Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Sampson Joins Emmerdale

George Sampson Joins Emmerdale

Britain's Got Talent winner George Sampson is set to make a guest appearance in Emmerdale.
    He shot to fame at the age of 14 after winning the second series of the popular ITV show with a dance to a remix of classic song Singin' in the Rain.

He will appear in four episodes and will be seen on screen at the end of February.

George said: "I’m really excited to play a guest part in Emmerdale. The cast and crew have been really friendly and the village is a spectacular place to be. It’s such an iconic show and it’s brilliant to be able to be a part of it".

http://www.itv.com/emmerdale

2. The Following User Says Thank You to binky321 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (14-01-2016)

A new friend for Belle or Lachlan or Gaby

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    A new friend for Belle or Lachlan or Gaby
    Can´t be a close friend as he only makes a guest appearance ... but maybe he comes back for a longer spell. I liked him in Waterloo Road

I'm about 99+% sure that I've worked out the cameo storyline with actor George Sampson (GS). I got the idea on 2nd February. There were various "not this" spoiler posts from a very reliable and knowing "insider" on another forum. So many "not this" clues can only lead to one "so it's this" option for someone very focussed and tuned-in like me.

I usually post options here on soapboards for when I'm not sure (like, who ratted to the SS about Rhona's/Paddy's shaky marital relationship. Was it Pearl/Tess/Aaron?).

But this time, there are really no options.

The GS character is not somebody I would ever have before thought here to bring on-board to Emmerdale right now but I can see and understand the storyliners about why and now when the present Aaron/Robert storyline (RobRon) is considered. What I couldn't work out was just how this GS character could ever meet Aaron but there's been a new spoiler now which suggests that Aaron and GS seem to meet completely at random.

In a way, I'm really surprised about the GS character but I'm angry too because Aaron will be messed up more over this and Robert will be shown as bad too. I really do think that this will delay Robert and Aaron being in a happy relationship but I really do hope that they will have brighter days in a while.

I am just bursting to tell soapboards readers about this storyline but I don't think this is remotely possible right now. Soapboards is a open public forum and I really don't want to be the first one to publically break an Emmerdale big secret worldwide.

All I can say to the Emmerdale team is that I really do reckon I'm the first to have worked it out without official spoilers.

On a personal basis, I had two massive brain seizures a while back and, since then, everyone has always said about how I see everything very differently to others but when I connect things and tell them, everyone always says something like "Oh. I never thought of that before but you're right." Well, this is yet another one of those times.

If I posted one special word here on soapboards then everyone would really get what I mean and the "secret" Emmerdale storyline would become public.

I know that the Emmerdale team work really hard and all together to make us all the really great TV programme which Emmerdale really is. This is really why I cannot say the "one special word".

I only really post here right now so my thoughts are public and dated and timed. When the "Reveal" episode is aired later this February then everyone reading my post here today will know what I mean right now.

"One ring [a friendly guy] to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."
    Lord of the Rings
    J.R.R. Tolkien
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Ring
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 04-02-2016 at 14:58.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

JessicaMad (04-02-2016)

Britain's Got Talent winner George Sampson has shared some early gossip on his Emmerdale role, revealing that he'll be playing a part in Aaron Livesy's ongoing storyline.

© Mike Marsland/WireImage
    George Sampson

Show bosses recently announced that Sampson was joining the cast for a four-episode guest stint, but they kept fans guessing by declining to reveal any further details.

With Sampson's first episodes airing next week, some new teasers can now finally be shared. Digital Spy can confirm that he'll be playing a young character called Ryan, who'll be appearing in scenes with popular pair Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden.

Aaron (Danny Miller) is currently at a low ebb after confiding in his loved ones about how he was raped by his father Gordon from the age of 8. But as for the role that Ryan could play in the story, viewers will have to wait and see.

Speaking about his character for the first time, Sampson commented: "Ryan is a lads' lad. He's a local guy who just wants to intervene in people's business. Where he can get what he wants in a certain situation, he will do so.

"We're keeping everything else quiet for now, but people can probably try to use their imaginations."

He continued: "It's been really easy to work with the cast. But to be fair, I kind of knew that already. I've done other jobs where it's come up in conversation with wardrobe and make-up teams that ​Emmerdale​ is a great place to work, so I always thought that it'd be easy to get to know everyone.

"I already knew some people. I play football with Danny quite a bit, so I knew I'd be alright. I think Danny's got a really good part. He's got a challenging role and he plays it absolutely brilliantly. After doing scenes with him and seeing how good he is in those, it's just echoed what I knew anyway."

Now 22, Sampson first rose to fame in 2008 when he won the second series of Britain's Got Talent with a streetdance routine at the age of 14. He's since found success as an actor too, but that didn't stop him from feeling nervous about joining the soap world.

He laughed: "My first day at Emmerdale was manic because this is nothing like I've ever done before. There are four different filming units and people working here, there and everywhere. I got all of these different scripts and call sheets through the post, but I had no idea what was going on so I panicked a bit! But I made sense of it eventually.

"I was crazy nervous, because I didn't understand the scale of things. I saw the size of the building and asked how many shows were made here, but they said: 'Oh, it's just Emmerdale'. I thought: 'Oh my God, this is massive!' I was trying to soak it all in - and I'm getting there!"

At least Sampson could rely on one thing - he already knew the characters and storylines inside out.

"I do watch Emmerdale, it's one of the only shows that I watch," he explained. "I try not to watch TV at all. If I've got time to watch TV, then I'm not doing enough - that's how my mum always raised me.

"But I was with a girlfriend for a year and a half and I used to see her most days. Every time I went round, I had to shut up for half an hour to watch Emmerdale.

"You get so soaked into it and it's even weirder when you know the people in real life, but you're still getting invested into their character lives. You literally want to shout at the TV and help them!"

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...ne-with-aaron/

ITV Video Preview

When Ryan makes a deal with Robert, could he be dancing with the devil?

George Sampson tells a little about his special guest role.

"Dancing with danger - George Sampson", 1m 31s
    http://www.itv.com/emmerdale/extras/...george-sampson

is he a victim of gordon or hired by robert to lie he is

It looks like he's a set up, as in that preview on the Emmerdale website Aaron interrupts him & Robert talking suspiciously plus George Sampson is only supposed to be in 4 episodes I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by binky321 View Post
    It looks like he's a set up, as in that preview on the Emmerdale website Aaron interrupts him & Robert talking suspiciously plus George Sampson is only supposed to be in 4 episodes I believe.
    Yes, guest stint for 4 episodes

He will appear in four episodes and will be seen on screen at the end of February.
    Last edited by Perdita; 20-02-2016 at 18:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    I'm about 99+% sure that I've worked out the cameo storyline with actor George Sampson (GS). I got the idea on 2nd February. There were various "not this" spoiler posts from a very reliable and knowing "insider" on another forum. So many "not this" clues can only lead to one "so it's this" option for someone very focussed and tuned-in like me.

I usually post options here on soapboards for when I'm not sure (like, who ratted to the SS about Rhona's/Paddy's shaky marital relationship. Was it Pearl/Tess/Aaron?).

But this time, there are really no options.

The GS character is not somebody I would ever have before thought here to bring on-board to Emmerdale right now but I can see and understand the storyliners about why and now when the present Aaron/Robert storyline (RobRon) is considered. What I couldn't work out was just how this GS character could ever meet Aaron but there's been a new spoiler now which suggests that Aaron and GS seem to meet completely at random.

In a way, I'm really surprised about the GS character but I'm angry too because Aaron will be messed up more over this and Robert will be shown as bad too. I really do think that this will delay Robert and Aaron being in a happy relationship but I really do hope that they will have brighter days in a while.

I am just bursting to tell soapboards readers about this storyline but I don't think this is remotely possible right now. Soapboards is a open public forum and I really don't want to be the first one to publically break an Emmerdale big secret worldwide.

All I can say to the Emmerdale team is that I really do reckon I'm the first to have worked it out without official spoilers.

On a personal basis, I had two massive brain seizures a while back and, since then, everyone has always said about how I see everything very differently to others but when I connect things and tell them, everyone always says something like "Oh. I never thought of that before but you're right." Well, this is yet another one of those times.

If I posted one special word here on soapboards then everyone would really get what I mean and the "secret" Emmerdale storyline would become public.

I know that the Emmerdale team work really hard and all together to make us all the really great TV programme which Emmerdale really is. This is really why I cannot say the "one special word".

I only really post here right now so my thoughts are public and dated and timed. When the "Reveal" episode is aired later this February then everyone reading my post here today will know what I mean right now.

Lord of the Rings
    J.R.R. Tolkien
    I suppose I should explain what I meant earlier but just couldn't tell. Oh how much I wanted to tell here really but the storyline was clearly so secret at the time that I just didn't want to be the first worldwide to give the secret away early. I really had realised the role of George Sampson's character too early though, the real question was about when to tell?

There was no evidence that the GS character was someone from the past from Emmerdale. The GS character was most likely to be a random chancer who Aaron had never met and was about to enter his life from out-of-the-blue (through dodgy Robert).

What really surprised me was that [always previously smart-guy for me?] Robert would be such an idiot to do what he did [set-up a dodgy witness]. Of course, Aaron would take this to mean that Aaron might be seen as a liar and untruthful, even mental. I thought that Aaron would then see Robert as untrustworthy and not suitable as a close personal guy. I was angry too, because Robert had lately been so "nice" to Aaron and others in Emmerdale, but here we were, about to see "dodgy nasty" Robert again. However, I did always believe that afterwards Aaron and Robert would reconcile somehow and get together "in a while".

Of course, the "one special word" was "witness". I deliberately used it several times since then in picture captions under later weekly spoilers. I always have the final say in what the picture captions are for when I post the weekly spoilers from DS. I tried everytime to make sure that the word "witness" was under the image of Ryan (George Sampson) when I got the chance for fun early on, even when DS didn't go into that level of detail!

Lord of the Rings
    J.R.R. Tolkien
    This was a joke riddle just to tease really. Just another of my fun and odd connections. The "One ring [a friendly guy]" was always Robert, of course. Robert was always going to be the one [ring!] to bring Aaron and GS character together and "in the [Aaron's] darkness bind them". Robert even now still seems to have that pesky Home Farm Chrissie ring on at the moment. But this "One ring" seems to be soon cast into the destructive flames of history! Time seems certain to tell on this, trust me! Haha!
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 13-03-2016 at 16:42.

Thread Information