Emmerdale's new producer Iain MacLeod has hinted that he may introduce a new member of the White family.

Viewers have got to know Lawrence, his daughter Chrissie and grandson Lachlan since their introduction in autumn 2014... but Lawrence's other daughter Rebecca has been nowhere to be seen.

Rebecca has been mentioned on our screens - mostly when missing crucial family occasions - but she's clearly on the mind of the ITV soap's new boss.

Discussing new characters, MacLeod told All About Soap: "There's something very interesting about Chrissie's sister Rebecca. She's out there somewhere!"

Intriguing! And with Chrissie starting to have doubts about her true paternity next week, there's no better time for the family's past to be explored further.

MacLeod has previously announced plans to bring in another member of the Dingle family in the near future, so it won't just be the White family expanding.

Speaking at an Emmerdale press event at the beginning of the month, he laughed: "There's a new Dingle coming in as well. I made some notes before I came in today and the phrase 'gin-fuelled whirlwind' appeared on my pad at one point.

"She's - it's a she, as I've just given away - is a big chaotic mess. The character may or may not be called Faith. We haven't got anywhere near a casting yet. So that's going to be sometime later this year."

She will be introduced