calls an ambulance.

The aftermath of the scary incident sees Ned start spending some time with Yashvi as a thank-you, unaware that she's getting a little too attached to him after the dramatic sauna situation.

Ned helps Yashvi practice her football skills, which includes a training session in the pool at home.

Everything seems to be going well, until Yashvi's younger sister Kirsha discovers that she's developing feelings for the much older guy.

When Yashvi's uncle Toadie helps her to cover her feelings in front of Ned, she's hugely grateful for his support – promising that she'll get over her silly crush soon. But will that be easier said than done?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Friday, September 14 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (03-09-2018), Ruffed_lemur (04-09-2018)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours' Ned Willis and Bea Nilsson finally kiss – but there's heartbreak in store
    Will they miss their chance to become a couple?

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...-nilsson-kiss/

Neighbours' Ned Willis finally acts on his feelings for Bea Nilsson next week by arranging this romantic gesture.

Ned (Ben Hall) and Bea (Bonnie Anderson) have been growing closer ever since they started to take late-night walks together a few weeks ago, but they've always insisted that they're just friends.

Next week, the pair are finally honest about how they feel after Yashvi Rebecchi inadvertently pushes them into it.

With Yashvi harbouring an inappropriate crush on Ned, she makes a sneaky move next week by telling all of his graffiti tour clients that the event is cancelled.

This leaves Yashvi as the only participant, so when they spend time alone together in the city, she tries her best to flirt with Ned.

An embarrassed Ned is forced to let Yashvi down gently, but she still misinterprets his words and assumes that he wants to be with her once she's finished Year 12.

Back home, Yashvi reports back to Bea about her supposed "success" with Ned, which leads to Bea confronting Ned for an explanation.

Desperate to show that he has no interest in Yashvi whatsoever, romantic Ned takes Bea off for a walk into the Botanical Gardens and shows her a night-time light display that he's set up as a surprise.

Ned confesses that the girl he's really been waiting for is Bea and they quickly get swept up in the romantic moment, sharing a kiss.

The next morning, however, Bea is already having doubts and admits to Ned that she needs more time to sort out her Finn-related issues before she starts seeing someone else. How will Ned deal with the heartbreaking rejection?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, October 1 and Tuesday, October 2 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Radiotimes.com article on this story:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018...-finns-return/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 24-09-2018 at 01:37.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (24-09-2018)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours' Ned Willis exposes damning Paul Robinson evidence in fire fallout
    Will he regret his decision to meddle?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...nson-evidence/

Neighbours' Ned Willis lands Paul Robinson in big trouble next week, as the fallout from Mel Lohan's bad behaviour continues.

Ned (Ben Hall) decides that it's time to step up to support his girlfriend Bea Nilsson, who nearly died when Mel started a fire at the garage recently.

Feeling protective, Ned is frustrated that Bea (Bonnie Anderson) never seems to get closure when people wrong her. Not only has Mel managed to escape a jail sentence, it's also looking like Finn Kelly could escape justice when he wakes from his coma and claims to have retrograde amnesia.

As Ned considers his next move, he takes a look through some files that he kept when cleaning up Mel's office.

Ned is surprised to come across a bank statement which seems to indicate that Paul (Stefan Dennis) could have secretly funded Mel's dodgy activities, including the fire at the garage.

When confronted, Paul firmly denies having any involvement in the fire, so Bea advises Ned that it's best to leave it.

Ignoring this advice, Ned makes a fateful decision by sending the evidence to someone who Paul will be forced to listen to.

Ned's decision risks the reputation of Paul and Amy's new housing development, but just how serious will the consequences be?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Friday, March 15 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (04-03-2019)

Maybe Paul will hire a hitman to have him and his meddling ways knocked off. Both Ned & Bea annoy the absolute daylights out of me. I liked Ned when he was a bit rough around the edges. Now he's just Bea's little puppy dog..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Moniqorange For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (05-03-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours confirms new romance story for Ned Willis and Yashvi Rebecchi
    Do they make a good couple?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...romance-story/

Neighbours' Ned Willis finally gives into temptation with Yashvi Rebecchi next week.

Ned (Ben Hall) turns to Yashvi for a distraction as he tries to move on from Bea Nilsson following their recent break-up.

Next week's episodes see Ned witness Bea's growing closeness to Finn Kelly when they all find themselves at the community centre together.

Ned is carrying out community service as punishment for his role in the recent poisoning drama, while Finn is leading some adult education classes to support The Sonya Rebecchi Foundation.

Bea turns up to support Finn through his first-day nerves, leaving Ned unsettled when he spots how cosy they seem.

Finding their display of closeness irritating, Ned is put in a bad mood – until Yashvi (Olivia Junkeer) comes to him for help with an assignment. Ned is pleased to find that helping Yashvi is a welcome distraction from his unresolved feelings for Bea.

The following day, Ned turns to Leo Tanaka for some advice on how to move on from a relationship.

Leo suggests that Ned should consider Yashvi as a possible romantic match, suggesting that he could start seeing her differently if he stops being so preoccupied by Bea.

Deciding to put some distance between himself and Bea for a while, Ned goes to Yashvi and admits that he's starting to reciprocate her feelings for him. As they share a kiss, where will this lead?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Thursday, June 27 and Friday, June 28 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (17-06-2019)

As they share a kiss, where will this lead?

...hopefully nowhere.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Danners9 For This Useful Post:

Sufyaan (17-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Danners9 View Post
    As they share a kiss, where will this lead?

...hopefully nowhere.
    he is using her

Thread Information