Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale Spoilers 24th - 28th August 2015

Pete wasn't in the house with them, it was James his father!
    Tuareet

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuareet For This Useful Post:

Telly Watcher (20-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuareet View Post
    Pete wasn't in the house with them, it was James his father!
    Oops, was half awake. Script between Emma and James now corrected in original post.

Yeah-but surely if he got to hospital somehow, he would have been really bad way. They would have contacted the next of kin(we all have one in hospital records) or if he didn't know who he was himself due to head injury, they would have definitely contacted police. That's of course in real life..
    I reckon he hasn't gone to hospital at all, not around there anyway. He has plenty of dodgy friends I'm sure who he could have rang for help.
    We don't know how close to the hospital the railway station is? Maybe just next to it. He could have just parked it there out of view(because of Cain)when he went to see Debbie.
    UNLESS-Pete used Ross's car to move the 'body' and then abandoned it at the railway station??
    Last edited by mariba; 20-08-2015 at 17:42.

Quote Originally Posted by mariba View Post
    Yeah-but surely if he got to hospital somehow, he would have been really bad way. They would have contacted the next of kin(we all have one in hospital records) or if he didn't know who he was himself due to head injury, they would have definitely contacted police. That's of course in real life..
    I reckon he hasn't gone to hospital at all, not around there anyway. He has plenty of dodgy friends I'm sure who he could have rang for help.
    We don't know how close to the hospital the railway station is? Maybe just next to it. He could have just parked it there out of view(because of Cain)when he went to see Debbie.
    Yes, I'm happy with these suggestions, mariba. A fresh eye from someone else with a different perspective and the sharing of ideas is always helpful in these matters.

I did wonder about the location of the station and whether it was near the hospital or not. I also wondered about the hospital and if he got treated or not, but if he was then maybe he was lucid enough to say he fell down somehow and it was just an accident involving no-one else and not a police matter as far as hospital staff were concerned? I think it is possible to not have to give details of any next-of-kin to be contacted if showing up as an adult at A&E for treatment after a personal accident. I also couldn't think of how he could be able to get on a train (where a guard would have been there to check tickets, etc) whilst covered in blood and looking really bad unless he had somehow been cleaned up first and had his wounds dealt with. Him staying with a friend in Hotten or anywhere else near the woods would also work. Of course, we might all be shocked on Tuesday August 25th if his dead body gets found in the woods by Pete and James, but I for one at least hope that this doesn't happen and am encouraged by the spoiler hints and suggestions given for now from several sources that Mike Parr has, until very recently at least, been seen to be working hard on the Emmerdale set around Leeds and so somehow must have survived the dumping in the woods by Pete.

What really happened to Ross after he was dumped in the woods by Pete might never be shown in a TV episode. After all, it wasn't shown on TV what happened during the time between when he ran to the village from the quarry and then appeared at the hospital later. I suspect that all we might see at some time in the future is when he re-appears (I hope) in Emmerdale later, unless Emmerdale shows a flashback sequence (unlikely, I reckon, it doesn't seem to be that kind of show, not being American and all that) or Ross gives clues away in his future spoken script. So we may only be left with our guesses and theories about the time-gap.

I am still waiting in the hope that Mike Parr will give an unambiguous statement about the Ross character. His Twitter posts remain ambiguous and incomplete. I don't think he has lied to his fans but he has maybe remained silent about definite details and about giving definite statements. Actors by profession play fake characters and essentially lie to their viewers under the illusion of suspending belief for viewers in what they as actors are doing. This, of course, is what the viewers are paying for, to be entertained in a fantasy world outside reality and normal life.

Here are some Twitter posts Mike Parr has made about Ross since he got 'killed off' on August 6th.

Michael Parr ‏@MikeParrActor Aug 6
    >
    Cheerio Ross!!! You caused some trouble in that village lad!
    >

>>Telly Watcher: (This could mean: Cheerio Ross!!! You caused some trouble in that village lad! But Ross is going to be back in a while to cause even more!)

Michael Parr ‏@MikeParrActor Aug 6
    >
    Michael Parr retweeted Duncan Foster

Giz a job. In all honesty I've never been prouder to be part of a piece drama. Thank you for your guidance x

Michael Parr added,
    Duncan Foster @duncanfo
    @MikeParrActor you were superb mike. Catch up soon. C
    >

>>Telly Watcher: (This could mean: Giz a job. In all honesty I've never been prouder to be part of a piece drama. Thank you for your guidance x. But I'm laying low for a while but I'm still on Emmerdale soon in the future and need something in the meantime to tide me over.)

Michael Parr ‏@MikeParrActor Aug 7
    >
    I forgot how much auditions absolutely suck.
    >

>>Telly Watcher: (This could mean: I forgot how much auditions absolutely suck. But I like to see what else is around that might pay better and add kudos points to my CV. Whatever happens on this, Ross is coming back on Emmerdale in due course, as the pay, working conditions and banter between me and fellow actors are just awesome.)

Michael Parr ‏@MikeParrActor Aug 14
    >
    Off to London now. Got a new job, can't say what it is but when we start rehearsals I'll let you know.
    >

>>Telly Watcher: (This could mean: Off to London now. Got a new job, can't say what it is but when we start rehearsals I'll let you know. It's only a short fixed-term contract thing, maybe part-time for now, but I want to see what else is around that might pay better and improve my CV. Whatever happens on this, Ross is coming back to Emmerdale in due course.)

Michael Parr ‏@MikeParrActor Aug 17
    >
    Michael Parr retweeted Loz Wuz

It's been overwhelming. Thank you so much to everyone who signed. Very proud to have worked with Kate Oates

Michael Parr added,
    Loz Wuz @LauraWoollin
    You must be pretty chuffed if you're an actor that leaves a show and people start a petition to get you back @MikeParrActor
    >

>>Telly Watcher: (This could mean: It's been overwhelming. Thank you so much to everyone who signed. But the petition wasn't necessary really. Looks like the people up North, especially around Yorkshire (where Emmerdale is filmed and I'm known really well) and Merseyside (where I come from, that's St Helens, mert) knew all along that I haven't left Emmerdale but to suggest this really helps to keep viewers glued to Emmerdale episodes on the TV and keeps viewer ratings high until I come back as Ross. Very proud to have worked with Kate Oates. But our professional relationship isn't over yet, she's a really great boss and I'll be seen in Emmerdale on TV in the not-too-distant future, you'll see later.)

Michael Parr ‏@MikeParrActor Aug 18
    >
    Bailey....can't find you on here. Quinny finally gave me your presents. Thank you so so much, not necessary but I'extremely generous x
    >

>>Telly Watcher: (This could mean: Bailey....can't find you on here. Quinny finally gave me your presents. Thank you so so much, not necessary but I'extremely generous x. I haven't left Emmerdale really, you've wasted your time and money getting me presents though as I'm back on Emmerdale on TV really soon, just you wait and see.)

Source: https://twitter.com/MikeParrActor/with_replies

Adlibs by Telly Watcher ;)

In all seriousness though, what I'd really like to read is something very definite about Ross on Emmerdale from Mike Parr, with no ambiguity at all.

For example, Twitter post "Very proud to have worked with Kate Oates."

Here are two possible instances for what this could really mean, if a definite unambiguous statement was made.

1)
    Very proud to have worked with Kate Oates. I had a great time on Emmerdale from 2013-2015 but my Ross character was killed off, I am no longer one of the Emmerdale cast and I now have a full-time job in London which involves rehearsals until the show begins later this year. I am also playing the role of 'G' in the next instalments of the film 'Dark Ascension'.

or,

2)
    Very proud to have worked with Kate Oates. I hope that I can give much more to Emmerdale, the future looks really exciting for Ross and the latest script is terrific. Anthony is such a great guy to work alongside and the rest of the Emmerdale cast are a great laugh and we have great banter between us, especially between me, Kelvin, Danny and Adam.

I suppose that time will tell what happens next.
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 20-08-2015 at 18:14.

Didn't anyone else think that when they said his car was impounded weeks ago sounded like it was longer before the disaster?

Also what car did Pete actually use to take Ross' body to the woods? He was driven to the hospital so who's car was it?

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/emmerdale...onger-a-barton

"While Pete is trying to talk to Debbie, who wants nothing to do with him, James tells Emma what their son has just told him – that he killed Ross. With that, the mum is on a mission to find her son’s body"

So this spoiler gives an even bigger indicator that his body isn't there in the woods.

I had the same thoughts as you mariba. If he was in a bad way in a hospital then if they couldn't identify him that the police would have been involved. But then who knows what with patient confidentiality and all that. Or he could have got to a hospital and then later discharged himself, that would be something I could see Ross doing. He had some pretty big bangs to the head so I would be surprised if there wasn't any damage. And if someone was helping him it would be pretty difficult for them to give him treatment. Maybe once there is a police report that he is actually missing his whereabouts might come to light. His phone would be no use as it was in water. assuming it was on him when he jumped. So unless he put it in rice it probably wont work

As for the tweets Telly Watcher since Ross has been gone. Not from him but according to a tweet someone seen him in Leeds yesterday so he must be going back and forth to London and Leeds. But that probably isn't a surprise seeing as he lives there and his (possible) girlfriend does too
    Last edited by Dalesfan; 20-08-2015 at 18:50.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalesfan For This Useful Post:

Telly Watcher (21-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalesfan View Post
    Didn't anyone else think that when they said his car was impounded weeks ago sounded like it was longer before the disaster?

Also what car did Pete actually use to take Ross' body to the woods? He was driven to the hospital so who's car was it?

\\\\\"While Pete is trying to talk to Debbie, who wants nothing to do with him, James tells Emma what their son has just told him – that he killed Ross. With that, the mum is on a mission to find her son’s body\\\\\"

So this spoiler gives an even bigger indicator that his body isn't there in the woods.

I had the same thoughts as you mariba. If he was in a bad way in a hospital then if they couldn't identify him that the police would have been involved. But then who knows what with patient confidentiality and all that. Or he could have got to a hospital and then later discharged himself, that would be something I could see Ross doing. He had some pretty big bangs to the head so I would be surprised if there wasn't any damage. And if someone was helping him it would be pretty difficult for them to give him treatment. Maybe once there is a police report that he is actually missing his whereabouts might come to light. His phone would be no use as it was in water. assuming it was on him when he jumped. So unless he put it in rice it probably wont work

As for the tweets Telly Watcher since Ross has been gone. Not from him but according to a tweet someone seen him in Leeds yesterday so he must be going back and forth to London and Leeds. But that probably isn't a surprise seeing as he lives there and his (possible) girlfriend does too
    dalesfan wrote:
    >
    >

I thought this, but Emma was upset and maybe not thinking clearly. By then, Ross had been missing for 13 days, so almost 2 weeks.

dalesfan wrote:
    >
    >

Many thanks for this question, I'm really glad you brought this up as it has brought a number of things to light for me this morning. I just fast-forwarded through the episode from Wednesday August 5th and played it at normal speed to watch Pete put injured Debbie into a large greyish 4-door hatch-back (possibly a VW) 4x4-type car with a nearly vertical flat hatch and outside handrails on top along the edges of the roof and registration number something like QW14 MHJ?. This had been driven by Rhona to outside The Woolpack (so Rhona's car?). It is unclear who drove to the hospital in this car, it could have Rhona driving with Pete in the passenger seat, or Pete driving? At this time, Ross was standing on the road at the top of the hill watching them. The car sped off in the other direction to hospital. After Ruby's death scene the action continues with Pete bursting into the hospital carrying Debbie in his arms and he lays her down into the A&E reception area. Then the camera pans to the entrance door and Ross is already standing there looking on and asks Pete "Is she dead". End of episode.

So Ross must have driven to the hospital in his own car. I can't remember off-hand what his usual car is, however, but I seem to vaguely remember from previous episodes at Debbie's garage it could be something dark and sporty?

In the second Thursday August 6th episode, Pete is in the woods with unconscious/'dead' Ross inside the boot of a dark (grey?) low-height 2-door(?) hatch-back VW car with a more sloping hatch and no handrails along the top, so Ross was definitely in the boot of a different car to the one that took Debbie and Pete to the hospital. I'm now thinking that Pete took Ross's body to the woods in Ross' own car?. This definitely needs more study. If this was indeed Ross's car, maybe Pete drove it from the woods and back to the station and abandoned it there, then got a taxi or walked to the hospital. If this happened, then Ross wouldn't know this and would still think it was at the hospital. He also wouldn't have the keys for it anyway so it would stay there waiting to be impounded for having no parking ticket. I think somewhere in someone's script it said Pete was missing from the hospital for about 2 hours. Cain's script? Maybe I could check when I've got more time.

dalesfan wrote:
    >

"While Pete is trying to talk to Debbie, who wants nothing to do with him, James tells Emma what their son has just told him – that he killed Ross. With that, the mum is on a mission to find her son’s body"

>

Yes, this really gives the game away. This scene with Pete, Emma and James is aired on Wednesday August 26th, in the episode after the Tuesday one where James and Pete go to the woods to look for Ross' body. So, there's no body found in the woods at the location where they look.

WhatsonTV wrote in latest web magazine accessed on August 21st:
    >
    'You’re no longer a Barton'
    7:00pm, Wednesday, 26 August 2015, ITV

"While Pete is trying to talk to Debbie, who wants nothing to do with him, James tells Emma what their son has just told him – that he killed Ross. With that, the mum is on a mission to find her son’s body. When Pete later dares to come home, he discovers he is no longer welcome."
    >
    Source: http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/emmerdale...onger-a-barton

dalesfan wrote:
    >
    >

Yes, I seem to remember reading somewhere on Twitter that Mike Parr walks through Leeds railway station avoiding fans by pretending to be on his mobile phone, wearing a hat pulled low down and staring at the floor ahead of him. I wouldn't want to drive from Leeds to London on a regular basis, and the train is how I'd go too.

I was reading just last night about the latest Strictly Come Dancing news for 2015. This programme starts to air on Saturday September 5th. New contestants are still being reported as joining the show for definite but Mike Parr is not mentioned as yet, even as a possible. There is a lot of secrecy about this show on this. Last year the show was made at the Elstree Studios in Borehamwood, Herts, and I think it's the same place for this year. Although Elstree is technically Hertfordshire, it's very near to the Outer Ring Road and I've always thought of it as being just like Outer London myself. The train journey from Leeds to Elstree & Borehamwood takes about 3 hours and involves going from Leeds to London King's Cross, walking across to London St Pancras International, then train to Elstree & Borehamwood. Elstree Studios has a terrific history for making blockbuster movies and TV shows (East Enders and Hollyoaks are made there at present) and would look good on any actor's CV. If Mike Parr is going to take part in Strictly, then joining about now for rehearsals would be about right for a new contestant. Last year's Strictly was on TV for 3 months from launch night on September 7th, with live TV shows up to nearly Christmas 2014. If this is Mike Parr's new job, then it will end around Christmas this year.

Read more about Elstree Studios at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elstree_Studios

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

Dalesfan (21-08-2015)

Last edited by mariba; 21-08-2015 at 10:59.

1. There isn't any body in the woods and Ross is alive. (most likely and wished scenario) But why would Emma say that she wants to find Ross's body if the body isn't where it was left? Surely first hope as a mother would be ' oh my son is alive! '

2. Pete and James find Ross's body but James helps Pete to get rid of it.(this would drag on for months before-if ever- the truth would come out.)
    Last edited by mariba; 21-08-2015 at 10:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    dalesfan wrote:
    >

Many thanks for this question, I'm really glad you brought this up as it has brought a number of things to light for me this morning. I just fast-forwarded through the episode from Wednesday August 5th and played it at normal speed to watch Pete put injured Debbie into a large greyish 4-door hatch-back (possibly a VW) 4x4-type car with a nearly vertical flat hatch and outside handrails on top along the edges of the roof and registration number something like QW14 MHJ?. This had been driven by Rhona to outside The Woolpack (so Rhona's car?). It is unclear who drove to the hospital in this car, it could have Rhona driving with Pete in the passenger seat, or Pete driving? At this time, Ross was standing on the road at the top of the hill watching them. The car sped off in the other direction to hospital. After Ruby's death scene the action continues with Pete bursting into the hospital carrying Debbie in his arms and he lays her down into the A&E reception area. Then the camera pans to the entrance door and Ross is already standing there looking on and asks Pete \\"Is she dead\\". End of episode.

So Ross must have driven to the hospital in his own car. I can't remember off-hand what his usual car is, however, but I seem to vaguely remember from previous episodes at Debbie's garage it could be something dark and sporty?

In the second Thursday August 6th episode, Pete is in the woods with unconscious/'dead' Ross inside the boot of a dark (grey?) low-height 2-door(?) hatch-back VW car with a more sloping hatch and no handrails along the top, so Ross was definitely in the boot of a different car to the one that took Debbie and Pete to the hospital. I'm now thinking that Pete took Ross's body to the woods in Ross' own car?. This definitely needs more study. If this was indeed Ross's car, maybe Pete drove it from the woods and back to the station and abandoned it there, then got a taxi or walked to the hospital. If this happened, then Ross wouldn't know this and would still think it was at the hospital. He also wouldn't have the keys for it anyway so it would stay there waiting to be impounded for having no parking ticket. I think somewhere in someone's script it said Pete was missing from the hospital for about 2 hours. Cain's script? Maybe I could check when I've got more time.
    Just had a look and on the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k75...Bzw8ceI_maViLB Ross is driving a silver car and Debbie is driving a darker blue car. Ross has had quite a few cars though. He used to drive a black sporty car but seem to remember him selling it after that fighting stuff. Not sure the one above is his most recent car or not

1. There isn't any body in the woods and Ross is alive. (most likely and wished scenario) But why would Emma say that she wants to find Ross's body if the body isn't where it was left? Surely first hope as a mother would be ' oh my son is alive! '

2. Pete and James find Ross's body but James helps Pete to get rid of it.(this would drag on for months before-if ever- the truth would come out.)
    I think she just assumes the worst. Pete has told them he killed him so they probably aren't expecting him to be alive because he hasn't been in touch and nobody has seen him. But then it might give them a little hope that his body isn't where Pete left it. But the longer the time has gone on especially with a head injury, it wouldn't look good.

I really can't see them moving the body. I know James has always seen Pete as golden boy but even that would be too much for him to help get rid of his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalesfan View Post
    I think she just assumes the worst. Pete has told them he killed him so they probably aren't expecting him to be alive because he hasn't been in touch and nobody has seen him. But then it might give them a little hope that his body isn't where Pete left it. But the longer the time has gone on especially with a head injury, it wouldn't look good.

I really can't see them moving the body. I know James has always seen Pete as golden boy but even that would be too much for him to help get rid of his son.
    mariba wrote:
    >
    >

Emma is told by James in the Wednesday August 26th episode about what happened between Pete and Ross and how Pete said he'd killed Ross. She's upset and probably totally believes Pete when he claimed to have killed Ross. I think that Pete was absolutely convinced in his own mind that Ross was dead after the fight at the hospital. This was where he last seemed to check if Ross was dead or not (by feeling for a pulse on his jugular neck artery) although, in his shock and panic, he might not have checked this properly and missed this and other vital signs indicating life. Ross also didn't seem to regain consciousness by the time quite a while later when Pete left him in the woods, although by then Ross could have been conscious but playing dead and waiting for Pete to leave the woods before making any moves, as Ross might have thought that, if Pete knew he was still alive when he was being dumped in the woods, then Pete would maybe want to finish the job off properly and attack Ross further to make sure that Ross was really dead before leaving him. Ross hasn't been seen by anyone since Pete left him in the woods on August 6th (in scenes which were likely filmed by June/July).

mariba wrote:
    >
    >

This is a possible storyline too. I wonder if James would do this, seeing as he would now have lost one son forever and wouldn't also want to lose his eldest son (golden boy Pete who saved his life in January 2015) by him being jailed. Although Pete could possibly claim self-defence and accidental death perhaps, there would still be police charges to face of hiding the body, preventing lawul burial and obstruction of justice, etc, probably warranting a custodial sentence? James does seem to be a decent and honest hard-working man though and I think it unlikely that he would think of doing anything involving illegal disposal of Ross' body.

We believe from news spoilers and fan tweets to date that Mike Parr has been acting on the Emmerdale set up until at least August 10th-14th 2015, so there must be a continuing storyline for Ross beyond him being dumped in the woods if these spoilers and fan tweets are true and being interpreted correctly by us. If so, the continuing storyline for Ross would involve him disappearing for a while and then returning some time later.

dalesfan wrote:
    >

>

Thanks, dalesfan, you posted this just as I was finishing off my reply to mariba but we share the same ideas about Emma assuming Pete's belief in him killing Ross, and doubts about James disposing of the body.
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 21-08-2015 at 12:08.

Thread Information