Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale Spoilers 24th - 28th August 2015

Yeah, he's alive.. will be back badly injured.
    Pete ends up confessing his part on his injuries as everyone blaming cain and ross tells it was pete. Debbie wants pete out of course, james begging her to give pete bit more time.. And Emma is needed to nurse ross back to health and look after moses.. And so on.. Nothing in those spoilers suggest that ross would be dead. In fact - if Ross was killed by Pete and Pete confessed, surely he'd be arrested straight away?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mariba For This Useful Post:

Telly Watcher (13-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by mariba View Post
    Pete ends up confessing his part on his injuries as everyone blaming cain and ross tells it was pete. Debbie wants pete out of course, james begging her to give pete bit more time.. And Emma is needed to nurse ross back to health and look after moses.. And so on.. Nothing in those spoilers suggest that ross would be dead. In fact - if Ross was killed by Pete and Pete confessed, surely he'd be arrested straight away?
    Maybe that'll be the next twist, it is Ross and Pete does get arrested, it's just not obvious from the spoilers, lol. It's driving me nutty, Ross is my favourite and I just want to know either way if Mike is just having a little break away or if that really is it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kennedyfan86 For This Useful Post:

mariba (12-08-2015)

Maybe that'll be the next twist, it is Ross and Pete does get arrested, it's just not obvious from the spoilers, lol. It's driving me nutty, Ross is my favourite and I just want to know either way if Mike is just having a little break away or if that really is it

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    Pete's confession and family rejection sound like he comes clean at least to his family about killing Ross? (Can't think what else it could be about.)

Also sounds like Emma identifies the body as Ross on Monday 24th? The police must have found Ross' body very quickly on Friday 21st, that's when Emma reported him missing. Pete must have been very careless/unthinking to dump the body in an obvious place near the village.

'Pete faces up to the past'? I can't imagine even the Barton's shielding Pete over this, so does he confess early to the police about Ross to get an easier ride in court? I can't blame him, leaving all that DNA everywhere and a body just around the corner from the village to find within hours of looking. He still should be up for hiding the body, obstructing justice, etc, even if pleading self-defence to get off manslaughter.

Look forward to more detailed spoilers and episode details for 24th-28th August when they become available.
    I think we should wait I have a hard time believing Kate Oates would be stupid enough to kill off Ross Barton. Michael Parr has leading man potential Cain is getting old. It would be foolish to kill.off such a promising character.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Serena Williams For This Useful Post:

mariba (13-08-2015)

I agree-all this speculation is doing my head in.
    I just don't understand what would have been the point killing him if Pete then confesses everything right after?? And gets arrested-and that's 2 Barton brothers gone! Or are we meant to believe that police would just treat Ross's death as an accident? Maybe-if Pete had called for help, but he tried to hide his body which is crime itself. So there's no medical confirmation that he actually was dead...And then Debbie would be back to square one-miserable again and what would be next for her without Ross/Pete?

Who would we have left then? All the gay men(Finn, Robert, Aaron)+Adam! I like Cain, but he's got too soft-no edge on him anymore with Moira.
    I just realized last night how many old or just settled boring characters Emmerdale has. There's nothing to write about if they keep losing their cast! And nothing to watch..
    This week already has been really boring in Emmerdale..mainly because Ross is not there stirring things..!

I watched one very recent Mike Parr interview on youtube and he was very much enjoying his character Ross too..

So-I don't believe he's dead. Really disappointed in Emmerdale if he is.
    And IF he wants to go, he would deserve better than what he's got so far. And leave the door open for him to come back.

ps. I don't know his situation but even if he happened to get a small part in some film, doesn't mean that he needs to leave Emmerdale for that?? Emmerdale means steady income and would be madness to throw that away for nothing..

I agree-all this speculation is doing my head in.
    I just don't understand what would have been the point killing him if Pete then confesses everything right after?? And gets arrested-and that's 2 Barton brothers gone! Or are we meant to believe that police would just treat Ross's death as an accident? Maybe-if Pete had called for help, but he tried to hide his body which is crime itself. So there's no medical confirmation that he actually was dead...And then Debbie would be back to square one-miserable again and what would be next for her without Ross/Pete?

Who would we have left then? All the gay men(Finn, Robert, Aaron)+Adam! I like Cain, but he's got too soft-no edge on him anymore with Moira.
    I just realized last night how many old or just settled boring characters Emmerdale has. There's nothing to write about if they keep losing their cast! And nothing to watch..
    This week already has been really boring in Emmerdale..mainly because Ross is not there stirring things..!

I watched one very recent Mike Parr interview on youtube and he was very much enjoying his character Ross too..

So-I don't believe he's dead. Really disappointed in Emmerdale if he is.
    And IF he wants to go, he would deserve better than what he's got so far. And leave the door open for him to come back.

ps. I don't know his situation but even if he happened to get a small part in some film, doesn't mean that he needs to leave Emmerdale for that?? Emmerdale means steady income and would be madness to throw that away for nothing..

I enjoyed reading the two alternative theories about how this week's Pete spoilers were interpreted by kennedyfan86 and mariba. All of the three theories fit the limited info in the episode summaries we know for now.

Telly Watcher:
    Pete's confession and family rejection sound like he comes clean at least to his family about killing Ross? (Can't think what else it could be about.)
    Also sounds like Emma identifies the body as Ross on Monday 24th? The police must have found Ross' body very quickly on Friday 21st, that's when Emma reported him missing. Pete must have been very careless/unthinking to dump the body in an obvious place near the village.
    'Pete faces up to the past'? I can't imagine even the Barton's shielding Pete over this, so does he confess early to the police about Ross to get an easier ride in court? I can't blame him, leaving all that DNA everywhere and a body just around the corner from the village to find within hours of looking. He still should be up for hiding the body, obstructing justice, etc, even if pleading self-defence to get off manslaughter.

kennedyfan86:
    Pete is crippled with guilt and comes clean to Debbie whilst James and Emma are at the mortuary, then she's so horrified she leaves the house and bumps into James, I'm pretty sure he'd say if it is Ross lying on the slab or not, would you not? Doesn't seem clear but it sounds like Ross is missing and they disown Pete for what he did to him cause they don't know if he's dead or alive because of what Pete did to him. If if isn't Ross I imagine James would demand Pete take him to the sot where he left Ross, that's when we'll know one way or the other.

mariba:

With mine, I think he's dead and found by police but I've made the huge assumption that when Emma reports Ross missing to the police on Friday 21st, she gives them a description of his appearance, hair colour, etc, and recent photograph, as seems usual practice when someone reports a missing person. When the police later show up at Butler's Farm (August 21st) to question Cain and say they've found a body which they think is Ross', I've assumed that they've already matched the description and photo they were given (if they had these?) with the body and that Emma only has to confirm the body is Ross when she goes to see it (Monday 24th?). However, this is PC Plod/Keystone Kops Emmerdale police, so maybe they've just found a lump of skin and bone down by the stream from some lost Emmerdale fan who wanted to look around the set a couple of weeks before and did a Gemma smashed-skull thing by falling backwards onto a rock? We'll see. So many possibilities for an active imagination, haha!

Mike Parr's CV shows he's a regular mobile actor, switching between films and soaps since 2009. He's already had acting parts in 5 films (the latest gets released October 2015), was in Hollyoaks (2012) and been in Emmerdale since October 2013. Matthew Wolfenden (David) and Charley Webb (Debbie) mentioned in this week's OK magazine that filming for Emmerdale has been involving 12-hour days, five days a week, and I can only guess that Mike Parr has been doing the same, maybe even more as it seems he was working on his last scenes before his apparent Emmerdale character exit in the woods. Maybe Mike Parr decided this Emmerdale work schedule was just too much to be able to pursue other bigger acting roles at the same time and wanted to leave Emmerdale? There are two sequels to Dark Ascension so he could have a part lined up for these already or have something else in mind? Time will tell.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Parr (Dark Ascension gets released Oct 2015)
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 13-08-2015 at 10:26.

Yes-but why couldn't they then just confirm that Ross is gone for good??
    Why to keep people guessing and speculating?

I know it may well be to get more viewers for this/next week, but I'm telling you-as frustrated as Ross fans in social media are at the moment- that if he really is dead after all this, these 2 weeks viewing figures don't mean anything for Emmerdale's very poor figures after that as so many viewers will say 'goodbye' to Emmerdale.

I know it may well be to get more viewers for this/next week, but I'm telling you-as frustrated as Ross fans in social media are at the moment- that if he really is dead after all this, these 2 weeks viewing figures don't mean anything for Emmerdale's very poor figures after that as so many viewers will say 'goodbye' to Emmerdale.

I agree with you. There was a massive much-hyped build up to Summer Fate, I lost count of the number of times I saw the video trailer on ITV between other programmes during the run up to the episodes which screened the helicopter crash during the week of August 3rd-7th. 'The choices we make are the paths we take. Who will meet their summer fate?', a classic show catchphrase if there ever was one!

The problem with over-hyping shows is that people get disappointed by the reality when they see them and they then switch off when the flashes and bangs have stopped. It's like Christmas, New Year and Easter, etc. There's a surge of public interest and obsession for the week before and week after, but then interest fades and switches to the start of the next public holiday/summer holiday/Olympics/Eurovision/World Cup/Football Championship, etc, etc. It happens everytime.

I read that the viewing figures were something like 4-6 million for some episodes that week. Episodes for this following week have been boring again, especially now Ross has gone for now. Will storylines like Bob in prison hospital and Megan's failing pregnancy keep the viewing figures up? I doubt this. Emmerdale really needs some very juicy storylines fast. Hopefully the Barton family issues during August 24th-28th will kick-start/maintain viewer interest. I'm sort of hoping that a mixture of your and kennedyfan86 theories are right for what happens during this week and that Ross comes back and has his injuries taken care of by Emma. I think this really would boost the ratings. We should maybe all be Emmerdale storywriters (Kate Oates take note!).
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 13-08-2015 at 13:20.

Thread Information