Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tori Morgan (Penny McNamee)

A couple of articles on Penny (Tori) leaving:

Home and Away actress Penny McNamee announces she?s quitting as Tori Morgan and flags possible career change

https://thewest.com.au/entertainment...ng-b882015673z

Home and Away actress Penny McNamee is set to farewell Summer Bay after five years on the show as Dr Tori Morgan.

McNamee?s exit is expected to play out for fans in the coming week and the actress said she is ?at peace? with her decision to leave the iconic Aussie show.

Her departure follows her TV wedding to Christian Green in a romantic backyard wedding, which will air on Monday.

?I?m not someone who looks backwards. I?m a real believer in everything has its season and leaving the show felt like the end of a season to me,? she told WHO magazine.

?I feel hugely grateful for the amazing time I?ve had on the show.?

The beloved actress said she will miss the banter onset between the cast and crew but is grateful for her time as Dr Morgan.

?Being gifted such an amazing character was incredible. She was a career woman, a doctor, she?d lost both her parents, and she opted to have a baby on her own. It was a challenge to play this complicated woman every day but I loved it, too,? she said.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUGoZbpv...8-19a7402dbb12

?I really loved learning so much about medicine and surgery, and the medical language she used. If her character was just someone who went to the diner every day and talked about her boyfriend, I don?t think I would have stayed on the show for so long.?

McNamee insisted she wouldn?t be accepting jobs interstate due to the ongoing pandemic and doesn?t want to risk being away from her children but could even consider a career change.

?I?m brushing up on my singing, because I started out in musical theatre, so I?m taking a weekly singing lesson and practising for an hour every day.?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT5otGSj...d-94791576b9da

The Home and Away wedding episode airs 7.00pm Monday, 27 September on Channel 7.

And:

Home and Away star Penny McNamee announces exit as Tori Morgan
    "I feel hugely grateful for the amazing time I've had on the show."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...i-morgan-exit/

And:

Penny McNamee announces her shock exit from Home and Away after five years on the long-running soap - and says her character's fairytale wedding is the 'perfect send-off'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ning-soap.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 24-09-2021 at 23:53.

Nowtolove.com.au article:

EXCLUSIVE: "It felt like a load had been lifted off my shoulder" Why Penny McNamee and Ditch Davey left Home and Away
    ''There was a great sense of relief.''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...-leaving-69234

Leaving was never going to be easy. Not for Dr Tori Morgan in Home And Away and definitely not for her portrayer, Penny McNamee.

There were tears, of course, as Tori drove off into the sunset with dream husband Christian (Ditch Davey). Lots of tears. Both Penny and Tori were saying goodbye to people they'd come to cherish.

But after five-and-a-half years in Summer Bay, Penny was ready to go.

"There was a great sense of relief," Penny, 38, tells TV WEEK of finishing up on the hit drama, her final scenes playing out on screen this week.

"It's a demanding job. And the immense pressure I was under, juggling the role and motherhood and bringing up kids ? it felt like a load had been lifted off my shoulders."

Certainly, balancing her work and home life was a challenge for Penny, especially with a newborn and a toddler. She remembers there were days she'd have a 5.30am call time at Palm Beach, in Sydney's north. It meant getting up at 4am, when she'd already fed her baby at 3am and been up late learning lines.

"It was hard," she declares. "You'd get to work on four hours' sleep and have to do it again the next day," adding that it was "all worth it".

"I would do it all again, if I had my time over," she says with a smile. "I look back it at all and think, 'Wow, what a ride.' I'm so grateful for all of it. Even in my 30s, I still remember being that little girl who would have loved to have been on Home And Away."

In her very first scene, Penny was called to set at 1.30am, "put into heels and a formal dress in the middle of a caravan park explosion and it happened to be pouring with rain". But she loved playing the doctor and learning the complicated dialogue.

"That's what made me want to stay on the show longer," she says. "If I just showed up at the Diner and talked about my boyfriend, I would have been bored within a month."

On screen, Tori was thrown into all sorts of chaos (there was a plane crash, at one point), while privately, Penny faced her own struggles.

"Tori was trying to fall pregnant at the same time as I was trying to fall pregnant in real life," Penny says.

"She was having miscarriages and doing IVF and I was having infertility issues in real life and going to medical appointments. For a year-and-a-half there was a lot of crossover with the storylines and my life. It was a really emotional storyline."

In 2018, Penny opened up about her battle with endometriosis and her struggle to fall pregnant with her daughter Neve, now two. Penny and husband Matt Tooker also have a five-year-old son, Jack.

And for Tori, there was happiness, finally, when she gave birth to baby Grace, who she'd conceived through IVF with Robbo (Jake Ryan).

"I'm really proud of that storyline," Penny says. "I feel like we were telling a very true and honest story about fertility among women in their 30s."

Because Tori had been through so much, it was important for Penny that the character had a happy ending. Fans too wanted to see Tori in a happy, loving relationship living a "peaceful life", Penny says.

Enter Ditch's character, neurosurgeon Christian Green. The characters had a real spark, and Penny loved playing the "comedy" between them.

"Ditch and I share a wacky sense of humour," she says.

"Work is work, but you've got to have fun," Ditch, 45, says of working with Penny. "We had a great time. It was a brilliant pairing."

Christian had his own challenges, at one stage facing off with malevolent serial killer Lewis (Luke Arnold). That aftermath spurred the surgeon's search for adrenalin-charged adventure.

"You're not going to ask about the nude run, are you?" Ditch asks.

Actually, yes, we are. The moment saw Christian baring all for a skinny-dip as a mortified Tori looked on. Did Ditch really get his kit off on Palm Beach?

"Pretty much," he says with a laugh. "We had to get down to the beach before any of the photographers got there."

For Ditch, one of the joys of working on H&A was striking up a friendship with co-star James Stewart, who played Tori's brother Justin.

"Jimmy and I had never worked with each other, but probably within an hour I thought, 'Oh yeah, I like you'," he says. "He's a fabulous actor and very smart. We really pushed each other."

And fortunately, the two mates don't live very far from each other in Sydney ? Ditch relocated from Melbourne for the show.

"We live within walking distance and we've got kids very close in age," Ditch says, referring to his son Taika and James' daughter, Scout.

"He [James] and [wife] Sarah [Roberts] have become dear friends. I'm very grateful for them."

As for what's next, Ditch says he's waiting to see what happens when lockdown is over. And while Penny would love a role on another Australian drama, she's relishing the chance to "catch her breath" while being a stay-at-home mum.

News.com.au article on the possible (short) return of Tori.

Home & Away actor set for surprise comeback
    A fan favourite character is set to make a surprise return to Summer Bay.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...0a1495a3a0bf25

It looks like a Home and Away fan favourite is set to make a comeback to Summer Bay.

Penny McNamee last appeared on the Aussie soap as Tori almost two years ago, and had grown to become a hugely popular among viewers.

When she last set foot in Summer Bay, Tori was planning to embark on a new chapter of her life in London with her husband, Christian, and daughter Grace.

However, a fan has lifted the lid on some insider tea about McNamee?s character.

The Home And Away fanatic recently bumped into members of the cast of the show, and McNamee was along with them.

Posting to a fan forum, the viewer said McNamee revealed some juicy information.

?We chatted with Tori/Penny who said her character was only back for a couple of weeks which is pretty cool! She?s absolutely lovely,? wrote the fan.

With characters Leah and Justin Morgan set to tie the knot, Justin?s sister Tori seems to be making a cheeky return to help celebrate the nuptials.

It?s set to be an action-packed few weeks for the show, with a new hunky doctor soon to make his first appearance in the form of Doctor Levi.

Tristan Gorey, who plays the heart surgeon, recently said in an interview that Dr Levi will feature heavily in a ?high-stakes? storyline that?s set to rock the Bay.

?He?s fighting to save the life of a central character,? he said. ?It?s the start of a big storyline that will go on for a while and will certainly have fans gripped.?

That central character is believed to be Mackenzie Booth (Emily Weir), who suffers a heart attack in upcoming episodes.

?Levi is a driven, headstrong individual who believes hard work pays off,? Tristan told TV Week.

?Like most surgeons, he loves what he does and relishes the opportunity to test himself at work. The stakes are high, and if Levi can?t figure out what the problem is, there may be serious consequences for one of Summer Bay?s most-loved characters,? he added.

And:

Penny McNamee rumoured to be returning to Home and Away after being spotted on set
    Is Tori Morgan making a come back?

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...e-return-79231

Home and Away fan favourite Penny McNamee is spotted on set of iconic soap... as a new face with a 'high-stakes' storyline arrives in Summer Bay

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ummer-Bay.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 10-11-2023 at 05:42.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (09-11-2023)

Thread Information