Thread: Sharon Marshall to write for Emmerdale

Exclamation Sharon Marshall to write for Emmerdale

This Morning's soap queen Sharon Marshall has joined the Emmerdale writing team.

The journalist and scriptwriter landed her new job with the ITV soap in the summer, after four years working on EastEnders.

Marshall revealed the news on today's edition of This Morning, confirming that her final episode of EastEnders will air on Friday. The episode will include Linda Carter's fun-filled hen night celebrations at the Queen Vic.

"I actually moved over to Emmerdale in the summer - secretly because we work so far in advance," Marshall said today. "I've loved my time [on EastEnders]. Linda's hen night is a big, fun episode."

On Emmerdale, she added: "I can't wait for you to see all the stories we've got coming up there. It's tremendously exciting and I can't wait to get stuck in."

Marshall began writing scripts for EastEnders in 2011 after training via the BBC's shadow scheme for aspiring writers. Her episodes were often praised by fans for their humour and nods to the past.

Marshall has been working as This Morning's on-screen soaps correspondent since 2003.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...marshall-exit/

It's the end of an era ? Emmerdale's Sharon Marshall is moving away from the show.

The scriptwriter is a fave among fans of the show for her distinctive writing and cheeky jokes.

Now though, the This Morning soap expert has signed off on her last script for the Dales... but she hasn't announced what her plans are next.

Shocking fans with a social media announcement, Sharon tweeted on Friday (January 20): "My last Emmerdale is on tonight at 7.30pm. Off to writing pastures new now but it?s been an absolute joy and privilege to play in the Dales for six years. I?ll hugely miss the fabulous team."

The tweet received over 2,000 likes and a wealth of responses, with many taking the time to thank her for her work and wish her luck.

One fan from across the pond wrote: "I've said it before but you are one of my fave writers for the show. So, wherever you go next you'll have an audience (even if it's just me and the wife in Canadialand, haha).

"Thanks for all the great words, laughs and heartache. Can't wait to see what you do next."

Another tweeter inquired about Sharon's next moves, saying: "Sorry to hear you?ve left Emmerdale, always enjoyed your episodes. Will we hear of your next venture very soon? I?m not so secretly hoping there?s cobbles there."

There's no answer as of yet, but considering the writer worked on EastEnders before hopping to Emmerdale, maybe there's a chance she'll stay in soaps alongside her This Morning segment.

For now though, it seems she's enjoying a well-deserved rest with her family. Thank you for all of your hard work, Sharon!

https://emmerdale.fandom.com/wiki/Sharon_Marshall

Sharon Marshall (born 21st September 1971) is a soap journalist who wrote 47 episodes of Emmerdale between 2016 and 2023. Marshall is best known for her role as 'Soap Expert' on This Morning, although she has also penned scripts for EastEnders.

In January 2018, Sharon announced live on This Morning that she and partner Paul Fletcher were expecting their first child.

Thread Information