Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holly Barton (Sophie Powles)

Exclamation Holly Barton (Sophie Powles)

Things are about to get a little more crowded at the Barton/Dingle house as Holly Barton is returning to the village.
    Incoming Emmerdale boss Iain MacLeod has revealed today that Sophie Powles is reprising her role as the troubled daughter of Moira Dingle.
    Fans haven’t seen Holly in the village since 2012 when she decided to move away following the tragic death of her dad John.
    But what will she make of Moira’s new husband Cain when she returns on screen in six weeks and will the singleton set her sights on any of the local lads?
    Iain has teased that the former drug addict's return is going to spell trouble for the couple, who are already having to contend with the return of Cain’s ex Charity Dingle.
    He confirmed: “Holly is coming back to the village and she’s going to be mixing it up for Cain and Moira!”
    Meanwhile, the former Hollyoaks series producer admitted he knows he has big shoes to fill in taking over the top job from Kate Oates.
    He said: “I’m thrilled to be part of the show, I’m under pressure but it’s a huge privilege and I want to continue Kate’s work.
    It feels like I have been given a new box of toys to play with, it’s an amazing show and I feel very lucky to be a part of it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (12-03-2016)

Emmerdale bosses are bringing back Holly Barton to cause big trouble for Cain and Moira.

Holly will return to our screens in March - and fans don't have to worry about a sneaky soap recast, as Sophie Powles will be back in the role after nearly four years away.

Emmerdale's new producer Iain MacLeod announced the news at a press conference today, promising that Holly still has fresh trouble to bring to the Dales.

Holly's mum Moira will no doubt be pleased to see her, but her new stepdad Cain may not feel the same way when he's forced to get involved in her dramas - again!

acLeod revealed: "We've got Holly coming back. Still played by Sophie Powles, she's coming back in about six weeks.

"Cain's life at the present time is relatively stable, so we're just trying to topple his table over and throw him into confusion all over the shop.

"Holly arrives with trouble trailing behind her and then we see Cain do what he does best, which is step in and save the day as only he can.

"But there's a question mark over how long he can keep doing that in service of Moira and her family before his head starts to be turned by Charity.

"There's a big complicated family story there with all the relevant highs and lows and tragedies that you'd expect."

Holly was last seen on our screens in 2012, when she left the village seeking a fresh start shortly after the tragic death of her father John.

Fans will remember Holly best for her starring role in a gritty drugs storyline. Holly began taking illegal substances recreationally in 2010, later developing a serious addiction as she moved from cocaine to heroin.

Digital Spy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (05-02-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Emmerdale bosses are bringing back Holly Barton to cause big trouble for Cain and Moira.

Holly will return to our screens in March - and fans don't have to worry about a sneaky soap recast, as Sophie Powles will be back in the role after nearly four years away.

Emmerdale's new producer Iain MacLeod announced the news at a press conference today, promising that Holly still has fresh trouble to bring to the Dales.

Holly's mum Moira will no doubt be pleased to see her, but her new stepdad Cain may not feel the same way when he's forced to get involved in her dramas - again!

acLeod revealed: "We've got Holly coming back. Still played by Sophie Powles, she's coming back in about six weeks.

"Cain's life at the present time is relatively stable, so we're just trying to topple his table over and throw him into confusion all over the shop.

"Holly arrives with trouble trailing behind her and then we see Cain do what he does best, which is step in and save the day as only he can.

"But there's a question mark over how long he can keep doing that in service of Moira and her family before his head starts to be turned by Charity.

"There's a big complicated family story there with all the relevant highs and lows and tragedies that you'd expect."

Holly was last seen on our screens in 2012, when she left the village seeking a fresh start shortly after the tragic death of her father John.

Fans will remember Holly best for her starring role in a gritty drugs storyline. Holly began taking illegal substances recreationally in 2010, later developing a serious addiction as she moved from cocaine to heroin.

Digital Spy
    Well - the story may have be gritty ! but I dont
    remember either of the Barton sisters having been
    particularly good actors and one was very poor!

Ill be pleased to be corrected -as Im really not
    looking forward to this story and more Bartons!!'

I think Moirs was ok -but thats about it!

i just wonder if hannah will folllow holly home??

does holly not like step daddy cain

From what I can remember like Adam at first she blamed hated Cain for his affair with Moria (Holly was a daddy's girl) that led to the separation of John/Moria due to her dads death & the bitterness intensified, Cain saved Holly after she took Heroin & overdosed on the day of John's funeral but she and the other Barton kids remained very anti Cain she was reluctant to thank him for saving her & the bad feeling remained leading to Adam try to kill Cain in that garage fire that Aaron took the blame for. Holly & Hannah left not long after this for a fresh start. Though neither came to the wedding of Moria/Cain they did send flowers to Moria apparently giving their blessing so who knows now?

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to binky321 For This Useful Post:

lizann (06-02-2016), maidmarian (05-02-2016), tammyy2j (20-03-2016), Wendas (07-02-2016)

Holly and Hannah also left long before the big revelation about Adam being James' son and not John's, but I do recall a reference to them being told (I think by Adam?). It will be interesting to see how this plays out for Holly in regards to the relationship she has with her mother, just as it had to play out with Adam.

Can see Ross trying it on with Holly to wind Cain and Moira up even though it is his cousin.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alcapo11 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (13-03-2016)

Emmerdale returnee Holly Barton will hatch a shock plan to destroy her mum's marriage when she arrives back in the village.

Sophie Powles is reprising her role as troubled Holly, who shocks her family next week when she turns up completely out of the blue.

While Moira (Natalie J Robb) is thrilled to see her daughter back, her husband Cain is far more suspicious. It's soon clear that he was right to be worried when Holly later takes a secret phone call from her ex and promises to get some money that she owes.

© ITV
    Holly has an agenda

Holly's villainous ex-boyfriend Dean also follows her to the village the next day and piles even more pressure on her to cough up with the cash she owes him.

Needing a quick-fire way to make some money, Holly is intrigued when she realises that Cain's old flame Charity is still in love with him.

Holly wastes no time before trying to strike a deal with Charity, promising that she can help her to win Cain back - for a price. But will Charity be tempted by the surprise offer?

© ITV
    Holly tries to strike a deal with Charity

Jeff Hordley, who plays Cain, revealed: "Because Cain has just had the Charity situation and is still dealing with her being back, it's definitely not ideal to have Holly back too. Holly is not that keen on Cain because she thinks he's the reason that her mum and dad split up. So she's not his biggest fan.

"Cain doesn't really want Holly around either, because it's just another massive itch for him to have to scratch."

He continued: "I think Holly's offer to Charity could spell trouble for Cain's marriage, but it's unbeknownst to him. He doesn't realise that it's happening but he eventually twigs.

"In the world of soap, there's always the potential to be for couples to be broken up. I'd be personally gutted if Moira and Cain do split up, because I love working with Natalie J Robb.

"We'll just see what the future holds, but hopefully they're strong enough and the writers will keep them together. I think they have a certain appeal and charm to the viewers. I think Moira has tamed Cain somewhat and some viewers like that side to him."

© ITV
    Will Charity agree to Holly's deal?

Asked whether he likes that softer side to Cain, Hordley replied: "Yeah I do, but I don't think it needs to be there all the time because the character just becomes two-dimensional and boring. I think it's down to the writing team and the producers that the character is a lot more rounded and a lot more believable.

"Instead of him being the prince of darkness, he's got these human qualities, lighter sides and moments of love with Moira. There's still moments for the dark stuff, but it's probably a little more powerful because it's not all the time."

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...oira-and-cain/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (20-03-2016)

The last we saw of former heroin addict Holly Barton (Sophie Powles), she was skipping merrily - well, as merrily as Holly gets - off to London four years ago to become a trainee fashion designer.

She's had her hair done since then, but buried in that golden mane are plenty of problems, as her mother Moira soon discovers.

Holly and her new stepdad Cain have, of course, not had the easiest of relationships since he replaced her dead dad's place [John Barton] in her mum's affections. But he did save her from an overdose, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Adam implores his sister to give Cain the benefit of the doubt when she starts moaning about him - but Holly quickly hits on a plan to get him out of the way and makes a beeline for Charity.

And when Holly introduces Moira to her 'boyfriend' Dean (who is really a debt collector), it's clear there's trouble brewing...

TV Magazine, The Sun
    19-25 March 2016
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 19-03-2016 at 13:31.

Thread Information