Thread: Marnie Nightingale (Lysette Anthony)

Exclamation Marnie Nightingale (Lysette Anthony)

​Hollyoaks has huge trouble lined up for Mac Nightingale, with Lysette Anthony joining the cast to play his ruthless ex-wife Marnie.

Marnie will descend on the village in a few days' time and waste little time before causing chaos for Mac, who'll be alarmed and anxious over her arrival.

Newcomer Marnie is mum to three of Mac's children - Nathan, Ellie and James.

Viewers are already very familiar with Nathan and Ellie following their arrival in October, while James has also just been introduced as the scheming lawyer who's been working with Cindy Savage.

Marnie pledges to help Cindy take Mac for everything he's got ​
    © Lime Pictures
    Marnie and James are planning to use Cindy to take down Mac, wanting revenge for events in the past.

What Marnie doesn't know is that Cindy is Alfie Nightingale's biological mother - and therefore the reason for her and Mac's divorce. Secrets don't stay under wraps for long in Hollyoaks, so it's surely only a matter of time before this one bubbles to the surface.

Speaking of her new role, Anthony commented: "Quite simply I am utterly 'made up' joining Hollyoaks. It's a fabulous show, great cast and brilliant crews - a lovely place to work.

"Marnie is, in brief, trouble. She loved and lost dramatically. She'll never forgive Mac - 'Until death us do part' is tattooed into her very psyche. Meanwhile she's back - determined to humiliate and destroy him. And that's on a good day!"

​Mac gets a surprise at The Loft when Marnie turns up
    © Lime Pictures

Anthony's career as a model saw her hailed as the "Face of the '80s" by photographer David Bailey. She has also appeared in various films and TV dramas, including Look Who's Talking Now, Woody Allen's Husbands and Wives, Poirot and Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

The new cast member already has history with Hollyoaks, too, as she appeared briefly as Louise Summers' mum Yvonne in 2008 and 2009.

Hollyoaks' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood commented: "We are incredibly lucky to have signed the talent and glamour of the wonderful Lysette Anthony. I've always been a huge fan, and a few years after her previous Hollyoaks cameo as Louise Summers' mum Yvonne, Lysette is now starring as brand new character Marnie Nightingale.

"Marnie is a complex, intriguing and hilarious matriarch with a big broken heart. She could start a fight in an empty room and I can't wait to see the havoc and mischief she's going to wreak on Cindy and the rest of the Nightingales."

​Mac comes face-to-face with James, his son, and his ex-wife
    © Lime Pictures
    The arrival of Marnie and James will introduce a darker branch of the Nightingale clan, but exactly how will this impact on the close-knit bond shared by Mac, Nathan, Ellie and Alfie? Only time will tell...

Hollyoaks airs Marnie's first scenes on Friday (January 29) at 7pm on E4 and the following Monday (February 1) at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (25-01-2016)

So James is also Mac's son

Hollyoaks​ newcomer Marnie Nightingale will leave "no male unturned​", according to actress Lysette Anthony.

The show's latest addition has revealed that her character will cause quite a bit of trouble on the show.

"​Marnie's quite a piece of work and wastes no time in making her presence known," Anthony told The Sun.

"Many plans will be unfolding very fast and along with her entrepreneurial designs, she will leave no male unturned."

She continued: "Some people would call her ruthless, but there's a reason she became that woman.

Marnie and James ask Diane whether they can buy the restaurant​​
    © Lime Pictures

EasEnders pays homage to Angie & Den divorce papers
    "She left behind a lot of children and it wasn't a decision that she took lightly.

"Mac behaved really badly to her in the past. It has taken her a while to recover, but she's all guns blazing now.

"It's a woman scorned: when a woman has loved that much she's on a mission​."

Although she did not reveal what schemes Marnie has in store, Anthony teased: "​There's so much trouble I can't even begin to tell you!

"I've got a big fat smile on my face, let's leave it at that​."

It looks like Hollyoaks' Marnie Nightingale isn't going anywhere any time soon, as star Lysette Anthony has revealed she has landed a new deal with the show.

The actress revealed that she is purchasing a new home in Liverpool, as she will be on the Channel 4 soap for a while longer yet.

"I've signed for another year and I'm buying a house in Liverpool, so I have long-term plans," she told BANG Showbiz (via Female First). "I am an honorary Scouser. I'm made up, it is boss."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/holl...one-year-deal/

killed off, shame

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (13-01-2022)

Thread Information