Page 340 of 1453 FirstFirst ... 2402903303383393403413423503904408401340 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 14525

Thread: Robert and Aaron

Good morning.

Looks like last night's episode has stunned everyone into silence.

Maybe it's a generational thing but I like my soaps to be a little on the 'light' side, especially at 7pm in the evening. I don't mind darker themes for a few episodes, especially when important issues are being raised, but Aaron's present storyline has gone beyond being merely 'darker'. It's gone into the realms of horror, torture and sadism. I've followed and loved the character of Aaron for many years and this sort of thing happening to him and being so graphically portrayed is not for me. It's not what I watch a soapy drama for.

I respect the fact that many of you will disagree with me. It all comes down to personal tastes and choices.

I may watch on Monday as I do not want to get out of touch with the flow of the storyline and I'll just switch off if I find things get too unpleasant.
    Last edited by EddyBee; 04-03-2017 at 11:14.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EddyBee For This Useful Post:

angeldust (04-03-2017), Sug-din (04-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBee View Post
    Good morning.

Maybe it's a generational thing but I like my soaps to be a little on the 'light' side, especially at 7pm in the evening. I don't mind darker themes for a few episodes, especially when important issues are being raised, but Aaron's present storyline has gone beyond being merely 'darker'. It's gone into the realms of horror, torture and sadism. I've followed and loved the character of Aaron for many years and this sort of thing happening to him and being so graphically portrayed is not for me. It's not what I watch a soapy drama for.

I respect the fact that many of you will disagree with me. It all comes down to personal tastes and choices.

I may watch on Monday as I do not want to get out of touch with the flow of the storyline and I'll just switch off if I find things get too unpleasant.
    morning Eddie or maybe afternoon now

I'd say stick with it cos although its bit grim at the moment I just working on thinking that the grimmer it gets then the fluffier and loved up it will be when this is over

I think ed got a bit of shock with reaction to the supposed bex thing (which will turn out to be nothing anyway) and had to tweet to keep fans on board so they will be aware that they can only go so far.

Danny also knows his fans feelings but from his pov as actor this is all meaty stuff that sure to win him awards

actually I thought last nite was not as bad as it could have been and although the end with Jason was horrible when they all went in the cell a lot of it was shaddows and i bet they got their laugh throwing there arms about in the light
    Last edited by Fhionnuisce2; 04-03-2017 at 13:12.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fhionnuisce2 For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (04-03-2017), Sug-din (04-03-2017)

Good morning.

Hi Eddy, I feel the same to be honest. I haven't watched any full episodes at all this week but have been checking here and twitter etc, so I have seen snippets - mainly the visiting scenes with both boys - I've not seen any of the fight scenes, the photos look bad enough!

I know they're highlighting important issues and I'm sure Danny is doing a great job - but I just can't bring myself to watch it! I'll definitely go back and watch full episodes at some point but I'm not sure when.

I think there are quite a few people who feel like us, judging by social media. I'd rather not be made to feel depressed and stressed every evening, I think I'll wait and do it all in one big hit...with a bucket of G&T

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Han_00 For This Useful Post:

Good morning.

It certainly got very lively and quite bizarre on the other thread last night I was going to have an early night but the thread kept me quite entertained I think it just re-enforced why maybe we shouldn't have spoilers because one line spoilers can be blown out of all proportion and brings out the worst in some people

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angeldust For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by angeldust View Post
    It certainly got very lively and quite bizarre on the other thread last night I was going to have an early night but the thread kept me quite entertained I think it just re-enforced why maybe we shouldn't have spoilers because one line spoilers can be blown out of all proportion and brings out the worst in some people
    Thanks for the heads up - I've just been and read through it...very entertaining
    Last edited by Han_00; 04-03-2017 at 14:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Han_00 View Post
    Thank for the heads up - I've just been and read through it...very entertaining
    LOL - it was wasn't it I think the poster in question removed one of her posts where she compared us to One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest and that we give Robron fans a bad name and that we were all a joke Earlier on she said that she was a Robron fan and then proceeded by calling Robert scum and clearly wasn't a Robron fan! This all just stemmed from that one line spoiler of about 5 words

Quote Originally Posted by angeldust View Post

LOL - it was wasn't it I think the poster in question removed one of her posts where she compared us to One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest and that we give Robron fans a bad name and that we were all a joke Earlier on she said that she was a Robron fan and then proceeded by calling Robert scum and clearly wasn't a Robron fan! This all just stemmed from that one line spoiler of about 5 words
    Haha, that's brilliant! I must admit that I observe more than I get involved in in the fandom - it's a great spectator sport across social media

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Han_00 For This Useful Post:

angeldust (04-03-2017)

I am so glad we have this thread, at least everyone on here is up beat and balanced (most of the time).

Well isn't it a depressing storyline, so well acted, dark, intense, upsetting, full of angst and emotion - very hard hitting and very difficult to watch indeed so I think IanMc is doing a good job in its presentation. I also think some of the other stories have been interesting as well so overall ED is quite a good watch although I record and watch later so I can FFWD through adverts and anything that is boring (Jimmy and his silly Rakesh antics).

I have been having technical issues with the DS thread it keeps locking the page and I have to refresh 5/10/20 times before I can scroll up and down and when I am finally able to make it work I have repeat after repeat of moaning about Bex so I think I will avoid that thread and stick to hear so if anyone still does go to the other place and sees something useful (link, URL;s etc) please can you repost here or PM me them - thank you.

Back to the current Robron storyline, we have had lots more Robron than mentioned or expected so although this is clearly about dreadful experiences it is very much about as well and them as a couple which is not what I really expected. I hope IanMc handles the Bex thing properly to avoid damaging his brilliant work with Robron so far and doesn't show too OOC, this would be welcome here and would teach everyone elsewhere to stop jumping to conclusions from spoilers and going into meltdown - come on Ian you can do it

Its been discussed elsewhere but I think they should stop a lot of the spoiler stuff and maybe give one per episode we end up know most of what is going to happen, they should leave teasers in previous episodes to encourage you to watch otherwise we end up with endless speculation and misinformation, I have not doubt its on purpose to boost clicks and discussion but has back fired a few times on them as well.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paul_Robs For This Useful Post:

angeldust (04-03-2017), EddyBee (04-03-2017), Fhionnuisce2 (04-03-2017), Han_00 (04-03-2017), Sug-din (04-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Robs View Post
    I am so glad we have this thread, at least everyone on here is up beat and balanced (most of the time).

Well isn't it a depressing storyline, so well acted, dark, intense, upsetting, full of angst and emotion - very hard hitting and very difficult to watch indeed so I think IanMc is doing a good job in its presentation. I also think some of the other stories have been interesting as well so overall ED is quite a good watch although I record and watch later so I can FFWD through adverts and anything that is boring (Jimmy and his silly Rakesh antics).

I have been having technical issues with the DS thread it keeps locking the page and I have to refresh 5/10/20 times before I can scroll up and down and when I am finally able to make it work I have repeat after repeat of moaning about Bex so I think I will avoid that thread and stick to hear so if anyone still does go to the other place and sees something useful (link, URL;s etc) please can you repost here or PM me them - thank you.

Back to the current Robron storyline, we have had lots more Robron than mentioned or expected so although this is clearly about dreadful experiences it is very much about as well and them as a couple which is not what I really expected. I hope IanMc handles the Bex thing properly to avoid damaging his brilliant work with Robron so far and doesn't show too OOC, this would be welcome here and would teach everyone elsewhere to stop jumping to conclusions from spoilers and going into meltdown - come on Ian you can do it

Its been discussed elsewhere but I think they should stop a lot of the spoiler stuff and maybe give one per episode we end up know most of what is going to happen, they should leave teasers in previous episodes to encourage you to watch otherwise we end up with endless speculation and misinformation, I have not doubt its on purpose to boost clicks and discussion but has back fired a few times on them as well.
    I agree.....it's nice to have surprises. I only expected Robert to be in Wednesday's episode but was pleasantly surprised to see him in Thursday's and Friday's episode

16. The Following User Says Thank You to angeldust For This Useful Post:

Paul_Robs (04-03-2017)

In the interest of remaining upbeat...this is cute

http://archiveofourown.org/works/10034114
    Last edited by Han_00; 04-03-2017 at 19:33.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Han_00 For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (04-03-2017)

Thread Information