Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Finn Barton

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    his dad dies and finn only worried for coma fella he needs a fella badly
    I think he is devastated by his father´s death but he does want another death from this situation ... I am glad they are giving Finn a storyline .. way too much underused in my humble opinion ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (22-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    his dad dies and finn only worried for coma fella he needs a fella badly
    I think he is devastated by his father´s death but he does want another death from this situation ... I am glad they are giving Finn a storyline .. way too much underused in my humble opinion ...

Yes I think he is projecting his grief for his dad onto this guy, curious to see where this is going but lets hope it's a decent story line for Finn whatever it is.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to binky321 For This Useful Post:

deeCee (23-11-2016), Perdita (22-11-2016), tammyy2j (22-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I think you mean he does not want another death

I think Kasim will have seen Emma or something connected to James death

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I think you mean he does not want another death

I think Kasim will have seen Emma or something connected to James death
    Yes, I meant the accident scene when I said situation ... too tired to think properly

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (24-11-2016)

Emmerdale star Joe Gill has hinted that there could be romance on the cards for his character Finn Barton.

Fans have seen Finn grow strangely attached to Kasim ever since coming to his rescue in the devastating motorway pile-up last month. And upcoming scenes will even see Finn left devastated when Kasim gets moved to another hospital.

However, while Finn's behaviour is certainly starting to become a cause of concern for those closest to him, Joe is hoping that there are happier times on the horizon for his alter ego.

When asked there if there was love coming up for Finn, Joe said to Inside Soap: "There might be!"

"Kasim has come into Finn's life and Finn has been visiting him in hospital – but does Finn actually like him, or is he trying to fill the gap in his life from his dad's death? He does need a bit of love though, bless him."

Joe also admitted that he was shocked when he heard that his on-screen dad Bill Ward was being killed off during the soap's big stunt week back in October.

"Bill told us personally in early summer because he didn't want us hearing it from someone else," he said.

"Me, Mike [Parr, who plays Ross] and Anthony [who plays Pete] are very close to him. It was a shock, but Super Soap Week was a big success, I think.

"Bill is a lovely giy with a big manly laugh you'd recognise a mile off, so it's a lot quieter on set now!"

Digital Spy

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

deeCee (22-12-2016), tammyy2j (24-11-2016)

Emmerdale fans will see all of Finn Barton's dreams come true next week as he starts a romantic relationship with crash victim Kasim.

Finn has spent the past few weeks visiting Kasim in hospital after he was left in a coma following the devastating motorway pile-up.

Upcoming episodes will see Finn left fearful that he's lost Kasim for good when he's moved to another hospital and discharged after finally making a recovery. But in good news for fans who want Finn to finally find a man, there's another twist to the tale still to come.

When Kasim reads a newspaper article about the crash and learns that a guy called Finn Barton saved his life, he turns up in the Emmerdale village to thank him personally - and there's an immediate chemistry between the pair when they're introduced. What are the odds?

Joe Gill, who plays Finn, revealed: "Finn is in a dark place after his dad's death. His mum is messed up and his brothers haven't got time to listen to what he's got to say. Nobody is really there for Finn. The person who used to be there for him the most was his dad.

"So I think the connection that Finn feels with Kasim is very strong. When Kasim was in a coma, he unloaded all of his thoughts onto him. Even though Kasim might not have been able to hear him, Finn feels a bond towards him and thinks he's the only person he can confide in."

He continued: "When Kasim is discharged, it's been in the local paper that a man by the name of Finn Barton saved his life. Kasim doesn't know anything else, so he comes to the village. Finn has just been told that he's never going to see him again, but suddenly there he is in the flesh.

"Finn doesn't tell Kasim that he's been visiting him in hospital. It's the last thing that he'd say in that moment! Finn just wants to prove himself. Everything does go so well between them in the first few meetings, so Finn doesn't want to scare him off."

The bad news for Finn is that Kasim will quickly learn the truth when one of the Bartons lets it slip, which leaves him with some major explaining to do.

Joe laughed: "I can only put myself in the shoes of Kasim, and if that was me, I'd think it was a bit creepy. You'd also want to be told straight away. From Kasim's point of view, Finn has kept it a secret and lied about it, so what else could he be capable of?

"Kasim doesn't know Finn that well. He doesn't know Finn like the audience and other people in the village do, so he might just think he's very strange!

"But everything Finn does comes from a good place. I can't stress that enough and hopefully Kasim can see that."

Revealing his thoughts on the new storyline, Joe added: "I was really excited when I found out about it. Through the three years I've been here at Emmerdale, Finn has never been lucky in love.

"So when the producer Iain MacLeod told me this was what he was planning, I was hoping it would at least go right for a few months! It's also interesting to see what the writers can do with Finn in a relationship.

"Ethan who plays Kasim is a lovely guy. We're pretty much the same age, so we share a lot of similar interests and he really cares about what he does.

"What's crazy is that he's been here at Emmerdale since late August when we filmed the crash. He was unconscious through all that and then had a month of coma scenes. He's probably had harder first months!

"But I think it was a nice way for him to get a gist of how things work and meet people before his work really started. It was a nice break-in for him and it's good for him that he now finally gets to find out what his character is like."

Digital Spy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

deeCee (26-11-2016)

If you thought that Finn Barton's new Emmerdale romance was going to run smoothly after stalking-gate was resolved, think again.

Finn's over-eager behaviour around Kasim Sabet (Ethan Kai) causes yet more problems over Christmas, as the handsome newcomer starts to feel suffocated by his new boyfriend's antics.

To make matters even worse, Finn's mum Emma is just as pushy as she keeps a close eye on the blossoming relationship. Let's hope Kasim stays away from road bridges, just to be on the safe side...

Digital Spy recently caught up with Joe Gill, who plays Finn, for all the gossip on what's next for his character's messy love life.

What kind of a reaction have you seen to the Finn and Kasim story so far?

"Ever since the storyline started, it's been really nice to see that people are made up for Finn. They're glad that someone has finally taken an interest in him, because he's not really had much fortune in the last three years. They seem to think he's long overdue some happiness."

Do Finn and Kasim have an official ship name yet?

"I'm not really sure, but I've seen a few 'Fasim' hashtags flying around on social media. I think that has a bit more of a ring to it than 'Kinn', anyway!"

Do you think Finn and Kasim make a good match?

"Yeah, I do think they make a nice match. Ethan is also really good to work with. He cares a lot about what he does and we're pretty much the same age, so we click as well.

"There is really good chemistry between the two characters, although Kasim is slightly cooler than Finn. He's probably got a bit more about him in terms of street cred. I think Finn is very head over heels for him, whereas Kasim is able to see the bigger picture more. But I think they really click together."

It's fair to say the relationship had quite an unusual start at the hospital...

"It did, but again, that was really nice to play. It was very organic, because Finn's dad James had been rushed to hospital before he died and that's where Finn then got to know Kasim. That's how it all led onto this.

"Finn is in a state of desperation at the moment after everything that happened. It played out quite nicely, because Finn saw Kasim in the hospital and almost transferred the love he had for his dad onto him."

Why is Finn so nervous about sleeping with Kasim this week?

"In typical Finn fashion, it's nerves, but it's also him completely over-thinking it. Finn pretty much does that with everything. He's a massive over-thinker, because he cares so much about himself and other people around him. When he knows that things are going to get intimate, he really is no help for himself in terms of how he worries about it."

What happens when Finn confides in Tracy about his worries?

"Well, as you can imagine, Tracy has got a way of dealing with things that is a lot more straightforward. There's definitely some comedy to be had with that!

"Tracy is also probably a lot more experienced with this kind of thing than Finn is. There's some advice that Finn finds comforting, but maybe some other bits that he really didn't need to hear..."

Is Finn moving too quickly when he later wants to spend Christmas with Kasim?

"He is, but Finn doesn't really see it like that. He's so love-blind and overexcited because things are finally going right for him, after everything going so wrong with his brothers and his dad earlier in the year.

"Now things are going well, he just wants to keep it that way. Subconsciously, he'll try anything to make that happen. Finn thinks they need to move forward with a really quick pace, almost to solidify the fact that he is with Kasim and make him completely out of bounds to anyone else. It's quite obsessive without him even realising, but it's completely innocent."

Why does Finn arrange for him and Kasim to go on holiday to Australia?

"Someone suggests that they may need some time alone together, without anyone interfering. A normal person would maybe plan a romantic meal or a weekend away, but Finn completely goes overboard and plans a trip to Australia for them to see Kylie Minogue.

"This is all due to the fact that Finn saw a Kylie CD in Kasim's van when he first met him. It's completely spontaneous, as he literally saw one CD and decides to go for it!"

Did you have to do a screen test with Ethan before he joined the show?

"I did. That was really interesting as well, because it literally seems like just a few months ago that I did my own screen test with Isabel Hodgins who plays Victoria. Now it was my turn to do it from the other side.

"There were five or six people and Ethan was obviously one of them. It was really interesting to see different actors portraying a certain character in different ways, but Ethan definitely nailed it. He was very engaging and he did one thing which not a lot of the others actors did - he connected with me physically and almost gave me a hug at the end. That showed the two characters having a bond."

Would you like this to be a long-term relationship for Finn?

"Yeah of course, as it's nice to have the character finally be in a relationship. Now that's happened, you can see a different side to Finn - and you will in the near future.

"There are also other things to happen and some twists and turns to come, so I'm excited for you guys to see it."

After three years in Emmerdale, are you happy to stick around?

"Yeah, it's crazy. I think it was on December 6 that the character had been on screen for three years, but it's obviously longer for me because we film the show in advance and I started in October.

"But it hasn't felt like three years at all. Never mind not having a bad day in work, I've never really felt like I've come to work, because I love it over here and it's a great team. I'm still really enjoying it."

How has the show changed things for you?

"It's completely changed my life. I've been in Emmerdale since I was 19, so in a sense I have grown up in the show. Being surrounded by cast, crew and a production team who are more experienced than me, I've learned a lot from them.

"I've managed to get a place of my own sorted. I've managed to finally pass my driving test and get my own car, which is something I needed to do because the character is a taxi driver. So it's not only made me develop as an actor, it's hopefully made me more mature as a person too."

Are you looking forward to filming the inevitable moment that Emma Barton gets caught out?

"Whenever I'm on the street, all anyone asks me is when she's going to get found out. It just shows how much the viewers are engaged in the storyline, which is what we want.

"It's going to be really, really interesting when she does get caught out. I don't want to disclose anything as to when it is. I might not even know when it is myself! But when it does come out, it's going to rock not just the Barton family but the whole village."

What was it like to watch your on-screen brother Adam Thomas in I'm A Celeb?

"It was brilliant. I thought he was great. His energy and his enthusiasm for life is just contagious. We all just said to him beforehand: 'If you go in there and just be how you normally are every day, you're going to do really well'.

"And he did. He threw himself in at the deep end. His fear of spiders certainly came across, like we all knew it would. In my personal opinion, I thought he'd win because I thought he did enough to win. He was a laugh, and he did more trials than anyone else.

"But I think when you looked at the final 3, it could have gone any way, because they're all such lovely people. Adam came back to set last week and we all gave him a massive cheer. It's good to have him back."

Would you do the show yourself if the offer came in?

"Do you know what? Adam's set the bar now and I don't think I could beat it, so probably not! It's nice to push yourself and see how far you can go with things like that, but I'd have to think about it because he's certainly set the standard for who goes in next."

What are your plans for Christmas?

"We're very fortunate here at Emmerdale. We're very busy in the run-up to Christmas and we film quite a few weekends. But they're really kind to us and they give us a few weeks off at Christmas, which is unheard of in other filming projects.

"I'm just planning to kick back and chill out with the family. I live in Manchester, so I'll be back there. I normally go for a meal with the mates on Christmas Eve. That turns into quite a few drinks in the pub and then I spend Christmas Day hungover eating my Christmas dinner, to be honest!"

Digital Spy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

deeCee (22-12-2016)

Emmerdale's Finn Barton bitterly blames his mum Emma after his new boyfriend Kasim Sabet dumps him in the New Year.

Finn is currently on cloud nine after sleeping with Kasim (Ethan Kai) for the first time, but their romance turns sour over the Christmas period when he starts trying to rush things.

As we revealed recently, the final straw comes when Finn buys them tickets to see Kylie Minogue in Australia, despite warnings from his loved ones that it's a crazy idea to spend so much after just a few weeks together.

Predictably, Kasim (Ethan Kai) is pretty freaked out by Finn's grand gesture and decides it's time to end their relationship before things get any weirder.

When Finn's mum Emma (Gillian Kearney) realises what's going on, she can't resist interfering yet again and she urges Kasim to let him down gently.

Taking this on board, Kasim lies to Finn by claiming that he's reuniting with his ex-boyfriend and it's nothing personal.

In the aftermath, Finn foolishly blames Emma for the mess – claiming that she was the one who made Kasim feel so uncomfortable. We're pretty sure that's not fair, Finn!

As Finn becomes determined not to let Kasim go, he continues to text him in the desperate hope of getting another chance. But will Kasim be interested after everything that's happened?

Emma Barton struggles after Pete's accident in Emmerdale
    © ITV
    Joe Gill, who plays Finn, told Digital Spy this week: "He's so love-blind and overexcited because things are finally going right for him, after everything going so wrong with his brothers and his dad earlier in the year. Now things are going well, he just wants to keep it that way.

"Subconsciously, he'll try anything to make that happen. Finn thinks they need to move forward with a really quick pace, almost to solidify the fact that he is with Kasim and make him completely out of bounds to anyone else. It's quite obsessive without him even realising, but it's completely innocent."

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Monday, January 2 and Tuesday, January 3 at 7pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

finn is going fast with coma fella no wonder he legs it

Thread Information