Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Faith Dingle (Sally Dexter)

If it is her, I wonder why she comes to Emmerdale - maybe she is dying or something?
    Last edited by Sheeratty; 10-02-2016 at 14:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheeratty View Post
    Their mother isn't dead. She has only been on screen a handful of times - the last time was the big Dingle party back in 2004 - and before that she had a few episodes in 2000 when she told Zak he was Cain's dad.
    I don't remember her ever on the show so the role might be recast with a well known actress
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 10-02-2016 at 15:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheeratty View Post
    Their mother isn't dead. She has only been on screen a handful of times - the last time was the big Dingle party back in 2004 - and before that she had a few episodes in 2000 when she told Zak he was Cain's dad.
    sorry thought she was dead

Emmerdale's Cain and Chas Dingle look set to be reunited with their mum later this year.

The show's new producer Iain MacLeod has confessed that he accidentally gave the game away at a recent press conference, when he teased the arrival of a 'new' Dingle called Faith.

Die-hard fans wondered whether the soap's top boss could be referring to Shadrach Dingle's ex-wife Faith, who is the mother of Cain and Chas. Sure enough, it seems that they were on the right track.

Speaking at a new Emmerdale press event, MacLeod explained: "I think there's a few character gaps that I'm looking at potentially filling at the moment.

"I mentioned a new member of the Dingle family. I actually mentioned her name which, of course, meant that anyone that knows their Emmerdale history was immediately able to work out who that was!"

Discussing other potential gaps, he continued: "There's somebody missing in that sort of acerbic Val-type category, which I think is in need of attention. That voice - we've never quite replaced that.

"But there are no new families on the horizon at this point. I think we've got such a brilliant cast and such a balance of characters, from villains to heroes and everything in between, that I don't feel like I'm crying out for anything particularly new at the moment."

MacLeod recently described Faith as a "gin-fuelled whirlwind" and a "big, chaotic mess".

"While it might look like she's a whole lot of fun and trouble at the start of it, the story that we get to is likely to be a lot more serious," he said in January. "It's a big family drama to ensue, is all I can really say at this point."

Faith was previously played by Gillian Jephcott in 2000 and 2004, but producers are thought to be seeking a recast for the character's upcoming return.

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...and-chass-mum/

Emmerdale unleashes a new mystery to keep fans guessing next week, as a strange woman arrives in the village and befriends Sarah Sugden.

The new arrival turns up just days after the shock death of Joanie Dingle, leaving viewers to wonder whether she could be a mystery relative who wants to stake a claim on little Kyle.

Whatever her plan, the woman doesn't actually get very far - accidentally locking herself in the Dingles' barn after trying to pay the family a visit.

Sarah (Katie Hill) is first to stumble across the mystery visitor when she finds her hiding out in the barn.

Sarah Sugden disturbs the Dingles' mystery visitor in Emmerdale
    © ITV
    Seeing that the stranger is clearly unwell, Sarah is keen to help and sneaks some food and cough medicines out to her. Then as their bond continues to grow, Sarah even steals money from the café's collection box to help her even more.

When Sarah's stealing inevitably gets exposed, she's forced to come clean to her mum Debbie about the mystery woman in the barn - but the lady has already gone by the time they head back over to investigate.

Sarah Sugden resorts to stealing in Emmerdale
    © ITV

Sarah Sugden resorts to stealing in Emmerdale
    © ITV
    It's later revealed that the woman is now staying at the B&B, where she suffers a shock collapse when confronted.

Amid the chaos of paramedics having to be called, the woman's identity is finally confirmed to everyone - but who is she and what does she want?

One thing's for sure - Cain isn't happy to see her...

Digital Spy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Topaz (03-02-2017)

Apparently in the Radio Times the "woman in the barn" is credited as Sally Dexter. If she is Faith then she must have had Cain and Chas young as she is 56 in real life but then she is a Dingle.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheeratty For This Useful Post:

Topaz (03-02-2017)

she looks very glamorous for zak and shadrach

I like Faith so far

Emmerdale newcomer Sally Dexter has put everyone's suspicions to bed by insisting that her character Faith Dingle doesn't have an ulterior motive for being in the Dales.

Faith's family were stunned to see her back in the village after a 13-year absence earlier this week, with her son Cain and daughter Chas particularly worried that she was plotting trouble.

Despite their concerns, Debbie Dingle has been much more welcoming after learning that Faith generously donated her last £20,000 to Sarah's health fund.

If you were just as dubious as Cain and Chas were, Sally has now set the record straight by confirming that Faith's concern for her great-granddaughter is totally genuine. Phew!

Sally explained: "Faith saw the fundraising page that was online for Sarah. She's also had a bit of a health scare herself, which has put her life into perspective. She's come to the village because she wants to see her family again - she just wants to touch roots.

"I think she will also do everything she can possibly think of to help Sarah. Some of the things will perhaps not be appropriate, but she does them anyway!"

She continued: "Faith arrived in the village causing havoc and that is how she's set to continue. She's mischievous - and that's definitely the right word for her. She's not nasty, but she's a little bit naughty.

"Faith also has no shame. She's completely unapologetic. If she's wrong, she'll 'fess up and say she's wrong. But that doesn't mean she won't necessarily go out and do it again! She has a good heart, though. She makes mistakes but she makes them honestly."

Faith Dingle in Emmerdale
    © ITV
    Faith was played by Gillian Jephcott in her previous Emmerdale stints in 2000 and 2004. Plans to bring her back were announced a year ago, but show bosses kept quiet about the exact timing of her arrival.

Speaking about how it's all going so far, Sally added: "I love working at Emmerdale. It's fantastic. It's a well-oiled machine. It's amazing to me how hard everyone works, but also how much fun everyone has.

"It was sometime last November I got cast and I practically had to sew my mouth up to stop myself blabbing! It's been very difficult to keep it a secret."

Digital Spy

Emmerdale's Faith Dingle could spark a brand new relationship crisis for Zak and Lisa Dingle next week. That didn't take long!

A newly-recast Faith (Sally Dexter) made a surprise return to our screens this week - much to the shock of Zak and Lisa, who were determined not to give her a warm welcome back to the village.

Faith and Zak conceived Cain together in the '70s when they had an affair, giving them plenty of history to draw on as they become reacquainted in the coming days.

Sure enough, troublesome Faith can't resist flirting with Zak next week and it's not long before Lisa is convinced they're already having a fling behind her back.

When Faith realises how paranoid Lisa is, she fails to offer any reassurance and instead decides to spark even more problems by deliberately fuelling her suspicions.

Zak and Lisa Dingle in Emmerdale
    © ITV
    This includes gatecrashing Lisa's birthday at The Woolpack and having a cosy chat with Zak, knowing exactly how it'll look to Lisa.

With Lisa pushed to breaking point once again, she completely loses it by accusing Zak of betraying her in front of everyone in the pub - even though Kyle's welfare officer Linda is also there.

Could Lisa's outburst jeopardise the Dingles' chances of getting custody of Kyle?

An Emmerdale insider told Digital Spy: "Linda ends up asking Kerry and Dan to take Kyle full time, but Faith is adamant that Kerry isn't the right choice.

"Having already caused chaos for the Dingles, could Faith now ruin Kerry's chance to have Kyle?"

Digital Spy

Thread Information