Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Morley joins Neighbours

Exclamation Andrew Morley joins Neighbours

Ramsay Street is fast becoming the next popular stop after Summer Bay. In recent years, Bob Morley (ex-Drew Curtis), Rebekah Elmaloglou (ex-Sophie Simpson) and Kip Gamblin (ex-Scott Hunter) have all joined the Neighbours clan, and now, Andrew Morley, who played Spencer Harrington on Home and Away, is set to move onto Australia’s most famous street.

Andrew’s manager, Craig McMahon, confirmed that he had commenced filming on one of Australia’s most popular dramas.

The Film & Television Studio International, of which Andrew is a former student, then announced the news of his new role on their website, stating “After his leading role on Home and Away, Andrew returned to Melbourne in November 2015, where he auditioned and won another series regular role, this time on long running iconic Australian series, Neighbours.”

This follows speculation that Andrew would be joining the Seven Network morning show, Sunrise as the new permanent Weather presenter. He then posted the following photo on Instagram, teasing his new role to his fans:

Adding fuel to the fire, Andrew’s bio on the popular photo-sharing app contains a link to a video of his time on Sunrise as the temporary Weather Presenter.

Harrington Brothers (Chris & Spencer)

Andrew first appeared on Home and Away in January 2013, alongside Kassandra Clementi, as Maddy Osborne. Johnny Ruffo later joined the cast as Andrew’s onscreen brother, Chris Harrington. After storylines including online grooming, getting caught up in a cult and relationships with Maddy, Evelyn and Sasha, Spencer left Summer Bay in April 2015 to take care of his ill father.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-01-2016), Pantherboy (27-01-2016), Summer8 (27-01-2016), tuckec01 (19-03-2016)

Sorry but I'm not a fan. Why leave H&A to join a smaller soap? (Or was he pushed from H&A?)

I wonder who he will be playing… Hope it isn't Ned Willis. Maybe they've recast Mason?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CuriousCase For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-01-2016)

I wonder who he will be playing… Hope it isn't Ned Willis. Maybe they've recast Mason?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CuriousCase For This Useful Post:

Ballineen (25-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousCase View Post
    I'd say Ned Willis is a good bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'd say Ned Willis is a good bet.
    But he doesn't look anything like Natalie Imbruglia. He looks more like Lauren.
    Last edited by CuriousCase; 27-01-2016 at 22:11.

Double post.
    Last edited by CuriousCase; 27-01-2016 at 22:11.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousCase View Post
    But he doesn't look anything like Natalie Imbruglia. He looks more like Lauren.
    There is a similarity between Andrew Morley and a young, short haired Kip Gamblin pictured here:

Anyway, I don't really think they place that much importance on inherited looks when casting for soaps as long as it's within the realms of possibility.

Ned Willis is only a guess anyway; he could be playing someone else entirely.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Summer8 (31-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    There is a similarity between Andrew Morley and a young, short haired Kip Gamblin pictured here:

Anyway, I don't really think they place that much importance on inherited looks when casting for soaps as long as it's within the realms of possibility.

Ned Willis is only a guess anyway; he could be playing someone else entirely.
    I do see a similarity between them both Dazzle. It will be strange to see 'Spencer' in Neighbours.
    When Spencer left H&A, it wouldn`t surprise me if he left because the producers made Matt Paige the new golden boy and pushed Spencer out to make way for the 'bad boy'. Spencer was just too good goody for them. It would certainly explain why Matt was after all the females that Spencer had been with...... Sasha, and then Maddy.

So who will this characters first love interest be? My guess is that he will have the hots for Paige - until he finds out they`re related if the character di\oes turn out to be Ned lol. Xanthe perhaps? Not sure how old she is.
    Then it could be Xanthe

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    It will be strange to see 'Spencer' in Neighbours.
    I hope Andrew Morley's a better character in Neighbours. I found Spencer completely lacking in charisma, but the actor could improve with good writing I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    So who will this characters first love interest be? My guess is that he will have the hots for Paige - until he finds out they`re related if the character di\oes turn out to be Ned lol. Xanthe perhaps? Not sure how old she is.
    Then it could be Xanthe
    I think Sheila said that Xanthe's only 15!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (28-01-2016), Summer8 (31-01-2016)

Thread Information