Thread: Jai Waetford joins Neighbours

Exclamation Jai Waetford joins Neighbours

Neighbours bosses have cast Aussie singer Jai Waetford to play a rebellious new character for Ramsay Street.

The 17-year-old musician, who first rose to prominence at the age of 14 on The X Factor Australia, will be playing the son of a controversial Erinsborough character.

But as for the newbie's name and the familiar face he's connected with? We'll just have to wait and see, as show bosses are keeping further details under wraps until closer to his on-screen debut.

Speaking today, Waetford commented: "I am super excited to be joining the Neighbours team. It's my first TV role and I am looking forward to spending time on set, learning new things and meeting new people."

Jai Waetford on set at Neighbours
    © Channel 5

Neighbours' executive producer Jason Herbison added: "We're delighted to have Jai on board and I think he is going to have a lot of fun with his character. He really does push the boundaries, and what teenager doesn't love doing that?"

Since finishing in third place on The X Factor in 2013, Waetford has signed with Sony Music Australia and released three EPs. He is currently promoting his latest single 'Living Not Dreaming'.

Waetford has landed a recurring guest contract with Neighbours and his first episodes will air in May. But if you want an early sneak peek at the newcomer before that, you can see him announcing his big news on YouTube below.
    https://youtu.be/bj3-Try3ckM

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 10-02-2016 at 13:52.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-02-2016), Pantherboy (10-02-2016), Summer8 (10-02-2016)

Thread Information