Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pierce Harris (Jonathan Wrather)

I really don't want this to drag out, I think in the end Rhona will kill him

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I really don't want this to drag out, I think in the end Rhona will kill him
    I can imagine Paddy or Vanessa getting to him, think Rhona will be too scared

sociopath rapist, blaming rhona that she likes it rough

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (27-04-2017), Ruffed_lemur (27-04-2017)

The relationship between sinister Pierce Harris and his mum Martha is a complex and tempestuous one in Emmerdale and it’s one that seems to be carrying a huge secret that is about to be revisited as the rapist returns to the village.
    Paddy Kirk reaches out and begs Pierce to come home for Rhona, completely oblivious to the fact that he brutally attacked her. And when Pierce does indeed show up in the cottage, it prompts a terrified Rhona to bravely return to the police and report her ordeal.
    But, according to Jonathan Wrather, who plays the despicable villain, there is more to find out about what has warped Pierce – including whether he may have committed such an attack before.

Speaking to Metro.co.uk recently, he shared: ‘Martha, his mother, has been introduced, and she’s harbouring some secret. She’s coming back and she is so charming and so nice, and so plausible – there’s something slightly mysterious about it but she is harbouring some kind of secret, and we don’t know what that is yet.
    ‘It could be something very big – it could be something he’s done like this in the past, it could be something else. Do we believe what Martha said, or do we believe Pierce?’

Pondering whether Pierce may have committed rape before, Jonathan admitted that he didn’t know but added: ‘In a way I think it’s predictable if he’s done it before. I think it’s quite interesting if he hasn’t, and everything’s been leading towards this.’

Whatever happens, there are still dark times ahead – but as Rhona heads to the police, it could unsettle control freak Pierce more than we have yet seen. Jonathan said: ‘He knows the law, so it’s going to be interesting to see how he manages, or if he manages, to work his way around this. On the surface he’s a swan, but underneath he’s paddling like hell, because he’s panicking.

‘But he doesn’t give much away, as you know, because he has this duality to him, and that’s what’s eerie about him, I suppose…’

Metro.co.uk

Emmerdale's Rhona Goskirk gets one step closer to justice next week as Pierce Harris is finally charged with rape.

Rhona (Zoe Henry) has been waiting to hear whether Pierce will face trial after taking the brave step of reporting him to the police for his brutal attack on her.

Next week's Emmerdale episodes see Rhona start to doubt her decision after discovering who's responsible for a spate of sinister break-ins at her home.

Feeling nervous and fearful, Rhona tells her best friend Vanessa Woodfield and ex-husband Paddy Kirk that she plans to drop the charges against Pierce, believing that it's best to just move on.

Rhona even visits Pierce at work to tell him the news, but his reaction is so smug and jovial that she quickly changes her mind again, deciding to proceed with her fight for justice after all.

Rhona Goskirk visits Pierce Harris at work in Emmerdale
    © ITV

When Rhona returns home, she's relieved to learn that Pierce is definitely being charged – but she knows that it's just the beginning of a tough battle ahead.

Confiding in Vanessa once again, Rhona admits that she's terrified of how Pierce might twist things as part of his defence in court, knowing that the trial will be a huge ordeal for her.

Vanessa is adamant that her friend has done the right thing, but how will Rhona cope with the challenges still to come?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (27-06-2017), Ruffed_lemur (27-06-2017)

whats the mother playing at?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    whats the mother playing at?
    I think she's that desperate to have a relationship with her son she's convinced herself that she must help him and he's probably spun her a web of lies to make himself look like the victim and made it look like Rhona is exaggerating or just bitter and wants some sort of revenge on him.

Or she is a psycho control freak aswell and that's where he gets it from.
    Last edited by Debzyg; 04-07-2017 at 07:38.

Emmerdale's Jonathan Wrather has confirmed that Pierce Harris WILL be punished for his horrific attack on Rhona Goskirk.

He popped in to Loose Women today (July 13) and told them that there will be "some form of retribution", and it will be realistic.

"We're heading towards a court case, it's going to trial, that's where we're up to in the story," he said.

"There's a kind of the duty of care with the audience. There will be some form of retribution. It has to be realistic."

He also said he was impressed by the "fantastic" writing for the storyline, explaining they have done a lot of research to make it as authentic as possible.

"We had researchers. Zoe and I did our own research. We wanted to make it as truthful as possible."

He added: "It was immensely enlightening. Some of the statistics are very sad, it's kind of shocking.

"There is a common perception that the perpetrator is a predatory male, after dark, down an alley, but it's much closer to home."

Upcoming scenes will see Pierce plead not guilty to rape and the trial date will be set for later in the month, but Rhona will face even more pressure as some new evidence turns up that could hinder her case.

Digital Spy

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-07-2017), tammyy2j (15-07-2017)

I hope he gets sent down

Next week's episodes see Pierce face court for his evil attack on his wife Rhona Goskirk, but the big question is who the jury will believe after hearing both parties give evidence.

Emmerdale's new promo sees Rhona bravely preparing to recall her ordeal in front of the courtroom, promising to tell the truth as she's questioned by the prosecution and Pierce's defence.

https://www.facebook.com/emmerdale/v...6750365478849/

Pierce also watches on anxiously, knowing that he'll be heading to jail if the court case doesn't go well for him.

The trial week features another return stint from Pierce's twisted mother Martha, while we'll also see Vanessa Woodfield giving evidence in support of Rhona.

While the verdict itself has been kept under wraps by Emmerdale, there are rumours that Jonathan Wrather – who plays Pierce – will be leaving the ITV soap either way.

Jonathan has also promised that there will be consequences for Pierce, but will that be a legal-based comeuppance at the trial or repercussions of a different kind?

Speaking on ITV's Loose Women last week, he revealed: "We're heading towards a court case, it's going to trial, that's where we're up to in the story.

"There's a kind of duty of care with the audience. There will be some form of retribution. It has to be realistic."

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 17-07-2017 at 20:38.

Thread Information