Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale Spoilers 28th December 2015 - 1st January 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    TV Times spoilers

28th Dec
    - Pete and Debbie's marriage is annulled.

29th Dec
    - When Tess buys him [Paddy] a Christmas present, he decides to take her out to the cinema, but forgets to hide the receipt. As Rhona hasn't been to the movies with her other half in yonks, she's deeply disturbed when she finds it [in his wallet]. Has Paddy finally been rumbled?

1st Jan
    - Debbie visits Charity in jail and decides to leave the village with the children. Ross sees her setting off - can he stop her?
    - Debbie's off with the kids, including Moses (picture caption)
    - Chas is shocked by Gordon's account of his life since they split up.

Source:
    TV Times, 19 Dec - 1 Jan 2016

TW I have always liked Pete (and as Gilly in Hollyoaks). I `m glad his marriage to Debbie has been annulled - he can do so much better than the surly mare he was married to.
    So who could be Pete`s next conquest? Megan perhaps? or maybe even Carly. Or possibly Layla - I hope not though. And I hope not Tracey either. Can`t stand her.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Wolves (16-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    TW I have always liked Pete (and as Gilly in Hollyoaks). I `m glad his marriage to Debbie has been annulled - he can do so much better than the surly mare he was married to.
    So who could be Pete`s next conquest? Megan perhaps? or maybe even Carly. Or possibly Layla - I hope not though. And I hope not Tracey either. Can`t stand her.
    moira

moira

Yes, I've come to like Pete, strangely enough since he "killed " Ross on 6th August 2015. Before then, he came across as a moody, quiet, boring-type of character, focussed on his work and not much of a mixer. However, he played the "body in the woods" scenes brilliantly, as too the general scenes since then. I thought he and Debbie made a good couple. Someone stable and reliable like Pete was what Debbie really needed, what with her kids to look after in a stable environment. I think Debbie has been far too mature lately for Ross and that she doesn't want the instablity and uncertainty that comes with being with the young bad boy type.

Anthony Quinlan's last contract was announced on 7th December 2014, so it's due for renewal now (or has been quietly renewed already?). We haven't seen Pete on-screen since 2nd November and there is nothing in the spoilers yet about when he appears again.

The last scenes with Pete in them showed a very close and friendship present between him and Moira, although it may be more of a caring type for now rather than something more like a couple? Pete is Moira's employee, of course, but the scenes showed signs of something more than this, I reckon.

The other women seem already to have hints of possible relationships in the making:
    Sam and Megan?
    David and Leyla?
    Charity and Cain?
    Chrissie and Rakesh?
    Rhona and Vanessa?

Gemma Atkinson's contract as Carly is due for renewal in March 2016, and Roxy Shahidi's contract as Leyla is due for renewal in January 2016.

The new producer, Iain MacLeod, is coming from Hollyoaks, which has lately been the scene for same-sex relationships, so Rhona/Vanessa and Robert/Aaron seem to me to be good places to start when this influence from Hollyoaks shows in Emmerdale too.

I can't see Charity relating to Pete or Ross for now (Charity usually thinks like Debbie), so I think Cain seems to be the one Charity might aim for. History shows that Charity does like rich guys though, even more when they tend to have a streak for dodgy business in them. We don't know yet just what Charity says to Debbie in the prison on New Year's Day, but I'm guessing that Charity says she likes/still loves Cain, even though she has to live with his bad boy qualities, and that Charity can understand why Debbie has had a similar relationship with Ross. I don't think this is what Debbie would want to hear for now though, as she comes back to Emmerdale determined to get away from Ross and Emmerdale later that day.

So, for now, I don't know who Pete could be with next except for Moira.

'The last scenes with Pete in them showed a very close and friendship present between him and Moira, although it may be more of a caring type for now rather than something more like a couple? Pete is Moira's employee, of course, but the scenes showed signs of something more than this, I reckon.'

Moira is Pete's aunty so I don't think anything will go on there
    Tuareet

'The last scenes with Pete in them showed a very close and friendship present between him and Moira, although it may be more of a caring type for now rather than something more like a couple? Pete is Moira's employee, of course, but the scenes showed signs of something more than this, I reckon.'

Tuareet

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuareet For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (10-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuareet View Post

Thanks for saying that Tuareet. I did check
    and it wouldnt actually be incest according
    to the latest UK law.-but she was the wife
    of his fathers brother for a long time.
    And was his Aunt when he was a child/ teenager
    so its very queasy / questionable to me.
    I hope that they arent so desperate for
    storylines as that !!

I also hope they won´t pair Pete and Moira but sadly all soaps like to wreck seemingly happy relationships by making the characters have one-night stands or affairs ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Wolves (16-12-2015)

I think we've all seen over the last two years that the Bartons are capable of anything between themselves but I do see the family issue about a Moira/Pete relationship though. It would be like my mother dating my father's brother's son (so about my age). It seems that this would be legal though, as the bloodlines would be different. I guess that "needs must" could happen sometimes in close-knit communities like Emmerdale.

The only other available village person for Pete might be Carly but I think she's too feisty and too ready for dodgy dealings to be stable with Pete, although there is the saying "opposites attract". Of course, he could return in a while with someone from outside Emmerdale but this doesn't seem to happen very often and, when it does, the relationships don't usually last long (how long for Tess/Paddy? Zak/Joanie?). Pete next appears in the spoilers for Tuesday 15th December and up to 31st December so far, so maybe something gets shown about a relationship for him by then?
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 12-12-2015 at 01:26.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

Wolves (16-12-2015)

ITV has released a video trailer showing some of the things which will happen in Emmerdale this Christmas.

"The holidays are going to get HOT in the Village this Christmas...but will someone get burned?"

"Coming up this Christmas" preview video, 1m 30s, at:
    http://www.itv.com/emmerdale/extras/...christmas-2015

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (17-12-2015)

Thread Information