Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rana (Bhavna Limbachia)

Exclamation Rana (Bhavna Limbachia)

Coronation Street bosses are bringing in a glamorous new love interest for Zeedan Nazir.

Actress Bhavna Limbachia has been cast in the role of Rana, an old friend of Zeedan's sister Alya.

Rana went to university with Alya and will arrive in Weatherfield next month to catch up with her.

Getting much more than she bargained for with the visit, Rana lands herself a new job at the medical centre and makes an immediate impression on several of the male locals.

Amid the flattering attention, it's Zeedan who catches Rana's eye and it seems that the feeling is mutual as producers have tipped her to "set his heart fluttering".

Speaking of her new role, Limbachia enthused: "I'm absolutely thrilled to be joining the show. Being a proud Northerner, it's a dream come true."

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn added: "Rana is sharp, funny, utterly gorgeous and not a little manipulative.

"She's a girl who likes to get her own way and when she sets her sights on something, or someone... well, Zeedan better have his wits about him!"

Limbachia's previous credits include roles in Citizen Khan and Cuffs. Her first Corrie episodes will air on Friday, February 19.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-01-2016), tammyy2j (11-01-2016)

well my spidey senses were all wrong, I saw zeedan getting it on with leanne somewhere along the lines.
    If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life...With confidence, you have won even before you have started. - Marcus Garvy

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inkyskin For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-01-2016), lizann (10-01-2016), tammyy2j (11-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by inkyskin View Post
    well my spidey senses were all wrong, I saw zeedan getting it on with leanne somewhere along the lines.
    Give it time

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-01-2016), lizann (10-01-2016), tammyy2j (11-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Give it time
    I agree that Leanne and Zeedan have very noticeable chemistry but am pleased the writers have resisted going there for now (though that might not last!). I think one father/son relationship (Danny and Jamie Baldwin) is enough for Leanne for one lifetime!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (10-01-2016), Perdita (10-01-2016)

it is time he got some i suppose as alya has got hers

I also thought the same

About time Zeedan got some lady action I say. I don't get why so many people dislikes the Nazir family. Yeah Zeedan use to be a bit stuffy but he's coming out of his shell recently and Yasmeen is a delight.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to olivia1896 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by olivia1896 View Post
    About time Zeedan got some lady action I say. I don't get why so many people dislikes the Nazir family. Yeah Zeedan use to be a bit stuffy but he's coming out of his shell recently and Yasmeen is a delight.
    I like the Nazirs and agree Zeedan has massively improved recently. He's a lot better off not being stuck in the gym. The only one I don't think works is Alya (sorry parkerman!).

The news of Zeedan's love interest is going to disappoint some fans who were hoping he'd get together with Todd.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 12-01-2016 at 01:51.

Coronation Street will introduce newcomer Rana next week and she immediately catches the eye of Zeedan Nazir.

Rana, played by Bhavna Limbachia, will turn up in Weatherfield to catch up with her old university friend Alya.

Zeedan's attraction to Rana is evident to all, but luckily it seems as if his feelings will be reciprocated.

Rana is being lined up as a new love interest for Zeedan, but she will also make an immediate impression on several of the male locals.

Discussing Rana previously, producer Stuart Blackburn said: "She is sharp, funny, utterly gorgeous and not a little manipulative.

"She's a girl who likes to get her own way and when she sets her sights on something, or someone... well, Zeedan better have his wits about him!"

Zeedan takes a shine to Rana
    © ITV

Alya meets up with her old uni friend Rana
    © ITV
    Coronation Street will air Rana's first scenes on Friday, February 19 on ITV.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-02-2016)

she acts and looks more older than alya, even flirting with alya's grandfather

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-03-2016), tammyy2j (10-03-2016)

Thread Information