Thread: Casualty Spoilers 29th August

Casualty Spoilers 29th August

A Child’s Heart - Part One

It’s a blast from the past in the first episode of the 30th series, written and directed by Paul Unwin, as Duffy returns to Holby as an agency nurse.

At Zoe and Max’s explosive wedding reception Charlie jumps into the freezing water to rescue Zoe, but later suffers a heart attack and the whole team have to pull together to try and save him.

Simultaneously the victim of a gunshot wound is brought into the Emergency Department, and Jacob implements a ‘gun and gangs’ procedure. Despite this, the team struggle to prevent gang culture from infiltrating the department, as one casualty inevitably brings on more.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

perpetual (24-08-2015)

Casualty star Cathy Shipton has warned fans to have the tissues ready when she returns to the show as Duffy this weekend.

The actress reprises her role in two-part special 'A Child's Heart', which sees the life of long-running character Charlie Fairhead (Derek Thompson) hang in the balance in must-see scenes.

Duffy returns
    © BBC / Alistair Heap
    Cathy Shipton as Duffy

Kicking off the BBC medical drama's 30th series in style, viewers will see Charlie jump into freezing water to rescue Zoe Hanna following the explosion disaster on her wedding day.

Soon enough, it's Charlie who is left in terrible trouble as he suffers a heart attack and requires immediate treatment in the ED - just as Duffy returns as an agency nurse.

Duffy attends to Charlie
    © BBC / Alistair Heap
    Duffy attends to Charlie

Speaking of her comeback, original cast member Shipton revealed: "I was surprised and delighted to be asked to recreate the role of 'Duffy' to launch the 30th series - especially as Paul Unwin, one of the original creators, was not only writing but also directing. The scripts are page-turning tear-jerkers and I know I'll need the tissues on hand when I see the final edit!

"Appearing on-set in uniform again prompted a few tears - particularly from Derek, but strangely it was as if time had stood still and within a couple of hours it was business as usual.

"But what was most exciting is that the whole experience hasn't felt like going backwards at all. The new set, now based in Cardiff, is fantastic - allowing more filming opportunities with longer, more complex takes, as well as working for the first time with so many brilliant new cast members."

Charlie's life hangs in the balance
    © BBC / Alistair Heap
    Charlie's life hangs in the balance

She added: "I am proud to be playing Duffy again because like the series itself, she seems to have a real and lasting connection with the public.

"I wonder why I sometimes felt choked up seeing these new faces bringing the script to life, and I think it's because going into the 30th series, the heart of Casualty is still beating as strongly as ever."

Casualty continues on Saturday (August 29) at 8.45pm and Sunday (August 30) at 8pm on BBC One.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz3jkU4ThT8

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (24-08-2015), perpetual (24-08-2015)

Thread Information