Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale Spoilers 23rd-27th November 2015

I am very interested in how they handle ashleys vascular dementia storyline as i am the full time carer of my dad who has had that and alzheimers for over ten years. Its about time a soap tackled the subject properly and i hope they dispel some myths and allay some fears of others facing the disease. I am hopeful that its handled sens itively.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suzewebb For This Useful Post:

mariba (12-11-2015), Perdita (12-11-2015), sarah c (12-11-2015), tammyy2j (12-11-2015), Telly Watcher (12-11-2015), Wolves (14-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Serena Williams View Post
    Aaron and Lawrence probably will not happen but it would be shocking if it did! Lawrence can give Aaron everything he needs and desires in terms of material wealth. Lawrence also seems sexually attracted to Aaron.
    That is bizarre though why get married in such a under pretenses? It is unusual and weird the no sex thing. Bernice deserves more than to be married to a closet case. I agree Lawrence is gay but he seems to be either in denial or ashamed about being gay. Robert figured out Lawrence is sexually attracted to him and Aaron. I remember in the summer robert made a comment to Aaron about Lawrence investing in the scrap yard business. Lawrence likes younger guys I have a feeling the writers are going to pair him with one of the young gay guys on the show.
    Aaron has never struck me as a guy who wants money and material things, he seems to fall hard in love

While he did sleep with Finn as a one night stand I just cant see him with Lawrence ever

I think the show could cast an older mature male for Lawrence

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (12-11-2015), maidmarian (12-11-2015), Perdita (12-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Serena Williams View Post
    Aaron and Lawrence probably will not happen but it would be shocking if it did! Lawrence can give Aaron everything he needs and desires in terms of material wealth. Lawrence also seems sexually attracted to Aaron.
    That is bizarre though why get married in such a under pretenses? It is unusual and weird the no sex thing. Bernice deserves more than to be married to a closet case. I agree Lawrence is gay but he seems to be either in denial or ashamed about being gay. Robert figured out Lawrence is sexually attracted to him and Aaron. I remember in the summer robert made a comment to Aaron about Lawrence investing in the scrap yard business. Lawrence likes younger guys I have a feeling the writers are going to pair him with one of the young gay guys on the show.
    What gave you the impression Lawrence was attracted to Aaron? I never saw it like that. Also Aaron wouldn't go after Lawrence. He doesn't seem to care about the material side of things.
    I'm really not sure about Lawrence sexuality. In an interview it was said that after the treatment in prison all these years back he doesn't know anymore what he likes. This can be either women or men - or both.

I don't want him to be with anyone in particular - but I really DON'T want to see him with Aaron. Let's see were this Lawrence-Bernice story is going.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zally For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-11-2015)

tv choice magazine, 14 - 20 Nov 2015
    >
    NEXT WEEK
    - As Bernice prepares for her big day, Kerry's determined to make her realise she's making a mistake she'll regret for the rest of her life and produces her secret weapon - Andy!
    >
    Oh, Bernice! Is this a love triangle I see before me?
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 12-11-2015 at 13:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Zally View Post
    What gave you the impression Lawrence was attracted to Aaron? I never saw it like that. Also Aaron wouldn't go after Lawrence. He doesn't seem to care about the material side of things.
    I'm really not sure about Lawrence sexuality. In an interview it was said that after the treatment in prison all these years back he doesn't know anymore what he likes. This can be either women or men - or both.

I don't want him to be with anyone in particular - but I really DON'T want to see him with Aaron. Let's see were this Lawrence-Bernice story is going.
    Yes I don't remember him being attracted to Aaron either

I think Lawrence is gay but his experience in prison has scared him so much he is afraid of having a full intimate relationship with a male so he is rushing into a marriage with Bernice whom he should be honest with and her with him

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (15-11-2015), maidmarian (12-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Yes I don't remember him being attracted to Aaron either

I think Lawrence is gay but his experience in prison has scared him so much he is afraid of having a full intimate relationship with a male so he is rushing into a marriage with Bernice whom he should be honest with and her with him
    I think they should give more info.about his
    marriage.
    He was married and had 2 daughters.We have
    beenpromised that the second daughter would
    appear but so far hasnt.

He got married -after prison- I assumed it had
    been.a short marriage. But a poster wrote that
    he had told Edna his wife had died 3 years ago.
    I agree his time in prison has deeply affected him.

So.based on Chrissies age - the marriage lasted
    well over 30 years.!! What sort of marriage was it
    - for money or respectablity reasons or genuine
    affection .Was his wife aware of his sexuality
    from the beginning. Children could have arrived
    by various means adoption /donor/ natural??

He seems predominantly gay and he did have
    an interest in Robert. Chrissie doesnt seem to
    have picked up anything unusual in her parents
    marriage - as she followed same pattern ?
    But not very bright anyway?

Regarding Bernice - I.think it would be a big
    mistake.But she likes money and he wants
    respectability?
    I think they need to explore Lawrences
    backstory.Which I think would be interesting
    and if nothing else - make people more aware
    of the changes since the Sixties!
    Last edited by maidmarian; 12-11-2015 at 14:16.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-11-2015)

I thought Chrissie mentioned the other night to Lawrence she knew her parents marriage was different to others so maybe the wife/mother was aware that Lawrence was gay and accepted him

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (12-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I thought Chrissie mentioned the other night to Lawrence she knew her parents marriage was different to others so maybe the wife/mother was aware that Lawrence was gay and accepted him
    I think she must have done at some stage-
    for the marriage to have lasted so long.
    But wondered if she was like Edna -didn't
    know at the beginning and thought she
    was going into a normal marriage and when it
    wasnt just accepted the situation.?

I think that most people have at least a small amount of love/hate attraction to other people of both sexes, that's what being human is all about and this issue really doesn't bother me. A new 2015 scientific study has recently suggested that "most women are aroused by both men and women and are 'never straight'", whereas for males "it is usually men who show distinct sexual responses to their favourite sex."

History shows that Lawrence had good feelings for at least Harold but this clearly wasn't conclusive for his sexual orientation as we know that Lawrence got married to a women and had children by her. Harold could maybe have just been a young fling for fun during friendly experimentation at a young age.

We must remember that Lawrence then was at an age when anything during his teenage years other that "straightness" was considered to be abnormal and was suppressed/repressed.

Just because Aaron has lately shown gay interests and that Lawrence has doubts about marrying Bernice should not, in any way, imply that Lawrence and Aaron are suitable for each other in a sexual relationship. Come on. Just like straight people, gays also have tastes and choices about who is "Mr or Mrs Right". Being gay does not, in any way, mean any other gay is the "right one". This is 2015 and humans are not cave people anymore and have moved on a real long way since then. If I was an Emmerdale storyliner, I would never pair Aaron and Lawrence in any sexual relationship just because each have gay tendencies, as this would, to me anyway, be a very shallow reason to pair them on what may be a temporary sexuality issue for each character. Two certainties in life for everyone are that "nothing lasts forever" and that "everything will change".

Source:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...eos-sexes.html
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 12-11-2015 at 14:29.

A lot of what you.say is true but a few points

Lawrence went to prison to protect Harold-
    so more than a phase.

The fact of being married and there being
    children does not mean automatically
    that sex has occurred or that the children
    have been produced by normal methods
    by the husband & wife!
    A % of marriages are sexless and tho thst
    wouldnt suit most people -it does suit some.
    People marry for many different reasons
    including money respectablity and companionship.
    We can only surmise at present re Lawrence
    and his late wife - as we have very little real
    info.

I agree that just because two people are
    of the relevant sexuality they will not
    automatically brattracted to.each other.

But often in soaps 2 characters whether
    straight or gay are paired because they
    are unattached and the SWs cant think
    of what else to do with them.
    Suitability or whether its at all likely
    is of no.apparent consideration - which
    makes them so.unbelievable!

Thread Information