Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: The Morgan Brothers: Justin, Brody & Mason

Digital Spy article:

Home and Away hints main character will be framed for murder
    Justin was put behind bars, but is he the culprit?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...ie-mcallister/

Major Home and Away spoilers follow from recent Australian episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

A new trailer for Home and Away has teased that Justin Morgan will be arrested for the murder of Susie McAllister. But is he really the culprit or is he being framed?

In episodes airing on Australian TV next week, police find Susie's phone in Justin's car. Though he denies ever having seen it, the evidence looks pretty damning so they arrest him and put him behind bars.

ustin claims that he is being set up, though he has now been struggling with a painkiller addiction for months which has made him erratic and violent. But is he capable of killing Susie?

While he is definitely not lacking a motive, seeing that before she disappeared Susie conned Justin and Leah out of their life's savings, the police are not the only one who believe he might have actually done it.

"All it takes is a seed of doubt," says the voiceover as the trailer seems to indicate this seed might come in the form of Stephen, who has recently gotten closer to Leah, and with Justin now locked away, he is seen making his move as well as convincing Leah that her boyfriend is no good.

"We've both seen what he's capable of," Stephen tells Leah in the new promo.

It's clear that Stephen is pretty sure about who killed Susie, but could he have been the one who frames Justin in retaliation for the beating he suffered by Justin for getting it on with Leah?

The trailer also shows Leah finding a bag of money and a laptop, which seems to belong to Susie, promising that she's about to uncover the truth.

Will she find out who the real killer is? And will it end her relationship with Justin?

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia). Selected classic episodes are available via Amazon Prime Video in the UK.

Digital Spy article:

Home and Away's Leah Patterson-Baker to doubt Justin Morgan in murder mystery storyline
    What will this mean for their relationship?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...morgan-murder/

Home and Away spoilers follow for UK viewers.

Home and Away's Leah Patterson-Baker is set to doubt her partner Justin Morgan as the soap's Susie McAllister murder mystery storyline continues.

In scenes scheduled to air this week in Australia and towards the beginning of August in the UK, Justin (James Stewart), who has been struggling with his painkiller addiction, will be seen attempting to detox.

While supportive Leah (Ada Nicodemou) tries to comfort Justin, it's not long before he loses his cool and lashes out Leah (Ada Nicodemou) as he starts destroying everything in sight.

It's too much for Leah, who ends up fleeing the scene amid the chaos of Justin's reaction.

Later on, things go from bad to worse for Justin when he's pulled over by the police. During their search, the officers discover a broken phone in his car that looks to link him to con-artist Susie's death.

Justin is arrested and taken to the station for questioning, where Detective Amy (Lisa Flanagan) turns the heat up and pressures Justin to confess to Susie's murder.

"Justin has no idea how the smashed phone got there," Stewart explained to TV Week recently. "He believes he's innocent."

Justin's addiction has made him erratic and violent in recent months, but does that mean he's capable of killing Susie?

Elsewhere, Leah admits to Roo (Georgie Parker) and Marilyn (Emily Symons) that she has her own doubts about Justin, admitting that, in his current state, she believes he is capable of killing someone.

What will her confession mean for their relationship going forward? Does it signal the beginning of the end?

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia). Selected classic episodes are available via Amazon Prime Video in the UK.

Nowtolove.com.au article:

EXCLUSIVE: James Stewart on becoming a ''monster'' and watching Home And Away with his daughter Scout
    ''We'll have an ice-cream afterwards and chill out.''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...and-away-68240

James Stewart has been through hell.

He's been arrested twice, lied to his partner and threatened his friends ? all the result of a crippling painkiller addiction so severe he once tried to fish crushed up pills out of a drainpipe clogged with hair, dirt and goodness knows what else.

No-one ever said living in Summer Bay was easy. And for the Home And Away star, playing his character Justin's devastating downward spiral in recent weeks took an emotion, physical and mental toll.

But life always had a way of bringing him back to reality.

"I'd spend at least an hour washing off the day straight away at work," James, 45 tells TV WEEK of playing the emotional scenes.

"Then I'd get home to (daughter) Scout and have to make the Jasmine doll pretend to be Rapunzel. Your priorities shift and very quickly life's about broccoli and carrots and playing with the toy panda."

Having played Justin Morgan on HAA for five years, James is used to intense story arcs ? last year Justin had a life-threatening tumour on his back. But this was different.

"I put everything into this," he says of Justin's pill addiction story arc, which stemmed from a surfing accident."

As an audience member, you watch someone going into hospital and you feel for them and you're watching someone being vulnerable. But this (addiction) storyline leaves room for audiences not to like you.

That's a really hard thing to do, especially in this gig.

"I know so many actors that would love to run up the beach with a perfect six pack with a girl in a bikini a surfboard under their arm. But I love doing the dark kinds of things."

James' says his own experience with prescription medicine is pretty minimal. He broke his arm skateboarding as a teenager and had to get a local anaesthetic.

"I don't dig it," he says of painkillers. Inspired by one of his favourite actors, Heath Ledger's work in Candy and Leonard DiCaprio in Basketball Diaries, James worked hard with the writers, series producer Lucy Addario and co-star Ada Nicodemou to bring an authenticity to the addition arc.

In short, James was "proud" to become some kind of "monster" on screen. He has a favourite quote from Canadian singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen, famous for his song "Hallelujah", which says, "There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."

"It's OK to be ugly, it's OK to have cracks," James says. "That's why I'm proud of this storyline. Sure, I may have got a word or shot wrong, but I was proud of my approach to it. And I'll be able to tell my daughter, it's OK."

Scout, James' nine-year-old daughter he shares with former fianc?e, actress Jessica Marais, is old enough to watch dad in Home And Away, and old enough to start asking questions about what he's doing up on screen.
    At the time of interview, Scout was yet to see her father's bad behaviour on TV, but he's prepared for what happens when she does. "I know Scout is going to say to me, 'Dad what's happening there?'" James says.

"I'm then going to be able to bring up a bunch of topics like unhealthy use of medication, unhealthy relationships, lying. And the great thing is, we'll have an ice-cream afterwards and chill out."

Sometimes James will get home from work to find Scout watching HAA with his mum or with wife, former co-star Sarah Roberts. "She closes her eyes at the kissing scenes," James says of Scout.

"But she really watches it and I've taken her on the set quite a few times and she's really starting to take a shine to drama and TV."

And she's showing a real interest in storytelling.

"What she's saying is, 'Watch me read this story about this kid who is scared of a snake, see me be scared'," he says.

"When she's being scared she puts two hands under her chin and shakes them like she's blowing wind under chin and I'm like, 'Is that scared acting?' And she says, 'Yes dad! Urgh!"

But acting and performance isn't all she's keen on, with Scout also getting a kick out of karate, swimming and now science ("It's a massive deal"). James wants her to "love everything".

Scout is growing up fast, whether James likes it or not. That can have surprising benefits.

"After a while, they start helping," he laughs. Yet James is very aware that as an only child, Scout has "spent a fair bit of time around adults".

As such, her perception of the world and the way she converses is perhaps a little different to some other children, James adds.

"She's had to grow up quickly," he says. "I'm trying my hardest to let her be a kid. Sarah helps me with that. I suppose I might have been a strict single parent because I was a bit worried (about Scout). But Sarah's put this great ease into how the family runs. She makes it so easy to be a part of. It's so beautiful. We're loving life here."

Interestingly, while James' character Justin might have perfected lying to Leah, James is not so lucky with Sarah. "Some mornings, I'll say, 'See if you can tell my lie face'," James reveals.

"As husband and wife, you get to really know someone. And Sarah will say, 'I know when you do this, it means you're probably going to watch footy with the boys. She can really identify my different types of grins." Sounds like a happy marriage.

DS article:

Home and Away's Justin Morgan sabotages Lyrik with blunder
    "The band's going to kill me."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...botages-lyrik/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Tuesday's Australian episode (September 20), which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away's Justin Morgan has sparked a possible career setback for Lyrik.

Recent episodes in Australia have seen Justin take over as manager of the four-piece group, who had been struggling to deal with the admin responsibilities of their music careers.

The opening for a managerial position worked out perfectly for Justin, who had been eager to play some role in the band's success for some time.

In Tuesday's episode on Channel 7 in Australia, Justin overplayed his hand while trying to secure the best possible deals for Lyrik.

Justin felt out of his depth while negotiating with venues over suitable fees for Lyrik, so he sought advice from his no-nonsense partner Leah Patterson over how to be more assertive.

After listening to Leah's tips, Justin ambushed Mackenzie Booth at Salt and insisted on upping Lyrik's fee for future gigs.

Although Theo, Eden, Remi and Kirby have been travelling for various concerts, a significant chunk of their income relies on their regular appearances at Salt.

In a tense exchange, Justin pointed out that Lyrik's profile has increased significantly since Mac first started showcasing them, so he argued that a fee increase was appropriate.

Mac was unimpressed that Justin was hassling her at work without scheduling an official meeting, so she rebuffed his sloppy negotiating efforts.

The following day, Justin returned to Mac and forced her to concede that she has no ongoing contract with Lyrik. He then demanded a 20% increase in their future payments for gigs.

Later, Justin reported back to Leah once more, admitting that his plans had backfired yet again.

Justin explained: "I overplayed my hand. Mac has cancelled all future Lyrik gigs at Salt. The band's going to kill me."

Can Justin salvage the situation before Lyrik find out?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in October.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (21-09-2022)

DS article:

Home and Away's Justin Morgan unfairly blamed for road horror
    A Summer Bay disaster weighs on his conscience.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...-morgan-crash/

Home and Away has left Justin Morgan in turmoil over a terrible accident that wasn't his fault.

The Summer Bay soap has returned to screens in Australia this week, resolving the big cliffhanger which took place on the day of Felicity Newman and Tane Parata's wedding.

When the show went off air in Australia in November, Eden Fowler was unwittingly driving Felicity to the ceremony in a damaged vehicle.

Felicity's brother Cash had presented her with their late father's old ute as a touching surprise, believing that it would make the perfect wedding car.

Unfortunately, a criminal associate working for biker gang member Tex Wheeler sabotaged the brakes on the car on the eve of the ceremony. The dangerous group were targeting Cash, expecting him to be the one who was driving Felicity.

In this week's return scenes, Eden and Felicity found themselves on a collision course with Justin and his partner Leah Patterson in the road.

With Eden unable to brake, a huge crash took place which left lives hanging in the balance.

While Felicity, Leah and Justin all made it through relatively unscathed, Eden's future was left uncertain when doctors warned that she could have a permanent brain injury and may never regain consciousness.

As tempers boiled over at the hospital, Cash was quick to blame Justin for the road disaster, pointing out that he'd worked on the ute at the garage in preparation for the wedding.

Although Justin was baffled over what could have gone so wrong, he was unable to defend himself as he questioned his own professional competence.

Justin later told Leah's nephew Theo Poulos: "The ute's brakes failed. All these people are hurt because the brakes on the car that I fixed failed. It's my fault."

Theo advised Justin to allow the police to investigate before jumping to conclusions, telling him: "Let them do their job and stop beating yourself up. If they have any questions, you will answer them."

Will the police figure out that the brakes were tampered with, or will Justin continue to be blamed?

Meanwhile, with everyone unaware that Tex's gang still posed a sinister threat, those responsible for the crash vowed to regroup and switch to a mysterious "Plan B" after missing their intended target.

The gang want revenge on Cash after he fatally shot their leader Marty in self-defence last year. Is Cash still in danger?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in March.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (11-01-2023)

DS article. A recast Ava returns:

Home and Away confirms return for Justin Morgan's daughter Ava
    What has prompted her unexpected return?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...-daughter-ava/

Home and Away spoilers follow.

Home and Away has confirmed that Justin Morgan's estranged daughter Ava Gilbert will be returning to Summer Bay.

According to TV Week, Ava will make an unexpected appearance in the Bay, with her sights seemingly set on Theo Poulos after his band Lyrik's success. The role has also been recast, with Annabel Wolfe taking over the role from Grace Thomas and Alice Roberts.

Explaining her character's storyline, Wolfe said it will be relatable for fathers and daughters, as Justin gets to grips with their relationship after so much time apart.

"I think this is what makes Ava and Justin's storyline so relatable to many father-daughter relationships out there, and therefore beautiful to watch," she said.

"Until now, Ava has appeared on the show only as a 'little girl' or at a stage of pre-adolescence. Justin quickly realises how much she's grown up in his absence ? not only physically, but mentally."

She continued: "This change creates barriers between them as they struggle to communicate and understand one another."

The scenes are set to air this week in Australia, meaning there will be a few weeks' wait before UK viewers get to meet Ava again.

Wolfe also teased that there is more to Ava's reappearance than she initially lets on, with a seemingly innocent crush being the reason she has left her mother for Summer Bay.

Explaining that Ava will bring drama with her, she added: "Ava's return will bring chaos to Justin's life, as he's forced to deal with the rebellion of a resentful daughter."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (14-02-2023)

Nowtolove.com.au article:

''I'm leaving'': Ava drives a wedge between Justin and Leah on Home and Away
    ''I'm leaving.''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...and-theo-77032

In Home and Away this week, tensions rise between Leah and Justin after Justin's daughter Ava's actions force her nephew Theo to move out.

Theo (Matt Evans) opts to go and live with his girlfriend Kirby (Angelina Thompson) to put space between himself and Ava (Annabel Wolfe) after it was revealed the teenager is his online stalker. Meanwhile, Theo's absence causes Ava to lash out at those around her.

''As soon as her dad found out [about her obsession with Theo], the stakes are raised dramatically,'' Annabel, 20, tells TV WEEK.

''Ava struggles with issues of abandonment, trust and what it means to love or be loved. Her initial distance and defensiveness come from exactly this place: at the core of everything she simply wants to be loved by her dad.''

Justin (James Stewart) tries to bond with his daughter, hoping she'll simply forget about Theo and life will return to normal.

But Leah (Ada Nicodemou) can see through her good-girl act and is furious that her partner can't.

The truth is, Justin doesn't want to. He'll forever feel guilty for not being in her life enough and knows nothing he can do will make up for it.

''Justin is aware of how much his daughter has grown up in his absence,'' Annabel says.

''This change, both physical and mental, creates barriers as they struggle to communicate and understand one another.''

Just as they begin to find a rhythm, Leah rams home the truth about Ava's wild behaviour when Roo (Georgie Parker) hands over sultry photos of her wearing Theo's shirts.

In a heated exchange, Leah orders her partner to control his daughter ? and until he can, she's going to stay at Roo's.

Justin says he's in too deep and begs Leah to stay, but she's already packing her bags...

DS article:

Home and Away's Justin Morgan to face jail threat in new storyline
    His actions come back to haunt him.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...n-jail-threat/

Home and Away spoilers follow for Australian pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away's Justin Morgan is arrested and charged with grievous bodily harm in this week's Australian episodes.

Justin is forced to face the music after a major misunderstanding involving his troublesome daughter Ava Gilbert.

A recent storyline on air in Australia saw Ava do a runner from Summer Bay as she struggled with the heartbreak of being rejected by Theo Poulos.

Ava has become obsessed with Theo due to his new-found fame as the lead singer of Lyrik. This led to her bombarding him with messages, sending him gifts and posting up pictures online which falsely portrayed herself as Theo's girlfriend.

When Theo lost patience with Ava and made it clear that they'd never be together, she responded by getting into a van with a stranger and leaving the Bay.

Monday's episode (March 20) saw Ava's manipulation continue when she realised that everyone was worried about her.

Although the guy who'd picked Ava up kept encouraging her to go home, she sent a misleading message to Theo which made out that she was being held against her will.

Ava also sent her location to Theo, hoping that he'd come rushing to the rescue.

This backfired when Justin came looking for Ava instead and started brutally beating up the guy that she was with, despite his daughter's desperate protests for him to stop.

In Tuesday's episode on Channel 7 (March 21), local policeman Cash Newman arrives on the scene and arrests Justin for assault.

When Justin is taken to the police station, he's told that he's being formally charged with 'assault occasioning grievous bodily harm'. The accusation is serious and could lead to Justin spending time in prison.

Ava bitterly regrets her actions, now seeing how her lies have spiralled out of control.

Ava admits: "Dad's going to jail and it's all my fault."

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in May.

EDIT:

And:

Home and Away reveals first look at Justin Morgan's dramatic arrest scene
    He faces an uncertain future.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...st-first-look/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 21-03-2023 at 21:01.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (23-03-2023)

Nowtolove.com.au article (2nd part of the article):

"Goodbye, Dad!": After a troubled stay, Ava decides to leave

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...tionship-77244

With a court date looming and the prospect of watching her father go to jail a real possibility, teenager Ava agrees to leave Summer Bay and return home.

Ava (Annabel Wolfe) has created trouble since she arrived and set her sights on Theo (Matt Evans). But her manipulation went too far and caused her father, Justin (James Stewart), to attack an innocent man after she led him to believe she was being assaulted.

When her lie was revealed to be nothing more than a ploy to reach Theo, it was too late.

''On the surface, it seemed as if she was running away from her heartbreak and Theo,'' Annabel tells TV WEEK.

''Yet at the core, I believe it was a final, desperate plea for her father's love.''

A guilty Ava refuses to leave the Bay, but Leah (Ada Nicodemou) is resolute: Justin can't focus on his legal fight if he's still trying to protect her.

In a heartfelt goodbye, Justin realises this may be the last time he sees her before he goes to jail.

And:

Home and Away to air emotional new Justin and Ava scenes
    Justin risks landing in jail.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...in-ava-scenes/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 03-04-2023 at 22:05.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (02-04-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away fuels Justin Morgan jail fears as big story continues
    Will he be sent to prison?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...an-jail-fears/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian-pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has teased an uncertain future for Justin Morgan following his recent shock arrest.

Justin is facing the possibility of jail time after brutally attacking a man in a misunderstanding over his teenage daughter Ava Gilbert.

The storyline began last month on Australian screens as Ava pretended that she was being held against her will by a stranger.

Ava was looking for attention from Theo Poulos after becoming obsessed with the Lyrik lead singer. However, Justin came to the rescue instead of Theo ? and immediately lashed out at the man that Ava had falsely accused.

Wednesday's triple bill of episodes in Australia (April 5) saw Justin continue to fear the worst after legal advice that a prison sentence is likely.

Justin's victim has complained of consequences on his physical and mental health following the attack, so the chances of a lenient punishment aren't looking good.

Needing everything in place in case he's sent to jail, Justin told Theo, John Palmer and Alf Stewart that he'd have to sell the garage if he wasn't around to run it.

Justin also asked Theo to move back home to take care of his aunt Leah Patterson. Theo previously moved out of the family home and in with his girlfriend Kirby Aramoana, wanting to avoid Ava at the height of her scheming.

Theo protested that Justin was being overly pessimistic, but Justin stressed the importance of having all the appropriate plans in place.

Meanwhile, first-look footage from next week's Australian episodes has suggested that Theo's testimony in court could work against Justin.

Although Theo is determined to defend Justin, he gets tripped up under the pressure of the case.

Theo tells Leah: "I stuffed it up. I said that Ava had a pattern of dishonesty and Justin should have known better than to listen to her cry for help."

Is it the end for Justin's time in the Bay?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in May.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (07-04-2023)

Thread Information