Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Piper Willis

Neighbours makes a welcome return to our screens on Monday after a whopping five-week break, which can only mean one thing... loads more 'Typer' drama to keep us entertained.

Popular couple Tyler Brennan and Piper Willis finally reunited in the season finale week, but while fans may have rejoiced, Brad and Terese aren't quite on board the "Typer" train just yet. And could Paige's pregnancy throw a spanner in the works too?

Digital Spy recently caught up with Mavournee Hazel, who plays Piper, for some early hints on all the drama to come.

What kind of a reaction did you see when the fans found out that Tyler and Piper would reunite?

"Oh my gosh, Twitter has been insane. So many of our dedicated Typer fans couldn't wait for the episode. One girl, who's a really die-hard fan, even took the night off work so she could watch it. Another girl had a calendar with a countdown to the day of the reunion. The reaction was really exciting."

Were you both pleased with the way the reunion scenes were written?

"Absolutely. There was a time when Trav and I were speaking to the writers and they were like: 'Oh, maybe they won't get back together'. But we really, really wanted to reward the fans for their support. I think the producers felt the same way, so that's what we decided to do.

"Trav and I were really excited when we saw the scripts and how romantic the scenes were. Whenever we read our scenes, the first thing we think of is the fans and how we can milk it so they can love it even more. So hopefully the reunion was worth the wait."

Do the writers always keep the fans and their opinions in mind when plotting the storylines?

"Yes and no. When I first started on the show, the writers had already kind of plotted Piper's arc - her storylines for two or three years. But then they have more meetings and everything is plotted in more detail six months in advance.

"So huge things don't tend to change, but when you get down to the finesse of a scene, the writers do take the fans into account. Recently I was in with Stephen Vagg, who's our Head of Story, and he was like: 'Have you seen the comments on the Twitter and the Facebook pages?' So they're definitely aware of it."

So what's next for Tyler and Piper?

"We're still facing the Brad and Terese brick wall. That will forever and always be an issue. It's the only reason why we can't be together and nothing changes in that respect anytime soon, but Tyler and Piper's approach to it does change. We've been respectful and mature about it... but lust is lust and love is love."

Who's more against the relationship - Brad or Terese?

"I think despite them being divorced and resenting each other in some aspects, Brad and Terese actually have common ground when it comes to this. For Brad, Piper is his little girl and he doesn't want her to be corrupted. He also doesn't like the fact that Tyler has been with her sisters!

"Terese doesn't want to see her baby go either. It's also only her and Piper living at the house at the moment and she doesn't have much else than work going on, so she doesn't want to see Piper go into the arms of Tyler."

There are some people who think Piper is a fool to take Tyler back...

"Fair enough! (Laughs.)"

Do you think Tyler has what it takes to prove those people wrong and be a good boyfriend?

"I do. The core of Tyler, despite his small slip-ups, is that he does really care and love Piper. The foundation of their relationship is that it's a friendship and they genuinely care about each other. So he does make a good boyfriend.

"It is still quite hard because of the age difference. Piper is still at school, whereas he can go to bars and flirt with girls if he wants to, and she isn't there to supervise. But he is a good boyfriend and they're building on the trust."

Do you get involved much in Paige's baby storyline?

"Quite involved. Especially at the start of it, because when Paige and the baby storyline comes out, the first thing Piper thinks and dreads is the possibility that Tyler could be the father.

"But other things crop up in Piper's life which become even more important than her sister being pregnant. That sounds horrible now that I'm saying it out loud, but all will be revealed."

Not all couples in the show get such a big following. How much has it meant to have so much support?

"It's amazing. When the relationship first started, there was a big uproar. I think it was from the older audience, who thought it was really creepy and they weren't a fan of it. But it's really the younger audience who've taken a shine to the relationship.

"It's so important to have that, because I'm not dreading episodes airing anymore and worrying about what people will say about them. That's because of the support. It means so much to me and Trav, because we both have the same approach with how we interact with fans and we think it's really important to get back to them."

So what's the funniest Typer tweet you've ever seen?

"I couldn't narrow it down! As soon as Trav and I mentioned how much we loved the gifs and memes that people make for us, they started coming in so thick and fast.

"There's also a fan account who does these incredible sketches of the cast and she has done so many of Tyler and Piper. So that's not necessarily a funny tweet, but it's something that's always in the forefront of our minds. She's even given framed ones to Scott McGregor in the past and they're hanging up in the green room. It's so rewarding."

Have you shot any scenes with Rob Mills, who's playing the new teacher Finn Kelly?

"I actually have shot a few. Because he's at the school, we do have scenes together. We haven't shot too many so far, but he is such a lovely guy to work with. He's also a great energy to have in the green room. It was nice to have a bit of fresh air coming into the show towards the end of the year, when we all needed a bit of a morale boost."

We have to ask about Piper and Angus too. Would you ever like to see Jai Waetford back for another stint in the role?

"Oh my God, I loved Jai – I absolutely adore him. I would love for him to come back, absolutely. I really liked their on-screen relationship as well.

"Jai and I got on so well. He found out very early on into his time on Neighbours that I'm a very anxious person so whenever I get scared, I have a huge reaction – I jump and fall to the ground!

"When the episode aired when Angus and Piper slept together, Angus was copping a lot of hate. So I posted this compilation of 7 videos where he'd set up a camera and scared me. I love Jai and would love to see him back, although I'm not sure the fans would!"

Neighbours returns for its new season on Monday, January 9 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

MellBee (07-01-2017), Pantherboy (07-01-2017), Ruffed_lemur (07-01-2017)

I'd love to see those clips of her being scared by Jai

And not quite on board the Typer train is a massive understatement. Brad and Terese are doing their very best to derail the Typer train

Piper Willis's big feud with Elly Conway is reignited on Neighbours next week as they clash angrily outside of school hours.

Trouble brews when Elly catches Piper (Mavournee Hazel) paying a secret visit to the bar where Tyler Brennan has started working, determined to keep an eye on her boyfriend.

The latest storyline for "Typer" sees Piper get hold of a fake ID in desperation, as she feels she isn't spending enough time with Tyler (Travis Burns) now that he's so busy with his new job.

Piper is also concerned about all of the flirtatious women who might want to make a pass at Tyler while he's working, so she's eager to mark her territory by staying close by.

Piper Willis shows off her fake ID in Neighbours
    © CHANNEL 5
    Unfortunately, when Piper pays a very paranoid visit to the bar, it coincides with a night out that her schoolteacher Elly (Jodi Anasta) has organised at the very same venue.

Tyler is quick to warn Piper that she needs to leave before she's caught, but it's too late as eagle-eyed Elly spots her almost instantly.

Elly is annoyed enough that her fun night out with Paige Smith and Amy Williams has been interrupted, but her anger levels escalate when she spots that Piper has a fake ID.

Piper is equally livid when Elly orders her straight home and warns that they'll be picking this up at school tomorrow. Uh-oh...

Tyler Brennan isn't happy to see Piper Willis at the bar in Neighbours
    © CHANNEL 5

Elly Conway catches Piper Willis with a fake ID in Neighbours
    © CHANNEL 5
    The next day, Elly warns Piper that she has a responsibility as a teacher to shut the fake ID ring down. But will Piper co-operate by coming clean over who supplied her with it?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, February 20 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel

Digital Spy

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (13-02-2017), Dazzle (13-02-2017), MellBee (13-02-2017), Pantherboy (13-02-2017)

Piper is so immature and I'm actually fed up of her. Everyone seems dead set on defending her actions and painting Brad and Terese as villains when really they're her parents who are looking out for her. Yes they've made mistakes but they are adults now so they can recognise how stupid their actions were and try to prevent their daughter doing the same thing. As the authority they're absolutely entitled to monitor her behaviour in this way.
    Piper runs away whenever she doesn't get her way, and then expects her parents to help her with expenses. She is clearly obssessed with Tyler who, age gap aside, is pretty lame. In fact he's worse than her because he ran away from home at 25 years of age. So embarrassing. I think people like their characters because their personalities as a whole are quite funny, but that doesn't mean their actions are always justifiable.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PennyMartin For This Useful Post:

badirene (13-02-2017), Dazzle (13-02-2017), lellygurl (18-02-2017)

Piper is so immature and I'm actually fed up of her. Everyone seems dead set on defending her actions and painting Brad and Terese as villains when really they're her parents who are looking out for her. Yes they've made mistakes but they are adults now so they can recognise how stupid their actions were and try to prevent their daughter doing the same thing. As the authority they're absolutely entitled to monitor her behaviour in this way.
    Piper runs away whenever she doesn't get her way, and then expects her parents to help her with expenses. She is clearly obssessed with Tyler who, age gap aside, is pretty lame. In fact he's worse than her because he ran away from home at 25 years of age. So embarrassing. I think people like their characters because their personalities as a whole are quite funny, but that doesn't mean their actions are always justifiable.

The series of photos is awesome. pic 1 and piper is all smiley with her brand new fake ID then it all goes pear shaped!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aussieguy For This Useful Post:

badirene (13-02-2017)

Article on Mavournee Hazel (Piper) in the Daily Telegraph's Saturday BW Magazine:

Neighbours’ Mavournee Hazel and Rebekah Elmaloglou forge connection beyond soap set.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...495?width=1024

ONE glance at Mavournee Hazel’s Instagram page tells the story of a beautiful 21-year-old, doe-eyed and decked in designer garb, strolling through the streets of Paris on a recent holiday.

Another shot captures her in a striking evening gown, flirtatiously peeking back over her shoulder as she walks the red carpet.

A third picture shows the Neighbours star seductively licking her lips, gazing confidently down the barrel of the camera.

But the girl behind the frame is far less polished and decidedly more vulnerable than the pictures let on.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...9534?width=650

Thrust into soap stardom at 19, Hazel has found growing into adulthood and discovering her identity in the spotlight both uncomfortable and overwhelming.

Cast as the turbulent young character of Piper, she was catapulted from a life of teenage obscurity and financial insecurity to the bright lights of fame.

Suddenly, the pay cheques began rolling in, there were red carpets to walk, and a media profile to maintain. And there was a girl from the Adelaide Hills, clinging on for dear life.

“I feel like I got thrust into this really adult world but there were a lot of things a normal 21 year-old hadn’t processed yet, and I feel like they kind of all caught up with me,” Hazel tells BW Magazine.

However, in a second stroke of luck she was cast as the onscreen daughter to Terese Willis, played by actor Rebekah Elmaloglou.

The two women clicked instantly and forged a friendship that saw Elmaloglou extend her maternal qualities far beyond the requirements of her role.

“Mav’s just one of those people I can spend time with,” says Elmaloglou, 43.

“We can talk very openly with each other. I have been there through her growing out of her teens and I made a speech at her 21st. I wasn’t planning to but I just wanted to — and I’m a terrible speech maker,” she laughs.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...b26f?width=316
    https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...9a63?width=316

“There’s just a connection between us that’s really special and there is a part of her that reminds me of my little boy, Kai,” says Elmaloglou, who has a nine-year-old son with husband, Kane Baker.

Kai equally feels the connection, referring to Hazel fondly as his “sister”.

For Hazel, having a Melbourne ‘family’ while she’s away from her own, has been wonderfully grounding during years of intense self-inquiry.

“She’s given me a lot of personal advice,” says Hazel.

“We really are intertwined with each other’s personal lives just as much as we are our characters’ lives. We talk about everything. She’s helped me a lot with my sexuality.

“I’m not an overly sexual person, at all, like relationships have never been a priority for me and I keep thinking, ‘Am I broken? I don’t get it. I’m 21 and I have no interest in anyone?!’

“But she told me it was fine, it was normal, and not to label anything or myself or put myself into a box, which took a lot of the pressure off.

“People are always asking, ‘What’s Mav’s deal? Why doesn’t she like anyone? Why isn’t she ever with anyone? And I don’t know. I’m not attracted to anyone but it’s just something that I’m trying to find out myself.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...adc9?width=316
    https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...334c?width=316

“I don’t want to label this as my coming out because it’s definitely not that. I don’t identify as gay. I just think I’m a people person. I just fall in love with a person for who they are as a person rather than what they are born with,” she says.

Despite sharing an age-gap of more than 20 years, the women discovered they had plenty in common. Wandering the streets of Melbourne on breaks from filming, the actors began to talk increasingly openly about work, their personal lives and their struggles.

Like Hazel, Elmaloglou grew up in the spotlight, after she was cast on Home & Away at just 15.

She similarly found the daily churn and burn of filming soap opera and the pressures of being a household name took their toll, and after three years she took leave suffering from exhaustion and obsessive compulsive disorder.

In 1993, Elmaloglou left Home & Away and spent the next years starring in guest roles on A Country Practice, Pacific Drive, Water Rats and All Saints — as well as returning to Home & Away for three short stints.

However, there was frequently long stretches between gigs and money was often scarce.

“When young kids come on the show I always tell them, ‘save your money’ because they get really excited. Suddenly you’re earning good money and then bang you’re out in the real world, cleaning toilets,” says Elmaloglou.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...132e?width=650

“I’ve done all sorts of things — retail, childcare, cleaning houses. So I definitely appreciate Neighbours.”

She recalls the light bulb moment five years ago, when reflecting on her happily married life and having just become a mother to her little boy, she suddenly realised there was one painfully absent element — her career.

“Finding it again was quite difficult,” says Elmaloglou.

“It’s not easy getting back into it and it’s that frustration when you’re not doing your passion job and having to do other things to make ends meet.”

Although only at the cusp of her 20s, Hazel has similarly felt the harsh financial reality of being an out-of-work actor.

She moved from her family home in the Adelaide Hills to Sydney to try her luck on the audition circuit but by the time she got the call back from Neighbours, she had just enough money left in her bank account to afford a flight to Melbourne.

If Hazel didn’t impress producers and get the gig, she would have no choice but to return to Adelaide, feeling like she’d failed.

But in a sliding doors moment, she gelled instantly with the actors at her onscreen chemistry reading and got the job.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...4ee7?width=650

Soon her star began to rise.

Since her first appearance in late 2015, Hazel has developed a strong fanbase both locally and in the UK, with 93,000 followers on Instagram.

She has also become fast friends with fellow Neighbours ‘"It" girl’ Olympia Valance — who was recently linked to One Direction heart-throb Niall Horan — and the girls spent the European summer together travelling through France, Spain and the UK.

But despite her envy-worthy existence, it’s the simple life Hazel craves most.

“My family call me Mawn or Mawnie, and I realised recently how much I just need to be Mawn or Mawnie sometimes,” she says, revealing she’d much rather put on a face mask and watch The Great British Bake Off than party at a fancy event.

But with Piper due to explore her most dramatic storylines yet in the next few months, it’s unlikely Hazel’s star will be fading anytime soon.

Thankfully though, should the going get too tough, she’ll have Elmaloglou by her side.

“She really is like a mum to me and I call her Mamma, I don’t call her Bek,” says Hazel.

“She understands me and the nature of my job and the industry, and the pressures and insecurities that come with it. She’s just been a mentor and a sister and a mother — she’s been incredible.

Neighbours airs 6.30pm weeknights on Eleven.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (24-11-2017)

how is tyler sticking piper, he happy id say he banged up

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours boss Jason Herbison confirms Piper Willis's future on the show.

Is she staying or going?

Neighbours fans will be pleased to know that Piper Willis won't be leaving anytime soon as Jason Herbison has confirmed that she'll be staying on the show for the foreseeable.

Some fans have been speculating about Piper's future on the Aussie soap, given that Olympia Valance and Travis Burns – who play her sister Paige and boyfriend Tyler – have finished filming.

However, it looks like there is no need to worry after all as show boss Jason has insisted that there is still plenty of drama for Mavournee Hazel's character in the pipeline.

"We have lots of plans for Piper so we won't be saying farewell to her any time soon," Jason said in an interview with Perfect Blend.

"I am constantly blown away by Mav's talent and couldn't be more proud of the work she's doing. Terese is such a good character too, capable of many shades, we never lack storylines for her."

Speaking about what else is coming up, Jason added: "We've just announced the return of Jane Harris – such a thrill.

"Annie pitched a story idea which I really loved. She had a personal investment in it and I think that comes through.

"Beyond this, I can say we will be bringing back a minor character from the past down the track, however played by a different actor. I think viewers will get a kick out of the direction we've gone.

"We are also planning to revamp the opening titles which I'm very excited about too."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (27-02-2018)

Oh crap so we have to see her cry in every scene for the next few years

Thread Information