Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Home and Away Spoilers 2016

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is Denny's mother alive, will she make the funeral?
    Yes, Denny's mum is alive tammyy2j. (AUST PACE) The last time she was mentioned was when Leah asked Zac if he had spoken to Denny's mum & if so, did she know when the funeral was going to be. Zac said that he had spoken to her & she said the funeral would probably be delayed given Zac & Leah's impending wedding. Initially they wanted to postpone the wedding, but Evie convinces them that Denny would have wanted it to go ahead, so it was decided "the show must go on" - which it did!

As for the funeral, I know there is a spoiler/rumour around that there will be one, but I haven't seen any actual pictures/stories etc around of it (say, like there was before Casey's funeral). That doesn't mean there won't be one of course, but I am not sure whether we will actually get to see it. I would have thought that Denny's mum would want to have the funeral near where she lives, rather than have it in SB?? The rumour about there being a funeral could have come about due to that photo we saw some time ago of Ash in a black suit talking to Billie (this was the first time we knew for sure that Billie was returning). Whether he was wearing the suit because of the funeral remains to be seen. There was also a photo of Evie & Josh around recently, with them down at the beach both wearing black. Some have said it was for Denny's funeral, but to me that photo looks like it could have been taken previously at the wake after Casey's funeral (but I may well be wrong!!). Having said all that, I hope we do get to see Denny's funeral.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-01-2016), H&A FAN (09-01-2016), lizann (10-01-2016), TaintedLove (10-01-2016), tammyy2j (18-01-2016)

TV Week article about the rumoured leaving of 6 characters this year. TV Week are playing a bit of catch-up here as most/all of this story is stuff we have already read in other articles/posts, including Dan Bennett's resignation etc:

FACING THE AXE
    WITH SIX HOME AND AWAY CHARACTERS RUMOURED TO HAVE BEEN KILLED OFF, WHO'S LEAVING SUMMER BAY?

Hold on to your Speedos - there are rumours Home And Away could farewell up to 6 characters in 2016!
    And, according to reports, one person set to be snuffed out in a massacre storyline is Ricky (Bonnie Sveen).
    However, Channel Seven has denied the speculation, telling TV Week rumours Bonnie is on the way out aren't true.
    We do know Ricky's former beau Brax (Stephen Peacocke) will return to the Bay. At least one Fan site has suggested Ricky will leave the Bay with him.
    Also among those said to be chopped are Pia Miller, who plays Policewoman Katarina Chapman, and Kyle Pryor, who plays hunky Doc Nate Cooper.
    The reports have upset the show's creatives, with Script Executive Dan Bennett taking to Twitter to vent his anger about a magazine article.
    "(The story) is complete BS on every level," he says. "Not a word of truth in it."
    Interestingly, Dan later announced on Twitter he'd since quit the Drama.
    Bonnie herself is quoted in the story as saying the show is facing "a big shake-up" as "quite a few people are leaving".
    Others rumoured to be going include Evie (Philippa Northeast), Oscar (Jake Speer) & Josh (Jackson Gallagher).
    "Josh will be the happiest he's ever been, but we'll also see him the saddest he's ever been", Jackson, 25, tells TV Week. "It's pretty epic."
    And, Kyle (Nic Westaway), might be on the way out, with a site posting a commemorative photo plaque that reads: "Nic Westaway as Kyle Braxton/Episodes 5578-6408/Home And Away/Seven Network Operations." Supposing the plaque is genuine, Kyle's final moments would air in April."

The article also has photos attached of the following characters with these captions:
    Brax - Will Brax be leaving Summer Bay for good?
    Evie - Shock exit?
    Josh - Walks out?
    Kat - Time's up?
    Kyle - Broken heart?
    Ricky - Killed?
    Oscar - Contract up?
    Nate - Already gone?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-01-2016), SoapsJSK (13-01-2016)

The only character I'd really miss from that list is Kyle. I think we can be almost certain he's leaving whatever the truth of these rumours.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (12-01-2016), Perdita (12-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Hello Bob

Before you continue using the boards, please read the rules. One of them is about using text talk and an other is about rudeness. Please familiarize yourself with them

Thank you
    Ok but I would like to stop being personally victimized and bullied by the like button solely for posting my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherboy View Post
    The article also has photos attached of the following characters with these captions:
    Brax - Will Brax be leaving Summer Bay for good?
    Evie - Shock exit?
    Josh - Walks out?
    Kat - Time's up?
    Kyle - Broken heart?
    Ricky - Killed?
    Oscar - Contract up?
    Nate - Already gone?
    Ricky leaves happily with Brax - unless there was something filmed at the studio where they both die, they're both safe
    Evie was seen filming yesterday, so she's fine
    Josh was seen filming yesterday, too
    Kat was seen yesterday
    Kyle is all but confirmed to have already left
    Mentioned above, Ricky leaves happily with Brax
    Oscar hasn't been filming recently, but since he's Evie's twin I find it weird they wouldn't end their contracts at the same time. Unless they wanted Oscar to go away to uni or w/e and have Evie show a SL without her twin, then I'm not too sure. He was last seen filming in September tho
    Nate is 50/50, he hasn't been seen filming since Ricky left (granted, that's only about 2 weeks due to the break), but the introduction of the new doctor can be seen as a small hint he plans on leaving and they called in a replacement. There's also an interview with Kyle where he says, he has something with work coming up, implying Nate could be getting a promotion, being transferred to another hospital and leaving (that's literally my pure spec tho)

Surprised they didn't mention Hannah, since her, Oscar and Nate are the ones we aren't too sure about right now. Everyone else listed seems to have stability on the show without being "axed" or killed.
    That said, I'm still pretty sure the "massacre" spoiler is BS. I mean, yes, obviously a lot of people are going to be leaving the show, that happens every year (2015 said farewell to Sasha, Denny, Brax, Spencer, Jett, and even Marilyn to an extent). Not including Marilyn, that's only 5 characters who left (and main characters at that), which is only one less than who are being "axed" this year. Out of the list of potential axed characters, Oscar and Hannah were last seen filming in September, meaning their "final" (if they are leaving) wont air until ~March/April (late Feb at the earliest). Other than that, Maddie was last seen filming in December, so "final" scenes wont air until probably ~April/June (late March at the easiest). My memory could be wrong, but I believe Kyle's last episode is April 20th. And that just leaves Nate to be the only other one "rumored" to have left.

Ricky is the only tricky one left. Her exit scene was filmed in 2 parts, they filmed her exit with Brax when Steve was on set late last year, but archived the scenes, and then Ricky filmed her Palm Beach exit in December. Looking at the scenes, there's a pic with Kyle and Brax (http://www.womansday.com.au/entertai...mmer-bay-13584), which was the same day the Brax/Ricky "drive off into the sunset" happens, which suggests that Ricky actually leaves before Kyle - though the outfits do not match. In the one with Kyle and Brax, Brax is wearing a blue tee, and Ricky a green top, in the "sunset drive", Brax has a white striped shirt, and Ricky has a yellow check top. But the timing of Bonnie filming her farewell scenes in December suggests she wont leave until ~May. But since we all but know Kyle is leaving, I think April 20? And Ricky is leaving most likely, I'd say she leaves before Kyle. So either what happens is, Brax returns in 2 parts, one where he returns at the start of this year, meets Kyle again, explains himself, goes off to clear his name or w/e, then "returns" a few months later (returns on screen a few months later, but the scenes were filmed at the same time), and then leaves with Ricky. Or Kyle leaves and then Brax comes back to see how Ricky's doing or something, and they decide to leave to be with Kyle. Idk it's confusing to find a clear window of what time her character will be leaving based on the sporadic filming of her scenes. She either leaves in April shortly before/after Kyle, or leaves sometime mid-late May.

So now we have all characters that have a chance at leaving in the first few months of 2016. Then looking at that, until June, there's a potential for 6 characters (wow coincidence!! the same amount trashy womens day reported to have been "axed" !!11!!) to have left (2 of which are confirmed). Looking back on 2015, by June, we'd already lost Sasha and Spencer, Brax left in June, and Jett leaving on July 1st, which isn't that far off from June. From filming now, they're probably up to early June/mid-late May episodes, and roughly the same amount of people have "left" from this year the same as last.
    And if you want to look back at 2014, we lost a grand total of 5 characters - Casey, Heath, Bianca, Harvey and Tamara. Not sure when they left - all I know is Casey left in September, and I believe he was the last to have left, meaning the other 4 all left before September. September is only 2 months later than June, losing 4 characters in 8 months isn't that much of a difference to losing 6 characters in 5 IMO.

Really the "massacre" is just the media over sensationalising the show to try make out something big is going to happen, when it most likely isn't. Actors are still going to leave the show which isn't anything out of the ordinary, but they're not going to leave in one big SL, they're going to leave periodically as per usual based on filming.

TL;DR - most likely a lot of characters will leave this year, but it wont be in a massacre story line. They'll all leave periodically like they do every year (whether their character dies or moves away), the end. The massacre is BS. It's probably a metaphor for the culling of a lot of characters, which I still think is BS. I think the actors chose to leave, not fired because they didn't click well with the audience.
    A lot of it also comes down to pure spec and pattern watching.
    Most actors when they join Home and Away sign 3 years contracts (evident by Johnny saying he signed a new contract, Nic saying his was coming up for renewal and had to make a decision, Alec saying he signed a 3 year contract and it was an "honor"; Johnny and Alec joining the show in 2013, which equals 3 years to 2016, and Nic joining the show in 2012, meaning this is 4 years, but he did say mid-late last year his contract renewal was coming up, so most likely his wsa 3 years too, and he extended it by a few months). Looking at the current cast list, 13 of the 25 main characters joined the show in 2013 (more than half - plus I just got the list of Wikipedia, which still lists Jett, but I'm p sure he's gone now, so really it should be 13/24). So yeah, given the huge amount of cast who joined the show in 2013, and the known fact that most Home and Away contracts start around 3 years, it wouldn't take a genius to figure out a lot of characters would probably be leaving this year.
    Last edited by bobdaoeach; 14-01-2016 at 05:31.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bobdaoeach For This Useful Post:

lyndapym (21-01-2016)

PRESTO have put out an extended promo titled "Home And Away Sneak Peak" (about 10-12 minutes long) of some of the storylines coming up in early 2016 (Aust) including 5 minutes of the year's first episode. Not sure if Channel 7 will show any of this before Feb 1 or if it can be found anywhere else online so this is a summary for those that won't be able to see it.

SPOILER ALERT!! SPOILER ALERT! (Please don't read on if you don't want to know)

It starts off with the same promo we have been seeing in Aust i.e. Nate proposing to Ricky at Zac & Leah's wedding + Phoebe telling Ricky (in her flat) that Brax is still alive etc..

- Then the new promo starts with Irene saying to Nate something like "are you worried Ricky is going to choose Brax over you?".
    - Ricky sees Brax for the first time (at her place). She runs out into the backyard where she is a bit overcome & is not happy. She says to Brax "how could you do this to me!" Etc.
    - They are back in the flat when Nate knocks on the door. Brax hides in the bathroom at first, then we see Nate talking with Ricky & then Brax comes out of the bathroom & Nate sees him (with a shocked look on his face of course!)

- Next we see new character Isla (Samantha Jade) in scenes with Kyle. It seems she has roped him into something dodgy. She must have asked him for money at some stage as we see him saying to her that he can't get that kind of cash, but she tells him that he has to get it somehow. We see Kyle wrestling with some "thug" (I think outside the surf club). Then it appears that Kyle & Isla have broken in to some place & a worried Kyle says "we have to leave now", but she refuses to go yet. Next it looks like a "Swat" team raid the place with guns at the ready. (Will this be Kyle's exit story i.e. will he be caught & go to jail?).

- We see Dylan (the detective) arrive. Given their past (he is Kat's abusive ex), Kat asks him if he took on the Charlotte murder case because of her. He apologises for what happened in the past & wants to put it behind them.
    - Later we see Kat saying to him that "there is no us" & he should go back to the city, but he basically says that she is stuck with him till the case is solved.
    - We see Morag (she is back - as we have seen on another thread) say to Dylan something like "when I prove my client is innocent, you will be thrown off the force!" (I think she may represent Zac? Or maybe Hunter?).
    - The voiceover says "They all have a motive - one of them did it - but who?". We then see snippets of Zac & then Ash being formally interviewed by the police. Then the police are about to search the Braxton house while Andy & a couple of the others are there.
    - Kyle is interviewed by the police & Dylan tells him that they found his fingerprints on Charlotte's phone.
    - Irene & then Hunter are seen being interviewed & maybe Hunter will be charged as they show him standing against a wall, holding one of those little black boards with his name etc on it, being photographed by the police.
    - We see Kat in uniform at her desk at the station, turn & say "we have a match!"
    - On screen they show the words "One of your favourites is a killer".

Five minutes of this year's first episode:
    - it begins after Phoebe (& Ash) tells Ricky about Brax (in last year's finale). Ricky is angry & tells them both to get out. Phoebe & Ash argue over who is to blame (i.e. Ash tells Phoebe she shouldn't have told Ricky & Phoebe says she had a right to know etc)
    - At Irene's place, Nate has just told Irene that he & Ricky are engaged. He is about to go & see Ricky to celebrate when she phones him & says not to come over because she is sick (this is the same scene that was in Eye for an Eye).
    - Ash again tries to explain to Ricky about Brax & why he didn't tell her sooner, but she is still not happy.
    - Kyle finds out about Brax from Ash & Phoebe. Ash tries to explain, but Kyle is angry & says he should have told him straight away.

- Irene has taken off her jacket/cardigan after she realises there is a hole in it/a button is missing (she went for a walk earlier that evening).She puts it in a garbage bag, but when she goes outside to dispose of it, Olivia returns to tell her Hunter has left town.
    - Irene goes with Olivia to tell Zac & the others that Hunter has taken off. Olivia says he was hitchhiking out of town & got into a BMW which drove away. While they are talking, Hunter texts Zac to say he had to get away for a while. Zac tries to ring him, but has to leave a voicemail.

- We see back at the beach/pool Charlotte's body floating to the surface! The promo we saw after last year's finale is shown i.e. that 10 different endings were filmed & the actors don't know who did it etc etc.
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 17-01-2016 at 12:17.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-01-2016), lizann (17-01-2016), lyndapym (21-01-2016), Perdita (17-01-2016), TaintedLove (18-01-2016), wells (18-01-2016)

Wow! Thanks for typing all that out Pantherboy!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (17-01-2016), Pantherboy (17-01-2016)

why would irene kill charlotte

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (23-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    If Irene is the killer, then could it be because she was on the grog again and didn`t know what she had done?

I still think Charlottes death is linked to Gunno..... one of his paid henchmen perhaps?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (23-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    AUST PACE. In last year's finale we saw a host of characters get set up with motives to be possible murder suspects (eg Ash, Zac, Andy, Kyle, Oscar etc etc etc). In Irene's case, she does get on the grog at the wedding, as TaintedLove has suggested, & Chris has to take her home (which is another story!!). But later that evening, when she has somewhat sobered up, Olivia comes home & tells her that the police believe Charlotte killed Denny. Irene says "That woman has ruined so many lives. She deserves a lot worse than jail, that's for sure." She tells Olivia she is going for a walk. Olivia offers to go with her, but Irene says she wants to be by herself. As she is leaving, Hunter arrives to tell Olivia he is leaving town. Later on, after the scene when Charlotte gets shot, we briefly see Irene walking along near the beach in a bit of a daze, with a hole in her jacket. Also, in an earlier episode we saw Irene have a confrontation with Charlotte at the Diner (& Charlotte abuses her in front of people) after Irene has evicted her from the flat after Charlotte is sacked as a teacher for her affair with a student/Matt. All this is to set up a reason/motive for Irene to be included on the possible suspect list, but I think we all know/can be pretty certain that Irene didn't do it!!
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 22-01-2016 at 09:28.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-01-2016), lizann (24-01-2016), Perdita (22-01-2016), TaintedLove (23-01-2016)

Thread Information