Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paddy Kirk (Dominic Brunt)

I think Viv and Bob made a really good couple, I can't beleive they've split them up!

Quote Originally Posted by Keating's babe
    Aye true. The problem I have with the storyline is I cannot see Viv and Paddy getting it together. It would be more likely for Paddy to have an affair with the blonde lady who works at the vets.
    like she'dbe interested in paddy!
    He's goin wi viv coz she was giving him attention while emily was too busy making tea and doing crosswords and driving paul aroiund to auditions and stuff! I don't think he actually finds viv attractive! pretty disturbing if he did!

Also I thot viv and bob got back together after their divorce?

I must say I just can't think what it is. Not only is she really peculiar looking and her dress, well that reminds me of Kings Cross if you know what I mean, but her tongue would put you off, she is so rude, tactless and downright stupid. And those ae only her good points.

Emily Kirk is left stunned this week, when husband, Paddy, reveals the truth about his affair with Viv Windsor. How will the timid young wife take the horrific truth?

Source Inside Soap website

We already know that.
    The old crow *pecks*

that was well funni

IVE BEEN TO SEE GUYS AND DOLLS
    R.I.P Dennis Rickman i will really miss you

Lol and when Nicola beat him up with her handbag!!

Cool Paddy and Chas romance - Interview with Dominic Brunt

Paddy Kirk's love life takes another surprising twist on Emmerdale next week as he spends the night with his ex-partner Chas Dingle.

The pair get together in the wake of Paddy and Rhona's marriage breakdown, but in the cold light of day, will they realise that they've made a massive mistake?

Here, Dominic Brunt - who plays Paddy - chats about the storyline and whether there's any chance his character will take Rhona back.

How does Paddy feel about the breakdown of his marriage?
    "Paddy is totally and utterly gutted. Rhona was the love of his life and he really thought that she was the one. He tried and he tried to bring her through the addiction, get her through rehab and help her rehabilitate herself at home. However, when he found more drugs, that was it - he thought that he couldn't stay married to someone who will lie to him and isn't themselves because they're taking drugs all the time."

Does Paddy still love Rhona?
    "He loves her to pieces. He's not stopped loving her. It's just that he thinks he can't be with her."

Do you think he's given up on his relationship too easily?
    "I don't think he has given up easily. He's forgiven her an affair, he's forgiven the fact that she's abandoned their child, and he's forgiven the fact that she lied so many times about taking the drugs and didn't tell him. She told Vanessa instead. So he's forgiven her all those things and then he's finally given up now that he's found her with more drugs."

Why is Paddy growing closer to Chas again?
    "Paddy trusts Chas. They have a mutual respect and it's a completely non-sexual, male/female relationship. I don't think Paddy's ever really thought of Chas like that since their break-up."

Has he forgotten that Chas once hurt him?
    "No, I don't think he has forgotten that. I think he's forgiven her and he says to her afterwards, 'We were never right for each other, ever'. I think Paddy was kind of a stopgap for Chas, but it wasn't right at all."

Why does Paddy try to kiss her then?
    "He's drunk, he's lonely and he's completely messed up. Paddy is hurting and he believes that his marriage is over, and so he thinks it's just a one-night stand. He's trying to kid himself that he doesn't love Rhona anymore. He really does truly believe it's over, so he's drunk and he just has a go with Chas - and she reciprocates. He doesn't want a relationship, just a bit of comfort."

He's missing Rhona still though, isn't he?
    "Yes, he's trying to pretend he's not and he's trying to pretend to himself that he's not. But he really is and I think it takes this to make him realise that he really is. "

Does Paddy feel responsible for what happened to Rhona?
    "I think it worries him and it irks him that Rhona felt that she couldn't come to him. He wonders, 'What is it that's wrong with me that makes her like that or make that decision?' So he is concerned that it might be to do with him."

What does he think about her decision to go into rehab?
    "I think he thinks it's for the best. He couldn't handle her, Vanessa couldn't handle it and when she tried to do it at home, she nearly relapsed with these tablets and he doesn't know whether she was going to take them. I don't think Rhona actually knows herself if she was going to take them if Paddy hadn't come in."

How does Paddy react to Laurel and Marlon being so disgusted about his night with Chas?
    "He's quite indignant. Surprisingly, even when I read it, I was like 'Oh right'. He doesn't seem very repentant. I think he's just thinking, 'No, it's over. I'm an adult, it's nothing to do with you'. He keeps saying that to Marlon, 'Why don't you get your nose out? It's nothing to do with you'. Marlon points out that Paddy loves Rhona, but he denies it even though he really does care about her."

So doesn't Paddy feel any guilt about spending the night with Chas?
    "There is guilt, but he's kind of hidden it. He even goes to Chas and says, 'Shall we try to make a go of it?', but it's when Chas says 'Don't be ridiculous' that he goes, 'Oh yeah, this is ridiculous' and he kind of snaps out of it himself. From what Chas says, he starts realising that he may want Rhona back.

"He says to Chas, 'This is never going to happen again, is it?' and she says no. Afterwards he says, 'Thank you very much for being honest with me', and he realises that it shouldn't happen again anyway and he's being ridiculous to ask."

Later, Vanessa tests Paddy by claiming that she's told Rhona about his night with Chas. How does Paddy react?
    "Well, that's the catalyst that makes him think 'Oh my God, that's it. If you told her that means it would be over with Rhona - and that means I really would've lost her'. It makes him realise that he really loves Rhona.

"First and foremost, he wants Rhona back. He wants to go and see her, he wants to tell her that he loves her, and he wants to try and get his relationship back. Then he decides that if he gets her back and doesn't tell her about Chas, then they're off on the wrong foot. They've got to be open about everything because she's decided to do that, and he's got to do that himself too."

Do you think their marriage can be repaired?
    "Yeah, I do. Hopefully. I hope so."

What has the story been like to film?
    "It started in little dribbles in April and we knew it was going to go through to August and September time, and it's been amazing. It's been really intriguing and it's been really difficult. It's taken all sorts of twists and turns. It's never been obvious because we could've had it as the 'single white female' thing with Vanessa, and they didn't go down that road. It was more complicated than that. It was more subtle.

"It was great, and I just didn't really know what was going to happen. Each time the script came along we were genuinely fascinated and we were all ringing each other. We were ringing each other going 'Oh my God, this happened, this happened', and we're going 'You're kidding! You're joking! I'm going to check for myself'. It was great.

"I'm proud of Mark, Zoe, Michelle and everybody we've worked with. We're all proud of it. It's also nice being given a story like that, running at the side of the Cameron stuff which is literally one of the best stories that Emmerdale has had in years. We've kind of been allowed to run our story at the side of that and that's been a real honour, I think."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Paddy Kirk (Dominic Brunt)

Emmerdale: Who shot Robert reveal is a first for soaps, says Dominic Brunt

"The way it's done and where it's set is really unusual," adds the actor, who plays vet Paddy in the ITV drama

By David Brown
    Tuesday 22 September 2015 at 12:02PM

Actor Dominic Brunt has promised Emmerdale viewers that the unmasking of Robert Sugden's mystery assailant will be a real novelty for soap fans.

"It's really different. The way it's done and where it's set is really unusual," said Brunt, who plays vet Paddy Kirk in the ITV show. "I don't think it's been done before."

Robert will be shot in scenes to be broadcast this Friday and the suspect list is to include prominent villagers including Andy Sugden and Chrissie White.

Speaking on the topic of whether Paddy himself could be the gunman, Brunt added: "Robert has nearly been responsible for Paddy's death - twice! He's not started to threaten his family too.

"So Paddy wants Robert out of the way at all costs. And he would go far enough to do that."

Recent episodes have seen Paddy put his own life in danger when he tried to end Aaron's relationship with the conniving Robert.

Yet despite the vet's misgivings about Robert, Brunt couldn't be happier about sharing scenes with both Ryan Hawley and Danny Miller.

"Ryan is a revelation," he said. "He's come along, hit the ground running and been brilliant. And Danny Miller's brilliant. We love working together, so any so any storyline that involves him is a favourite of mine. They’re both very modern actors - and they keep me on my toes."

Source:
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...-dominic-brunt

(Article includes my underlining)

Only those actors involved in the crucial scenes usually have any knowledge about the setting and action on Emmerdale. The other actors seem to usually be kept in the dark on a 'no need to know' basis. So, this interview from Dominic Brunt implies that Paddy's script includes content about the revealing of the 'mystery assailant'. From this interview, the shooter could be Paddy or Aaron?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (23-09-2015), TaintedLove (23-09-2015), tammyy2j (29-09-2015)

I think he shot Robert, he seems the less likeliest so would be a shock, mild calm Paddy attempted murderer

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (29-09-2015)

Thread Information