Page 286 of 1453 FirstFirst ... 1862362762842852862872882963363867861286 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 14525

Thread: Robert and Aaron

This time last week we would all have been expecting that after the Friday episode tonight the Thread would be absolutely flowing with comments about what everyone was going to be wearing, what they would be eating and drinking what the boys would be saying in their vows and what they would be getting up to after hours on their first night as Husbands after the wedding episodes and what do we get -SILENCE!

It's such a shame that ED have treated their fans this way but let's give them the benefit of the doubt - they may pull something out of the bag at the last minute that makes us all so glad that we stuck with it. After all&have been through some pretty tough times together and have managed to come out of it even stronger and more in love and committed to each other than I'm sure any of us would have imagined when this started back in December 2014.
    So let's all pull together and congratulate them for getting to where they are today and stay positive that one day (hopefully not to long in the future) they will have the legal right to call themselves married - to each other - men. 🍾

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sug-din For This Useful Post:

Fhionnuisce2 (18-02-2017)

I think what people need to remember is they've always had some kind of 'plan' or reasoning behind things even if we've not liked them all. We have to believe that IM has approved a narrative that will become clearer In the coming months because if not then we have to face that maybe he's paying lip service and doesn't really care about Robron despite his claims. I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt especially since he's not given any reason to thus far.

BTW if you've seen my posts somewhere else I am only posting and then running, I don't read anything there just offer my opinion or provide links so if you reply to me there im not ignoring you, I just haven't seen your reply.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to *RG83* For This Useful Post:

Scrapyard Boyfriends.

I love these. Take a look. They are here.

Poor Paddy.
    Last edited by EddyBee; 18-02-2017 at 08:07.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyBee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by *RG83* View Post
    I think what people need to remember is they've always had some kind of 'plan' or reasoning behind things even if we've not liked them all. We have to believe that IM has approved a narrative that will become clearer In the coming months because if not then we have to face that maybe he's paying lip service and doesn't really care about Robron despite his claims. I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt especially since he's not given any reason to thus far.

BTW if you've seen my posts somewhere else I am only posting and then running, I don't read anything there just offer my opinion or provide links so if you reply to me there im not ignoring you, I just haven't seen your reply.
    You're probably right about the plan cos i think they do work out the sls months ahead. That would be ok as there will be plenty of drama which means lots of Robron but the only thing i was upset about as i said in the other place was that this was built up as a wedding when as we know know, as Robert said at the end of last nite, its "not official".

I'm sorry i think ed have misled and cheated. If it been said that Robert has a lovely massive surprise for Aaron or something like that then great but it is just they actually called it a wedding, which means legal husbands. Still, being always positive i suggested a twist yesterday and however unlikely it could still be something like that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fhionnuisce2 For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (18-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Fhionnuisce2 View Post
    You're probably right about the plan cos i think they do work out the sls months ahead. That would be ok as there will be plenty of drama which means lots of Robron but the only thing i was upset about as i said in the other place was that this was built up as a wedding when as we know know, as Robert said at the end of last nite, its "not official".

I'm sorry i think ed have misled and cheated.
    If it been said that Robert has a lovely massive surprise for Aaron or something like that then great but it is just they actually called it a wedding, which means legal husbands. Still, being always positive i suggested a twist yesterday and however unlikely it could still be something like that.
    It's all about this really and it's unacceptable after 5 months of deliberately giving us the wrong impression that there will be a legal wedding, something that we have all wanted for so long. I really want Iain M to be sacked as producer for his conduct.

Had we been treated with respect and told nothing or just been told there would be a commitment ceremony, there would be no bad feeling on my part. In fact I would have been delighted to have a commitment ceremony to look forward to these last few months.

It's such a shame that Emmerdale have done this because what is actually happening in the soap these last few days is good. I really enjoyed last night's episode, especially Aaron's encounter with Faith (though I could do with everyone being a lot kinder to Robert).

Having said all that, I'll just add one more thing now that I am feeling a lot calmer. Yes, we have every right to feel cheesed off and angry but let's remember this is just a soap opera. Let's try to enjoy it for what it is and let's remember that there is always fun to be had somewhere. For example, I laughed out loud yesterday when I was reading comments on DS about how ridiculous Paddy's objections to the non-wedding will be.
    Last edited by EddyBee; 18-02-2017 at 10:31.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyBee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBee View Post
    It's all about this really and it's unacceptable after 5 months of deliberately giving us the wrong impression that there will be a legal wedding, something that we have all wanted for so long. I really want Iain M to be sacked as producer for his conduct.

Had we been treated with respect and told nothing or just been told there would be a commitment ceremony, there would be no bad feeling on my part. In fact I would have been delighted to have a commitment ceremony to look forward to these last few months.

It's such a shame that Emmerdale have done this because what is actually happening in the soap these last few days is good. I really enjoyed last night's episode, especially Aaron's encounter with Faith (though I could do with everyone being a lot kinder to Robert).

Having said all that, I'll just add one more thing now that I am feeling a lot calmer. Yes, we have every right to feel cheesed off and angry but let's remember this is just a soap opera. Let's try to enjoy it for what it is and let's remember that there is always fun to be had somewhere. For example, I laughed out loud yesterday when I was reading comments on DS about how ridiculous Paddy's objections to the non-wedding will be.
    As you see Eddie I haven't been able to help responding to things I think are wrong on the other place and my friend has just told me I need to calm down

Having looked back over the last day or so its interesting that as far as I can make out that there seems to be a difference between how male and female posters see things. That is probably a big generalisation and you cannot always tell

Of course there maybe other divisions but best not to go there at all

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fhionnuisce2 For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (18-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Fhionnuisce2 View Post
    As you see Eddie I haven't been able to help responding to things I think are wrong on the other place and my friend has just told me I need to calm down

Having looked back over the last day or so its interesting that as far as I can make out that there seems to be a difference between how male and female posters see things. That is probably a big generalisation and you cannot always tell

Of course there maybe other divisions but best not to go there at all
    Some are saying in the other place that IanMc has done a bad job, actually I think IanMc has done a good job with Robron, excellent development and his brave move to marry'ish them so I don't agree he hasn't don't a good job.

I think my current confusion/frustration is that the story next week was sold as a wedding NOT a commitment ceremony, now unless there is a surprise we are not aware of I don't know (I think this has been over debated already elsewhere)

Or a nice scenario would be whether Robert will be waiting outside jail for Aaron when he is released with a suit, drags Aaron to the registry office where all his family are waiting and they legally tie the knot - if this is the plan then we get two ceremonies and happy days.

I think lets wait and see how this plays out, regularly people here get upset and the story goes off in another direction so lets give IanMc the benefit of the doubt, if he actually fails then its the time to moan.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paul_Robs For This Useful Post:

*RG83* (18-02-2017), angeldust (18-02-2017), Fhionnuisce2 (18-02-2017), Han_00 (18-02-2017), Sug-din (18-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Robs View Post
    Some are saying in the other place that IanMc has done a bad job, actually I think IanMc has done a good job with Robron, excellent development and his brave move to marry'ish them so I don't agree he hasn't don't a good job.

I think my current confusion/frustration is that the story next week was sold as a wedding NOT a commitment ceremony, now unless there is a surprise we are not aware of I don't know (I think this has been over debated already elsewhere)

Or a nice scenario would be whether Robert will be waiting outside jail for Aaron when he is released with a suit, drags Aaron to the registry office where all his family are waiting and they legally tie the knot - if this is the plan then we get two ceremonies and happy days.

I think lets wait and see how this plays out, regularly people here get upset and the story goes off in another direction so lets give IanMc the benefit of the doubt, if he actually fails then its the time to moan.
    I agree Paul. I can't pretend I wasn't slightly disappointed that they are not going to be legally married at the end of these episodes but I agree that we should let it play out before judging. I think it was RG who said that the legality issue has probably been planned as a plot for the future and I think that's highly likely. I am still massively looking forward to this week's episodes though - I have high hopes and think it will be absolutely lovely.

I also think that Ian Mc has done a good job with them on the whole - I am pleased that he has invested in them as a couple and has made no secret of the fact that he loves them together. I think calling him out on the 'non wedding' issue just yet is a tad harsh as I genuinely think it will be addressed at some point. I do hope so anyway...

*sets up tent in the wait-and-see camp*

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Han_00 For This Useful Post:

angeldust (18-02-2017), Paul_Robs (18-02-2017)

I think it's a bit unfair to judge IM based on this wedding issue. I think the real problem is people judge all too often based on spoilers before they've watched an episode. I've seen people saying things like they don't care about next week now or if it's not legal it's meaningless etc because they're disappointed. Maybe they should watch and then wait and see what happens instead of deciding they hate it already.

We know the 'name' issue is brought up so I presume that would lead to or be a direct result of making things officially legal.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *RG83* For This Useful Post:

angeldust (18-02-2017), Paul_Robs (18-02-2017), Sug-din (18-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Han_00 View Post
    I agree Paul. I can't pretend I wasn't slightly disappointed that they are not going to be legally married at the end of these episodes but I agree that we should let it play out before judging. I think it was RG who said that the legality issue has probably been planned as a plot for the future and I think that's highly likely. I am still massively looking forward to this week's episodes though - I have high hopes and think it will be absolutely lovely.

I also think that Ian Mc has done a good job with them on the whole - I am pleased that he has invested in them as a couple and has made no secret of the fact that he loves them together. I think calling him out on the 'non wedding' issue just yet is a tad harsh as I genuinely think it will be addressed at some point. I do hope so anyway...

*sets up tent in the wait-and-see camp*
    Yes I did suggest that as I don't see any other reason for them not to have a planned a legal wedding from the off. I think issues will arise form the fact it appears Aaron will be attacked for being gay and that the people doing it will see him and Robert when Robert visits. With that in mind I think Aaron will stop allowing Robert to visit and probably Chas/Liv too but for differing reasons. He wont want Chas/Liv to see his struggles and he wont want Robert to see him as it might lead to Robert taking action and making things worse or he might not want to give people reason to attack him for being gay (if he's not visited by a man there's a sort of out of sights out of mind thing).

I think this will lead to problems for all of them, Robert will feel pushed out and in some ways like his relationship is over (no physical contact at all and possibly no communication either would destroy most relationships). Chas would blame Robert for Aaron not only being in prison but having a tougher time than he might while Robert gets to carry on with his life (I stress this is how Chas see it not how it would actually be, as Robert's life is very much in limbo but he can't live like a prisoner himself because he's not one). Who knows with Liv. Could be all sorts of problems for her, alcohol, Sandra, loneliness, worry.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *RG83* For This Useful Post:

angeldust (18-02-2017), Han_00 (19-02-2017)

Thread Information