Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madison Robinson (Sarah Ellen)

Exclamation Madison Robinson (Sarah Ellen)

KYLIE Minogue has sent a sweet welcome message to the young Sydney actor and online sensation set to play her television daughter in Ten’s resurgent soap, Neighbours.

Sarah Ellen, an 18-year-old blogging star with a social media following of more than three million fans, will make her small screen debut in April playing stylish teen Madison, the progeny of Australia’s most iconic TV couple, Scott and Charlene Robinson.

The Campbelltown Performing Arts High School graduate filmed her guest role earlier this month, but producers have already hinted the character could find a more permanent place on Ramsay Street.

Neighbours new recruit Sarah Ellen will appear as Scott and Charlene Robinson's daughter Madison.
    She arrives in Erinsborough on a mission to check up on her troubled brother Daniel (played by Tim Phillipps), on behalf of her concerned parents, who raised their family in Queensland.

Writing to NewsCorp Australia from her home in London, “proud mum” Minogue congratulated Ellen for scoring her big break on the same show which launched her own international career.

Channelling her grease monkey character, Minogue wrote: “Congratulations on your first acting job Sarah and welcome to the neighbourhood! A lot has changed since I was in Neighbours, but I have no doubt the family spirit of the cast and crew remains the same. Have a great time. Oh, and Charlene says, ‘Don’t forget to let me know you arrived safely.”

Herald Sun
    Last edited by Perdita; 20-02-2016 at 16:58.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

binky321 (20-02-2016), Dazzle (20-02-2016), lizann (22-02-2016), Pantherboy (20-02-2016), Ruffed_lemur (20-02-2016), Summer8 (21-02-2016), tammyy2j (20-02-2016), Vikki (20-02-2016)

It is a shame that Scott or Charlene never visit their kids or Paul but she does look like Kylie so good casting in likeness

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (22-02-2016), Summer8 (21-02-2016), TaintedLove (22-02-2016)

keep her away from doppy josh

Neighbours: debut of Charlene's daughter Madison to mirror Kylie's original entrance

Actress Sarah Ellen reveals all about her Erinsborough arrival

Neighbours fans will find history repeating itself next week when Madison Robinson (Sarah Ellen) makes her debut in the exact same way as screen mum Charlene (Kylie Minogue) did back in 1986.

A scene to be broadcast on Channel 5 on Friday 22nd April will see Madison caught breaking in to No 24 Ramsay Street and punching her brother Daniel in the mouth - a confrontation that has very definite echoes of the way that Charlene her greeted future husband Scott.

Speaking about her arrival on the Australian soap, actress Sarah Ellen told RadioTimes.com: "Madison's first scene is a bit heated. We had a stunt man on set because it's quite an entrance. And yes, I can say that it's quite similar to how Kylie arrived.

"Madison (Sarah Ellen) arrives with a bang next week. On the topic of following in Kylie's footsteps, Ellen added: "Kylie is on another level to anyone else in Australia. She's a superstar and her level of success is a dream for me. I feel incredibly privileged and lucky to be playing her daughter.

"News of Sarah Ellen's casting broke in February with a photo of her standing with pop sensation Kylie going viral. Offering her congratulations, the singer said:"Congratulations on your first acting job Sarah, and welcome to the neighbourhood!"

A lot has changed since I was in Neighbours, but I have no doubt the family spirit of the cast and crew remains the same. Have a great time. Oh, and*Charlene says, 'Don't forget to let me know you arrived safely.​'

"Revealing how the photo opportunity came about, Ellen said to RT: "I met Kylie a few months ago – before she knew I was going to play her on-screen daughter. It was taken at the ARIAs – the Australian Music Awards. On the red carpet, there was a lot of hustle and bustle and I just went up to Kylie, told her I was a big fan of her work and got a quick selfie. She was extremely nice."And when everything was announced, I guess she remembered me and reached out on social media to offer her congratulations. She didn’t need to do any of that. But she did and she’s been so supportive."

You can watch Kylie Minogue's original debut as Charlene below.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...ginal-entrance
    Last edited by eni294; 14-04-2016 at 20:25.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-04-2016), tuckec01 (22-04-2016)

Neighbours offers another welcome dose of nostalgia next week as another of Scott and Charlene Robinson's close family members turns up in Erinsborough.

Aussie actress and popular blogger Sarah Ellen has taken on the role of Scott and Charlene's daughter Madison Robinson, who arrives on Ramsay Street to catch up with her brother Daniel (Tim Phillipps) and uncle Paul (Stefan Dennis).

Is Madison anything like her mum? And could she be sticking around? Digital Spy recently caught up with social media queen Sarah to hear all the gossip.

How do you feel about landing such a big role on Neighbours?

"It's such an extremely exciting feeling. It's my first significant TV role, so I couldn't be more ecstatic that it's on such a classic TV show that everyone watched growing up."

Was there a long audition process involved?

"It wasn't too long. I get a lot of opportunities coming my way because of what I do online on social media, but what was quite refreshing about Neighbours was that this was just a normal audition process that came through my agency and other people auditioned for the role too.

"They flew me over to meet the producers in Melbourne and I auditioned in front of them. So it did come through acting rather than what I do online. I've actually been studying acting for the past 18 months."

When you were auditioning, did you always know that you were potentially playing Scott and Charlene's daughter?

"It was definitely something that they sprung on me later on! But it made it even more exciting, because Scott and Charlene were such an iconic couple on the show. They're Neighbours royalty."

Knowing how fondly they're remembered, does it put more pressure on too?

"I would have felt the pressure either way, because I knew that I'd be announcing it to my followers and they'd all be watching it. I think people will be paying closer attention knowing that I am the daughter of Scott and Charlene, so it is a bit of extra pressure but I think the excitement has overtaken that."

What can the viewers expect from Madison?

"Madison is a sweet 17-year-old girl who's studying journalism. She's extremely good-hearted, caring and very stylish - but also very feisty and adventurous like her mum.

"Madison is in town on a mission from her parents to find out something about her brother Daniel, as he's about to make a life-changing decision. So she comes to hang out with him, support him and make sure he's making the right decision that will make him happy.

"Madison is also going there to reconnect with her uncle Paul as he's going through a bit of stress at the time. Which is not surprising with everything going on for him at the moment!"

Does Daniel feel that Madison is interfering too much in his life?

"Not at all. They have such a great bond because they're such a tight-knit family. She doesn't come in to interfere - she's trying to make sure that he's happy.

"Tim was such a great guy to work with. I don't think anybody has made me laugh so much in my life. Just before the crew would call action, Tim would pull a funny face or tell a funny joke to make me laugh. So a lot of the time I was holding in laughter in our scenes together. We clicked straight away and we even had our own handshake which is quite funny!"

How long are you in the show for?

"I can't give that away yet, but on Madison's exit, she gives a massive hint that she might be back..."

Would you be interested in joining permanently?

"It's definitely something that we've considered, but we'll just have to see how we go. It's definitely a possibility."

Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan have both supported you publicly, which must have come as a nice surprise!

"It's been so overwhelming. Kylie has been so supportive through the whole thing. When my role was announced, she sent me a message saying 'welcome to the neighbourhood'. I'd actually met Kylie at an awards ceremony a few months earlier before it was all revealed, so I had to keep it on the down-low. It was torture having Kylie in front of me and not being able to tell her I was playing her daughter!

"I got to meet Jason on The One Show when they asked me to surprise him on there. That was hilarious - I don't think I'll ever forget the look on his face! But we had a great chat afterwards. I wished him luck on his new tour and he wished me luck on Neighbours and everything else going on."

Lots of young people try and fail to build up a social media following, but you have over 3 million followers on your various platforms. What's your secret?

"If you want to take social media seriously, you have to treat it like it's your own little business. It takes a lot of time, passion and work. Being consistent is really important, so posting maybe once or twice a day and engaging with your followers. You also have to just be unique and be yourself. Have a message and find your point of difference."

Is there a negative side to putting yourself out there on social media?

"I never feel negative about what I do. It's inevitable that you'll get people who post negative things on your photos. But that's something I've dealt with since the beginning, when I was 13 and first started uploading things. There's definitely cyberbullies that you have and that can obviously be negative, but it's also given me tough skin and that's not something that I take for granted."

Digital Spy

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-04-2016), tuckec01 (22-04-2016)

you can read my interview with Sarah Ellen here

http://www.tvrage.com/news/12177/exc...-on-neighbours

you can read my interview with Sarah Ellen here

http://www.tvrage.com/news/12177/exc...-on-neighbours

Newest Neighbours starlet raises eyebrows. Watch below

http://www.watoday.com.au/video/vide...422-4dw0w.html

Sarah Ellen To Play Scott And Charlene’s Daughter In Neighbours

It’s been 30 years since Ramsay Street’s most iconic couple, Scott and Charlene stumbled into each other’s lives, and on Friday their legacy will continue when their daughter, Madison, arrives in Erinsborough.

The youngest child of Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan’s on-screen couple, Madison Robinson will be played by actress and social media star Sarah Ellen. Ellen, 18, explains her research for the role involved many hours on youtube watching Scott and Charlene marathons, since she wasn’t born when her on-screen parents made telly history with their tulle-filled 80s wedding.

“I loved going back and watching the episodes, especially the wedding. They are so cute together. I can see how Australia fell in love with them,” Sarah Ellen told The Huffington Post Australia.

Scott and Charlene’s 1987 wedding

Having met (and taken a selfie) with Minogue on the red carpet at the ARIAs earlier this month, Ellen explains she had to keep her role a secret as it hadn’t been announced yet. “I knew, but Kylie didn’t know and neither did anyone else. But when it was finally announced I uploaded our selfie to Instagram and Kylie commented on it — she said, ‘text me when you get to Ramsay Street — I hope you arrive safely.’ She’s been really lovely and supportive,” Ellen said.

While she couldn’t reveal too much about her character, we know that her arrival on Ramsay Street is to check on her brother, to make sure he’s making the right decision about his imminent wedding. “She’s a very loving character but at the same time she’s extremely cheeky and little feisty like Charlene,” Ellen said.

Like her mother, Madison also has a penchant for cars. But as far as her career goes it looks as though she’s following in her father’s journalistic footsteps. While doing press for Neighbours in the UK, Ellen also got to meet Donovan. “He was being interviewing on BBC’s ‘The One Show’ and I surprised him. I came on the set and said, ‘hey dad, how ya goin’?’

He had no idea, it was really hilarious. I feel very lucky that I got to meet both Kylie and Jason,” Ellen said. Ellen, who became an internet sensation at 14 after uploading a video to youtube of her “dancing eyebrows” has been gradually building an empire of her own with modelling work and collaborations with the likes of YSL, Topshop and Maybelline.

But it’s acting that she finds most fascinating. “I’ve always been really interested in acting and in the past few years I’ve been studying it more seriously. What’s really refreshing about this role is that it didn’t come through social media. I got to go through the audition process like any other actor,” Ellen said.

So how does an 18-year-old Aussie girl watch her television debut as the daughter of the country’s most loved on-screen couple? “My friends and I are getting together to watch it — I’m a little scared! I’m going to be hiding behind a pillow,” Ellen said.

http://m.huffpost.com/au/entry/97544...-entertainment

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (24-04-2016), Summer8 (23-04-2016)

Sarah Ellen exclusive interview - Playing Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan's Neighbours daughter

We speak to Sarah Ellen, Neighbours newbie, about joining the cast of the soap in the role of Madison Robinson, the daughter of Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan characters Charlene and Scott."

How does it feel to be joining the cast of Neighbours in the role of Madison Robinson?

I feel extremely lucky. Neighbours is such an iconic TV show and I'm excited to make my small screen debut playing Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan's daughter.

Can you tell us a little bit about the audition process you went through for Neighbours?

It's quite refreshing to think about for me. A lot of opportunities and jobs I get, come through my social media platforms and website perksofher.com; but this role came through my agency, with other actresses auditioning for the part.

Is there a pressure going into the show because the role is known as 'Kylie and Jason's daughter'?

I feel a little bit of pressure because I think Scott and Charlene's fans will keep their eye out for Madison. It's also my first role on the small screen so I'm a little nervous!

What can you tell us about Madison and what we should expect from her?

Madison is an extremely sweet and loveable character. Her parents send her to Ramsay St to look after her brother Daniel and reconnect with her uncle Paul. I can't wait for you to see Madison's entrance! It gets quite heated - let's just say there is a stunt man on set!

How alike is she to her on-screen mother Charlene?

Madison is a very loveable character, although she can be quite feisty and adventurous just like her mum.

The soap's teased there will instantly be 'family turmoil' - can you give us any teasers about that?

Oh Madison gets caught up in family turmoil that's for sure. I'm not sure if I can tease anything - you'll have to wait and see when she hits the screens!

Can you tell us a little bit more about your website Perks Of Her and how you came up with the idea for the site?

I really wanted to create my own platform that was a little more intimate than Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Somewhere where I could share with my followers my creative directing work and collaborations. It's also about finding the perks in life, in every situation.

Finally what aims or goals do you have for your career moving forward?

I really love what I'm doing now with Perks Of Her, although this year I really want to focus on my acting career and hopefully take it to the big screens!

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/neig...en-930943.html
    Last edited by eni294; 24-04-2016 at 17:36.

Thread Information