Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Hoyland (Xander McGuire)

Charlie Hoyland (Xander McGuire)

My first post, so I hope this is right! But I've just read this:

Neighbours returnee Steph Scully could have happier times ahead next year as she is reunited with her young son Charlie Hoyland.

Show bosses have recast the child character, bringing in 12-year-old newcomer Xander McGuire to play the role for a guest stint.

Charlie has been living in Fiji with his father Max, who has had full custody of him over the past few years. The character last appeared on screen in 2011, played by Jacob Brito.

With Steph now out of prison and rebuilding her life, it seems that she may be about to get a second chance to play a role in Charlie's upbringing.

Speaking of his casting, McGuire told the Herald Sun: "It's an amazing first job in the industry. Neighbours has been such a big part of Australian television and has launched so many careers. I'm really excited.

"It was for a bit of fun when I asked to do a screen test. Now that I have a small role, I feel very lucky to be part of an amazing team."

Neighbours' series producer Jason Herbison added: "I'm thrilled to have Xander playing a character that already has a significant history with the show. I have no doubt he will do a sterling job continuing the character's story."

Xander is the son of well-known Australian broadcaster Eddie McGuire. He first became interested in acting last year when he performed in a school musical.

The new recruit will start filming this week and appear on screen early next year.

Read more Neighbours spoilers and news

Digital Spy Soap Scoop video - hit play below for gossip on more Gloved Hand Killer deaths in Hollyoaks, the reveal of Robert Sugden's shooter in Emmerdale, a drastic decision from Kathy Beale in EastEnders and Alya Nazir's guilt spiralling out of control in Coronation Street.

Source: Digital Spy http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...pr0TtjTFDa1RTl

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ames449 For This Useful Post:

badirene (13-10-2015), binky321 (13-10-2015), daisy_boo (13-10-2015), Dazzle (13-10-2015), ILTPandN (14-10-2015), MiriBee (14-10-2015), Perdita (13-10-2015), TaintedLove (15-10-2015), tammyy2j (15-10-2015)

This is what he looks like

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ames449 (13-10-2015), Dazzle (13-10-2015), ILTPandN (14-10-2015), tammyy2j (15-10-2015)

What a wee cutie he is!
    I have loved seeing Steph back on the street and back to her old self, I hope people really start to realise that she went through a hard time, was mentally ill and is now making the best of her recovery.
    Although, I can understand being people being a little bit wary, I think it's actually quite a smart storyline. Mental illnesses aren't talked about enough and usually peoples reactions to them are just a lack of education and people are afraid of things they don't know about.
    The storyline hasn't been done in a mean way or overdramatic either and I personally find that to be incredibly refreshing, as I've seen soaps handle mental illness in dreadful ways.
    I'm from the UK but I watch at Aus pace because Neighbours is my guilty pleasure and the only soap I watch

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LauBuch For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-10-2015), ILTPandN (14-10-2015), Perdita (13-10-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by LauBuch View Post
    What a wee cutie he is!
    I have loved seeing Steph back on the street and back to her old self, I hope people really start to realise that she went through a hard time, was mentally ill and is now making the best of her recovery.
    Although, I can understand being people being a little bit wary, I think it's actually quite a smart storyline. Mental illnesses aren't talked about enough and usually peoples reactions to them are just a lack of education and people are afraid of things they don't know about.
    The storyline hasn't been done in a mean way or overdramatic either and I personally find that to be incredibly refreshing, as I've seen soaps handle mental illness in dreadful ways.
    I'm from the UK but I watch at Aus pace because Neighbours is my guilty pleasure and the only soap I watch
    Welcome LauBuch to SoapBoards and I agree with you, there are many facets of mental illness and it is always good if they are addressed in soaps because a lot of people tend to watch them

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-10-2015), ILTPandN (14-10-2015)

Hi Ames449, and welcome!

Thanks for posting about Charlie. I was thinking about him the other day and wondered if he'd come and live on Ramsay Street again.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

ILTPandN (16-10-2015), TaintedLove (15-10-2015)

Thank you for the welcome

It will be interesting to see how they bring him back. I wonder if Steph's return could pave the way for some other old cast to return as well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ames449 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-10-2015), ILTPandN (16-10-2015)

Thank you for the welcome

It will be interesting to see how they bring him back. I wonder if Steph's return could pave the way for some other old cast to return as well.

He's Eddie's boy!!

Gotta love that!

Welcome to the forum Ames, we`re a great bunch of people

Thanks so much for the great news about Mother and Son being reunited. I remember so well the episode where Charlie was born. It was such a heartwarming episode.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Ames449 (15-10-2015), Dazzle (15-10-2015), ILTPandN (16-10-2015)

Double post
    Last edited by TaintedLove; 15-10-2015 at 04:26.

Thread Information