Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tess (Nicola Stephenson)

Exclamation Tess (Nicola Stephenson)

Former Brookside and Waterloo Road star Nicola Stephenson is rejoining the soap world with a new role on Emmerdale.

The actress is being introduced to the ITV soap as a new character called Tess, a teaching assistant who will cross paths with Paddy Kirk.

Nicola Stephenson
    © ITV
    Nicola Stephenson

Little more is known about Tess at this stage, but show bosses have teased that she is a good-natured and warm character whose life will take an unexpected turn when she meets Paddy.

Speaking of her new role, Stephenson commented: "I'm thrilled to be joining the cast of Emmerdale. It's a British institution and I'm very excited about the storylines that they have planned for my character."

Emmerdale's series producer Kate Oates added: "I am delighted to welcome an actress of Nicola's calibre to the show. We are keeping the exact details of Tess's storyline under wraps, but it is safe to say she will mix things up in the village."

Stephenson previously played the role of Brookside's Margaret Clemence, who famously shared UK TV's first pre-watershed lesbian kiss with Anna Friel's character Beth Jordache in 1994.

More recently, she portrayed Waterloo Road's art teacher Allie Westbrook and had a starring role in ITV's Safe House.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz3jLXsZPy9

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (20-08-2015)

A new love for Paddy or Marlon

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    A new love for Paddy or Marlon
    Not Paddy, please, let him stay with Rhona but she sure could be good for Marlon

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (20-08-2015), mariba (20-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Not Paddy, please, let him stay with Rhona but she sure could be good for Marlon
    yes for marlon better

yes for marlon better

I think Paddy or Rhona could be due for an affair next

The actress looks rather plain looking I guess this is where British and American soaps differ. In the USA this actress would never get this role due to her plain jane appearance. But maybe the UK is more progressive where average looking people like this actress can get this role? I just think Rhona is way better looking than this lady. If they are looking for a woman stir trouble for Rhona and Paddy why not choose a woman who actually is pretty? This lady I feel is not attractive enough

Quote Originally Posted by Serena Williams View Post
    The actress looks rather plain looking I guess this is where British and American soaps differ. In the USA this actress would never get this role due to her plain jane appearance. But maybe the UK is more progressive where average looking people like this actress can get this role? I just think Rhona is way better looking than this lady. If they are looking for a woman stir trouble for Rhona and Paddy why not choose a woman who actually is pretty? This lady I feel is not attractive enough
    The latest Emmerdale episodes show that Paddy has been trying to set up Marlon for something romantic. As Marlon is not maybe overly good-looking, then Tess could be way above his league? Maybe Tess (actor Nicola Stephenson, real age 44yo) is yet just another lonesome hungry woman who wants some fool to give her money and things? But, of course, this is soapland. Marlon (actor Mark Charnock, real age 46yo) joined Emmerdale in 1996. I think he is is still soap-married to Laurel but his relationship with her is no longer something beyond other than taking care of the kids? His script is maybe overdue for a relationship with a predatory female visiting Emmerdale for just what she can get?

I suspect that Tess will initially try to seduce Paddy from his relationship with Rhona, even if Paddy means initially for Tess to have an internet dating relationship with Marlon. Maybe this is an Emmerdale love-square (there are so many ordinary, run-of-the-mill, three-somes in this small village with otherwise boring and predictable small Village-Life people maybe! Just move on everyone! Haha!). Love life is so blind and cruel at times, it seems! Maybe we never get what we really want/deserve in soapland?

Little more is known about Tess at this stage but show bosses have teased that 'she is a good-natured and warm character whose life will take an unexpected turn when she meets Paddy' (digitalspy.co.uk). Just what that means we'll maybe just have to wait and see! Sounds like: Just don't do it, Paddy. You'll be sorry! But maybe switch it all over to bestie buddy Marlon to deal with it as he is more-or-less single now and could maybe handle it better now that Laurel seems to be leaving for elsewhere/someone else.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlon_Dingle

Emmerdale spoilers: First look picture as Nicola Stephenson joins the show tonight

By Daniel Kilkelly
    Friday, Sep 25 2015, 00:01 BST

Former Brookside and Waterloo Road star Nicola Stephenson makes her first appearance on Emmerdale tonight (September 25).

The actress has joined the show's cast in the role of newcomer Tess, a teaching assistant who will cross paths with Paddy Kirk.

The storyline kicks off in tonight's special double bill of Emmerdale, which will also feature the shock shooting of resident villain Robert Sugden.

When Paddy accompanies Marlon Dingle (Mark Charnock) on a night out, two ladies catch the attention of his newly-single friend.

© ITV
    Nicola Stephenson appears as Tess

Marlon is keen to get to know both of the women a little better, but the meeting with Tess and her friend Chloe could have bigger consequences for Paddy.

Little more is known about Tess's storyline at the moment, but show bosses have tipped her to put the cat amongst the pigeons in a few weeks' time.

When Stephenson's casting in Emmerdale was announced last month, she commented: "I'm thrilled to be joining the cast of Emmerdale. It's a British institution and I'm very excited about the storylines that they have planned for my character."

Emmerdale's producer Kate Oates added: ""I am delighted to welcome an actress of Nicola's calibre to the show. We are keeping the exact details of Tess's storyline under wraps, but it is safe to say she will mix things up in the village."

Read more at: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...w-tonight.html
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 25-09-2015 at 00:11.

I think she left the singles thing early to meet Paddy - he makes an excuse and goes but gets home later than Marlon - sounds like an affair in the making to me .........................
    Last edited by Cheetah; 25-09-2015 at 20:00.

Thread Information