Thread: Vic Reeves wants to star in Coronation Street as Norris Cole's son

Cool Vic Reeves wants to star in Coronation Street as Norris Cole's son

​Comedian and actor Vic Reeves wants to join the cast of Coronation Street - and he even has a role in mind.

The 56-year-old wants to play the son of the Kabin shop's co-owner Norris Cole, admitting that he has never missed an episode of the ITV soap since he started watching as a child.

Speaking to the Manchester Evening News, Reeves said: "I would like to be Norris's son.

"I have watched Corrie since I was little and I have never ever missed an episode. For me it's the greatest TV. It would make my life complete."

The comedian also praised the show's live episode early in the autumn, which saw drug dealer Callum Logan murdered by his ex Kylie Platt.

"I thought it was brilliant," he said. "He was killed off and buried and I don't know how they will get out of that. Is it the end of David and Kylie?"

Should his wish come true, Reeves wouldn't be the first comedian to step foot on the cobbles.

Peter Kay is one of many to appear in Weatherfield, and had not one but two cameo appearances - the first in 1990 and the second in 2004.

More recently, Paddy McGuinness joined the soap for a six-episode guest stint as wilderness survival enthusiast Dougie Ryan.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-11-2015)

Thread Information