Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale Spoilers Autumn 2016

Emmerdale Spoilers Autumn 2016

Emmerdale's new producer Iain MacLeod has told fans they can expect a "special week of episodes" this Autumn.

The soap will air a thriller-style storyline as part of the 'unique' series of episodes later this year, according to STV.

"We've got some quite exciting plans for the autumn in terms of doing something a little bit different...

He added: "...a special week of episodes that will be kind of spectacular, but in a way I don't think we've seen in a soap before. I can't say much more than that."

MacLeod went on to say: "We've seen a lot of disaster movies; what I've got in mind is more akin to a thriller or an action movie.

"We have seen a lot of incredible stunts. I think this time my intention will be to approach it from a slightly different angle no less spectacular."

Meanwhile, MacLeod recently announced that Ashley and Laurel are planning to recommit themselves to one another by remarrying.

Emmerdale airs on ITV.

Digital Spy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (10-02-2016), maidmarian (10-02-2016)

Emmerdale is to air a ‘spectacular’ week of stunts and drama just a year after a helicopter crashed into the village hall, killing off two characters.
    Producer Iain MacLeod has outlined plans for a series of explosive storylines that will change the village forever and has promised fans that they will see a series of events that is new to the soap format.
    Speaking to STV, he said: ‘We’ve got some quite exciting plans for the autumn in terms of doing something a little bit different – a special week of episodes that will be kind of spectacular, but in a way I don’t think we’ve seen in a soap before. I can’t say much more than that.’
    He added: ‘We’ve seen a lot of disaster movies; what I’ve got in mind is more akin to a thriller or an action movie. We have seen a lot of incredible stunts. I think this time my intention will be to approach it from a slightly different angle no less spectacular.’
    With stunts and action involved, it is more than likely that viewers may see characters killed off. However, cards are being kept very close to MacLeod’s chest on which storylines and characters will be involved in the week, which will air during the autumn.
    While comparisons will be drawn to the ‘Summer of Fate’ which rocked Emmerdale last year, MacLeod’s promise that it will be different from a ‘disaster’ storyline implies that the central aspect will not be one catastrophic event but will instead show several storylines have action related twists.

metro.co.uk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (10-02-2016)

I`m wondering if this has something to do with Pearce, Tess`s husband?
    Maybe he`s after revenge when
    Spoiler:
    Tess commits suicide

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Spoiler:
    Tess commits suicide

If that's what Tess did she chose a spectacular way to do it. I mean she had to factor in Kirin getting drunk and behind the wheel of a car, him happening to come down the road after she had got out of the car to look at her phone a bit and wander aimlessly. Then she had to literally launch herself right at the specific moment onto the bonnet of the car. That is some planning. (Joking - but it's always fun when a spoiler doesn't come to fruition)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Spoiler:
    Tess commits suicide

If that's what Tess did she chose a spectacular way to do it. I mean she had to factor in Kirin getting drunk and behind the wheel of a car, him happening to come down the road after she had got out of the car to look at her phone a bit and wander aimlessly. Then she had to literally launch herself right at the specific moment onto the bonnet of the car. That is some planning. (Joking - but it's always fun when a spoiler doesn't come to fruition)

This wasn't a spoiler but a suggestion and should read "suicide?" It was a suggestion based on what was known before the episode aired. The original spoiler was correct in that Paddy goes to Tess's funeral next week. There was never any prior spoiler mention of Kirin and his car being involved with this Tess storyline.

Kirin just randomly happened to have been madly driving down Hotton Road as Tess walked into it whilst upset and distracted after her phone call to Rhona. The crash scene seems rather random and forced now and just used to join two storylines together (the soap exits of Tess and Kirin).

BTW, when Kirin sped out of the village, he narrowly missed Brenda, then drove to the top of Main Street and turned right into Robblesfield Road. This is a continuity error as he should have turned left here for Hotton Road and to drive pass Tess, but this is soapland and mere details...

Wrong thread .. not autumn 2016 yet

I agree. Just conversation closure with suzewebb about Tess.

Anyway, back to 2016 spoilers! I really love these!

Many more early to tell about real soon! Stay tuned on this channel!

EMMERDALE

Alarmed Belle
    Doctor Bailey's cheating game could be up this summer, when a frustrated Belle lashes out and trashes her married lover's house. After Angie digs and a protective member of the Dingle clan gets revenge, the truth looks set to emerge and Bailey is forced to try and save his career. Can he look forward to a future stacking shelves or will he save his own skin?

A blow for Ashley
    Ashley has been remarkably chipper lately, but his mood soon darkens when the reality of his dementia hits. Laurel and Ashley's friends have been working hard to hide the act that he has a team of 'minders', but Ashley realises he is being watched and doesn't react well. Can Ashley accept the help offered to him?

Holly helps herself
    Holly Barton is well on the way down the path to self-destruction and things take a turn for the worse when she turns to drugs again and teams up with a murky character from her past. When Cain is too busy with his own problems, Holly tries to help herself and turns to desperate measures with bad consequences. Will Holly finally realise this is the wake-up call she needs?

Also this Summer...

• Bernice looks set to reignite an old flame after she learns that Lawrence and Ronnie were once lovers – will she cheat on her
    husband and will she file for divorce?
    • Feeling protective over Rhona, Marlon decides to teach Pierce a lesson which could cost him his job after it all goes wrong.
    • When the Barton brothers' mini cab business runs into trouble, Pete uses the sort of underhand tactics that Emma is famed
    for - will he realise he is a chip off the old block and give her a second chance?
    • Rakesh raises funds for Kirin and worries that he is going to be busted.
    • Nicola has grand designs on her home.
    • There will be a fire somewhere in the village – will anyone get hurt?

www.whatsontv.co.uk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (09-06-2016), Vikki (07-06-2016)

Emmerdale has dropped another exciting hint about its upcoming October stunt week, revealing that the huge storyline is likely to be filmed at Pinewood Studios.

The ITV soap memorably filmed at the iconic studios three years ago, using the special underwater stage to shoot action-packed scenes for The Woolpack flood.

Now the show's chiefs are planning to go all-out with some unmissable drama once again, as a special ITV 'Super Soap Week' in October will see Emmerdale and Coronation Street both airing explosive episodes.

Emmerdale's series producer Iain MacLeod revealed: "There's a massive week coming up in October - from the 17th, to be precise. I've been talking a little bit about this every time I speak to anyone from the press, or indeed my family or anyone at all on the bus!

"It's unbelievably exciting. There's a couple of soap firsts in it, in terms of the stories we are telling and the way it is being shot.

"The most I can really say is that we are in talks to go back to Pinewood to do some filming there, so that should give you some sense of the kind of dramatic scale we're talking about.

"I could actually talk all day about that big week but, on my word, it's going to be amazing."

MacLeod promised that the storyline will feature "all of the big hitters, or a lot of them, that you'd expect to be in the October week".

He added: "I can't say who. We have such an amazing cast that rest assured, whoever is going to be in it is going to be awesome. I want to tell you but I can't!"

ITV's soap boss John Whiston has also previously teased the storyline, promising that it can rival some of the most spectacular stunts in Emmerdale's history.

Whiston said this week: "It promises to be every bit as riveting as, say, the Woolpack flood or the helicopter dropping in on Pete and Debbie's wedding. I can't say any more - and there really was no clue in the word 'riveting'!"

In the meantime, Emmerdale is also airing a huge fire sequence next week as Rakesh Kotecha commits arson at Mill Cottage - leaving lives in jeopardy.

Digital Spy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Splashy (23-06-2016)

Thread Information