Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemma Winter (Dolly-Rose Campbell)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Well he seems a bit livelier in Gemma's company (she's made him laugh several times and he seemed to genuinely enjoy her company), which is why I thought they might make a good couple. Sinead could then be paired up with someone more suited to her.
    Gary and Sinead perhaps?

I do like Gemma now

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Gary and Sinead perhaps?
    Gary's who came into my mind too. I'm not sure how compatible he and Sinead would be, but he's single and about the right age.

I was hoping her international career as a model would lead her to leave. Even when she had a major storyline she was boring

5. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-03-2016)

Coronation Street​ newcomer Dolly-Rose Campbell has praised the soap for its portrayal of working class characters.

The actress initially joined the soap for a six episode stint in 2014 as an associate of drug dealer Callum Logan, but became such a fan favourite that she returned full time.

She says the soap has been great for perceptions of working class people (via ​Daily Mail​).

Gemma is disappointed
    © ITV
    "Corrie's about real life, and it's important to show all aspects of real life, unlike a lot of the documentary-style programmes like Benefits Street that show working-class people in a terrible light," she said.

"You don't often see people like Gemma in a positive light, so what Corrie does is important.

"While there are working-class actors doing good things and the situation is improving, the industry has a long way to go until actors who are from the kind of place I'm from are at the same level as actors who are well-connected."

Gemma is about to embark in a major storyline involving Jason Grimshaw. Apparently she'll have her feelings hurt after they sleep together and he spurns her.

Digital Spy

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-04-2016), swmc66 (30-04-2016)

Coronation Street star Dolly-Rose Campbell has spoken to Digital Spy about the shock discovery of Callum Logan's body, revealing that her character Gemma Winter will turn against two main suspects in the case.

Callum's corpse will be found at the Platt house in unmissable scenes this week, leaving Gemma devastated as she was so close to him before he died.

Speaking to Digital Spy about the dark storyline twist, Campbell explained: "Up until this point, Gemma thinks that Callum is still alive and probably hiding out in Spain. In her head, that's where Callum will be.

"So to find out that Callum is actually dead is a massive shock to her. Gemma is not expecting it at all and she's very upset to hear it. She was really quite fond of Callum - I think she was secretly in love with him.

"It was unrequited love, but Gemma never told him how she felt. Maybe now she wonders what would have happened if she had. But we all know that he probably wouldn't have been interested!"

David checks the annexe
    © ITV
    She continued: "Afterwards, Gemma suspects that David is to blame for Callum's death. They find the body in his house, so it would stand to reason that David would be to blame for it.

"But then over time Jason gets arrested for it too. Gemma is really hurt when she suspects it is Jason. She's also upset as Kylie doesn't really support her when she finds out that Callum is dead.

"I'm very, very much excited to play a part in it all - it's been a really good storyline. So many people have got theories that they tell me about. Some people are even convinced that Callum is still alive and that he's going to come back!

"Women in Aldi are always telling me he's going to come back. And my aunty is always saying: 'He's still alive, isn't he?'"

Gemma was first introduced to Coronation Street in October 2014 and was originally only ever intended to be a guest character. Despite the death of Callum, show bosses have now promoted Gemma to a series regular - so there's sure to be plenty more drama for her in the months ahead.

"I'm chuffed - I never imagined this would happen," Campbell told us. "When I first got the role, I was only in Corrie for six episodes. So to stay for longer has been great. They kept bringing me back and now I'm here until further notice.

"I first got the part because there was a casting director at Corrie called Janet Hampson, who had seen me in a play a few years ago. When this role came up, she got me in to audition for it. Beforehand I'd done mainly theatre and radio, but I hadn't done a lot of TV.

"Since joining Corrie, I've been really happy with everything and all of the reactions that I've had from the fans. People have been quite positive and they seem to enjoy the character. Everyone who works on the show has been really lovely too. I feel very looked after."

Asked what she wants to happen next to Gemma, Campbell laughed: "I'd love to do a scene with Beverley Callard to see what would happen when Gemma meets Liz. That's my dream. There's also been bits mentioned about Gemma's family along the way. Her mum's in prison, so maybe she could get released at some point. I wonder who would play her mum?

"But I am happy to go wherever the writers want to take it, really. Everything I'm getting is so great, so I wouldn't be able to think of anything better for her. They can come up with the ideas and I'll just learn it and perform it!"

Coronation Street airs at 9pm this week on ITV.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-05-2016)

She would be better for chesney. Please can kate oates get rid of sinead i cannot bear her helium voice andthey gave her so many scenes today

11. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-05-2016)

Gemma admits to Alex that she’s secretly sleeping in the kebab shop as she daren’t return to the estate as she fears for her life.
    But when Chesney stumbles across some of her things is the gig up?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-10-2016), swmc66 (24-10-2016)

I wonder who will take her in. Probably beth and craig

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    has chesney got the room?

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    has chesney got the room?

Thread Information