Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Home and Away: An Eye For An Eye

Exclamation Home and Away: An Eye For An Eye

Home and Away favourites Dan Ewing and Lisa Gormley are returning to the show for a spinoff episode.

The pair, who play on-screen couple Heath Braxton and Bianca Scott, will have starring roles in upcoming special Home and Away: An Eye for An Eye.

Dan Ewing and Lisa Gormley as Heath Braxton and Bianca Scott in Home and Away
    © Channel 5
    Dan Ewing and Lisa Gormley

An Eye for An Eye won't air on the show's usual home of Network Seven in Australia, as it has been commissioned specially for local streaming service Presto.

Focusing on the popular Braxton family, the episode will also feature current regulars Nic Westaway (Kyle), Bonnie Sveen (Ricky), Kyle Pryor (Nate), George Mason (Ash), Isabella Giovinazzo (Phoebe), Pia Miller (Kat) and Lynne McGranger (Irene).

Seven's CEO Tim Worner commented: "Home and Away is one of Australian television's most loved, well known and watched franchises that has been running continuously for 28 years since 1988.

"Home and Away: An Eye for An Eye is the next exciting moment in the history of Home and Away, and I am confident that it will be warmly embraced by the show's massive fanbase while exposing Home and Away to a potential new audience through Presto."

An Eye for An Eye will be a feature-length special running for over an hour. It will be made available at the end of the year, after the show's 2015 season finale airs on Seven.

Ewing and Gormley both left Home and Away last year but have been wooed back for the one-off project.

Digital Spy has reached out to Home and Away's British broadcaster Channel 5 to see if the episode will be picked up for UK audiences.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz3jFue5xMJ

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-08-2015), Pantherboy (19-08-2015), TaintedLove (20-08-2015)

Home and Away star Lisa Gormley has revealed that she would consider returning to the soap on a permanent basis.

The actress bowed out of her role as Bianca Scott last year, but will be returning to the show for a spin-off episode.

Gormley will have a starring role in Home and Away: An Eye for an Eye alongside her on-screen husband Dan Ewing, who plays Heath Braxton.

Discussing her decision to return to the show, Gormley admitted that she wouldn't turn down the offer to return full time but is unsure over what that would mean for Bianca's future with Heath.

The actress told TV Week: "I wanted to try other things but I would love to come back.

"Dan is probably going to do big Hollywood budget stuff so Bianca might have to get a divorce. She might have to pop into the Bay to visit Dr Nate now and again."

Speaking about what fans can expect from the spin-off special, Gormley said: "A lot of what is written are typical Bianca and Heath moments. It's hilarious."

An Eye for an Eye will be a feature-length special running for over an hour. It will be made available at the end of the year, after the show's 2015 season finale airs on Seven.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz3l34jOuOG

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-09-2015), Pantherboy (07-09-2015)

Home and Away lines up baby kidnap plot for Braxton spinoff special
    Home and Away's upcoming online special will focus on a shock kidnap storyline involving the Braxton family.
    The Summer Bay soap has lined up a feature-length episode titled An Eye For An Eye, which will see Dan Ewing and Lisa Gormley reprise their roles as Heath Braxton and Bianca Scott.
    With its release date getting closer, more details have now been revealed of the dramatic story that show bosses have in store.
    An Eye for an Eye follows on from this year's season finale episode on Network Seven in Australia, as the Braxton family face fresh turmoil when Ricky and Brax's baby son Casey is kidnapped.
    The clan's old enemy Gunno carries out the crime in a calculated act of revenge, leaving Heath, Ash and Kyle with a race against time as they frantically search for Casey.
    Bianca, Ricky and Phoebe will also be in the thick of the action as they try to raise the ransom money that Gunno is demanding.
    An Eye for an Eye has been commissioned specially for Australian streaming service Presto and will be released on Wednesday, December 9.
    Home and Away's British broadcaster Channel 5 has yet to confirm whether it plans to air the spinoff. Channel 5's Home and Away broadcasts won't reach the 2015 season finale episode until early next year due to the transmission gap between the UK and Australia.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-11-2015), lizann (14-11-2015), Pantherboy (13-11-2015), TaintedLove (15-11-2015), tammyy2j (15-11-2015)

Good, keep the baby kidnapping for the spin off

no nate or brax

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-11-2015), Pantherboy (15-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    no nate or brax
    Not sure about Nate, but I think I may have read somewhere that maybe Irene could also have a (minor) part in it??? As for Brax, when this Presto episode was first announced, there was speculation around that he may also be in it (given that he was coming back to Aust for the couple of mainstream H&A episodes). It doesn't look like that will be happening now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-11-2015)

Home and Away could get more spin-off shows following huge success of Braxton special
    Home and Away fans could be treated to more spin-off shows following the huge success of the Braxton special.
    The feature-length episode titled An Eye for an Eye was released on Australia's local streaming service Presto last night (December 9).
    Show favourites Dan Ewing and Lisa Gormley reprised their roles as Heath Braxton and Bianca Scott for the special, which followed on from this year's season finale episode on Network Seven and features the Braxton family facing fresh turmoil.
    With many viewers tuning in to see what lies ahead for Ricky following her discovery that Brax is alive, the demand for the one-off instalment was so high that Presto was forced to upgrade its systems overnight prior to its airing.
    Presto's subscribers also grew by 300% in the seven-day period when compared to regular week-on-week figures, and Home and Away Top 10 Episodes collections benefited from the massive influx of Summer Bay fans new to the service as well.
    With the success of its first long-form Australian TV commission having paid off, Presto is now said to be looking at the possibility of adding more Home and Away spin-offs to its streaming roster.
    Eye for an Eye is centred around the tragic kidnap of Ricky and Brax's son. When the clan's old enemy Gunno carries out the crime in a calculated act of revenge, Heath, Ash and Kyle are left with a race against time as they frantically search for baby Casey.
    Home and Away's British broadcaster Channel 5 has yet to confirm whether it plans to air the spin-off. Channel 5's Home and Away broadcasts won't reach the 2015 season finale episode until early next year due to the transmission gap between the UK and Australia.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-12-2015), Pantherboy (10-12-2015)

SPOILER ALERT! For anyone interested, & for those that won't be able to, or can't see/find, Eye for An Eye this is a run-down on what happened in the special episode so, SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! Please don't read on if you don't want to know what happened (remember it is separate to the regular episodes, so it is basically set in a "separate universe").

Toward the end of the regular season finale we saw Ricky & Nate get engaged at Zac & Leah's wedding & then back at the Braxton house, Phoebe (& Ash) tell Ricky that Brax is still alive. Eye for an Eye begins straight after this:
    Part 1
    A car pulls up outside & we see a microphone taped under the table in Ricky's flat. The guy in the car is listening in to them talking & overhears that Brax is still alive. He rings a guy in the Prison, who tells Gunno about Brax.
    Ricky is not happy with Phoebe & Ash for not telling her earlier etc. Ash tells her that Brax knows about her & Nate being together & he was ok she was moving on. Ricky says "what, so he can come back, when I am happy?".
    Gunno gets one of the inmates to stab him, & he is taken to the sick bay, where the nurse says he needs a hospital. The nurse goes with him in the ambulance. Inside, they hold hands - she is helping him escape!!
    Meanwhile, Kyle had come in & they told him Brax is alive. He has a go at Ash for not telling him - "You should have told me - he is my brother!"
    Heath & Bianca have now been told & they turn up at the house. Outside, Heath punches Ash for not telling them earlier. They re-unite with Ricky & Heath says they have to find Brax. Ricky "do we want to find him? He was willing to let us think he was dead!" Heath is not impressed with Brax also "How could he do this to everyone? We all had a right to know!"
    Nate phones Ricky & says he is coming over to celebrate their engagement with champagne. She says not to come over, she has a stomach bug. Nate is disappointed.
    We see Gunno & the nurse in a car outside the Braxton house, waiting for nightfall (we hear later that they overpowered the Ambulance driver/security guard & must have taken a gun).
    In the morning, Phoebe runs into Nate at the Diner & he asks how Ricky is. Phoebe plays along & says nothing. At the house Ricky wakes up & sees Casey is gone from his cot. She thinks Heath & Bianca must have taken him into the main house so she could sleep, but they don't know what she is talking about. Everyone panics & search the place. They run outside looking for Casey as Phoebe & Ash arrive.
    Ricky's phone rings. It is Gunno & he says Brax owes him money "where is he?" Get me $50,000 by 5pm. Don't call the cops or you will never see your baby again!"
    The nurse thought they were just going to run away together & says "this was not part of the plan". He says they need money to get away.
    The girls think of possible ways to get the money (the Gym accounts, the restaurant safe etc). The guys want to go after Gunno. Ash remembers that in prison he used to talk about Blackheath in the Blue Mountains as his old stomping ground. They think it is worth looking there.
    Kat gets a call from the Prison - Gunno has escaped.
    The girls can only get $10,000 together. Phoebe calls her Dad, but no go. Bianca will talk to Irene. Outside the Surf Club, Kat tells Ricky that Gunno is out - be careful! Ricky doesn't seem all that phased, which makes Kat a bit suspicious.
    The boys drive towards the Mountains. You see them driving along the Great Western Highway (this shot is right near where I live, by the way!!!), with the camera panning up towards the Blue Mountains in the distance.
    Nate goes to see Ricky but she doesn't tell him what is going on ("Casey is with Cheryl"), but tells him she is in trouble & needs money to pay off a debt, but can't tell him any details. He wants to know what is happening first, but she tells him to leave! Later she tells Phoebe that she can't tell Nate because he would go to the police.
    Bianca re-unites with Irene & ends up asking her for $50,000 saying it is for a house deposit - but they need it today. She can get $10,000 for them from the Bank.
    At Blackheath, baby Casey is crying & the nurse tells Gunno he has a temperature & needs a doctor/hospital. She is not happy - "we were only supposed to run away!". Gunno tells her to go to the chemist to get something for Casey, but no doctors!
    It is now on the News that Gunno & the Nurse are on the run - & they show pictures of them. At the Blackheath shops, the boys begin asking people if they have seen them (they have the news photos on their phones). Ash sees the nurse on the street & she gets into a car. He tells Heath & Kyle.

Part 2 in next post
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 12-12-2015 at 23:17.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-12-2015), Perdita (12-12-2015)

Part 2

The boys follow her car, but get stuck behind a truck & miss her car turn off onto a track. They turn back when they realise they have lost her.
    Nate tells Irene that Ricky is in trouble. She tells him that Bianca also wanted money - "what are they doing?"
    Phoebe tells Bianca that they should now tell the police (time is running out) - they are better equipped to handle this.
    The nurse tells Gunno that she was told the hospital is 30 minutes away "what are we doing with the baby? we had plans". She goes to leave, but Gunno threatens her.
    Kat sees Phoebe & Bianca & says she told Ricky that Gunno was out, but got no real reaction "Is Ricky ok? You would tell me if something was going on right?"
    Heath rings Ricky & says they saw the nurse & are looking for them.
    Nate is at the beach contemplating what to do & then goes to Ricky's place & gives her $10-11k (I think), but he isn't happy she doesn't trust him to help. She says it is not about trust - "I will tell you when I can".
    The boys are again asking people in the street if they have seen them. They go into the chemist who tells them she was there & asked how far it was to the hospital from such & such road (can't remember the name). They find the house & the nurses car is there. They break in but no-one is there (a cot is there though).
    Meanwhile Gunno, in another car, rings Ricky & says the deadline is now in 1 hour & gives her a place to meet him (a car park).
    Ash stays at the house in case Gunno returns. Heath & Kyle drive back.
    The girls prepare to go to the drop/exchange place in Phoebe's car.
    At the carpark they drop Ricky off with the money they have raised (less than $50k) & she waits for Gunno.
    Gunno drives up (the nurse is holding baby Casey) & asks Ricky for the money - he is not happy she doesn't have the full amount & drives off - Ricky screams & falls to the ground in despair.
    Nate & Irene discuss calling the cops, but Irene says they will just have to trust them. Kat turns up to talk to Nate & tells them Gunno has escaped & asks Nate to please tell her what is going on. He says he has nothing to tell!
    Bianca had put her phone in the bottom of the money bag so they can track Gunno's car (find my phone app). They tell Heath how to track them & they follow them back to the mountains'.
    Ash is hiding in the shed, but Gunno catches him (he has a gun) & asks him "where is Brax?". Ash jumps him & they fight, but Gunno knocks him out by hitting him with the gun.
    Gunno tells the nurse that he will make it up to her, but then he discovers the phone in the money bag & realises they are being tracked.
    They go to leave in the car, but it won't start. Heath & Kyle arrive. The nurse takes the baby & runs into the bush. Kyle & Ash (who must have recovered!) chase & catch her - Casey is safe.
    Gunno also runs into the bush & Heath chases & corners him on a cliff top - Gunno realises Heath is Brax's brother. Kyle phones Heath & lets him know Casey is ok.
    Gunno & Heath fight & Gunno ends up dangling over the edge of the cliff - Heath has him by the arm/hand. He says, "Save me Heath", but Heath says "you will have no more fun with my family", & lets him fall.
    They take Casey home & there is a big re-union with Ricky outside the house.
    We see Nate by himself back at the beach (pondering things!).
    In the last scene we see Gunno lying at the bottom of the cliff, but then the camera closes in & his hand moves/twitches!! Roll the credits!!

(I didn't really check my typing, so I hope there aren't too many errors!! Anyway, for those interested or didn't/won't get to see Eye for an Eye, I hope this is informative!)
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 12-12-2015 at 23:11.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-12-2015), Perdita (12-12-2015), Red dress (13-12-2015), TaintedLove (10-01-2016)

Thanks for posting this Pantherboy. I've resisted reading it so far, but I don't know how long that'll last lol. I'm sure lots of others (including forum lurkers who won't be able to thank you) will be very grateful to you too.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (12-12-2015), Perdita (12-12-2015)

Thread Information