When a new abuse victim came forward in Friday’s episode (26 Feb) of Emmerdale it looked like Aaron’s worries about Gordon being convicted were over.

But unfortunately for Aaron, the ‘victim’ Ryan was paid by none other than Robert to come forward and give a false statement!

But why would Robert risk Aaron’s case?

Actor Ryan Hawley, who plays the character of Robert, explains to STV: “I don’t think he’d do it if he thought it would destroy Aaron’s case, he just wants what’s best for Aaron... setting up a false victim has risks, and Robert could go to jail for doing that."

But why would he go to such lengths for Aaron? We know the pair have a complicated past, and by Ryan’s admission Robert “twists or manipulates or bribes - anything he can do to get what he wants."

So is all this just his way of getting what he wants? Ryan disagrees.

"At the moment the relationship is very much about Robert supporting him and being there for him, which I think is really nice, because we’re seeing a different side of Robert.

“I think he’s facing the fact that he loves him, and he’s admitted that... I think he really does want to be with Aaron."

It doesn’t seem likely that there’s going to be a happy future for ‘Robron’, as fans have termed the couple , with Ryan explaining that in soapland “there needs to be ups and downs."

But he added: "We really enjoy working with each other and we have chemistry so I really hope there’s a long future for the relationship."

STV, 29 Feb 2016
Read more at:
http://shows.stv.tv/emmerdale/talk/1...re-with-aaron/
(Video preview (1m 1s) for Wed 2 March of Robert in the pub with Ryan requires valid Scottish postcode to watch)