Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mary Taylor (Patti Clare)

Mary Taylor (Patti Clare)

Coronation Street actress Patti Clare is to reprise her role as Weatherfield's Mary Taylor.

Clare joined the Manchester soap at the end of last year and her character quickly bonded with The Kabin co-owner Norris Cole (Malcolmn Hebden) over their love of entering competitions.

Despite copious amounts of flirting, Norris failed to respond to her advances and after a scantily-clad Mary tried to seduce him in her campervan, the newsagent quickly became concerned over how far she wanted their relationship to go.

Following her mother's death, Mary set her heart on travelling the world with Norris but he backed out at the last minute and Mary reluctantly drove off on her own.

However, the lone traveller will make a comeback in the New Year with the hope of picking up where she left off with Norris.

A spokesperson confirmed: "Mary will be back to rekindle her relationship with Norris."

Malcolm Hebden told DS last month: "I think [Patti]'s really rather special and I certainly have to up my game when I'm working with her!"

Clare returns to filming in November and will reappear on screen in January.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a1...-comeback.html

I thought Norris and her together are so funny, good news as far as I am concerned.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

crystalsea (09-09-2009)

She had her funny moments, that scene in the campervan was hilarious! haha
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Coronation Street star Patti Clare has revealed that her eccentric character Mary Taylor will harbour a huge grudge against Sylvia Goodwin in a forthcoming storyline.

A feud plot for the pair begins when Sylvia (Stephanie Cole) has an argument with Weatherfield busybody Norris Cole (Malcolm Hebden), which infuriates Mary due to her strong feelings for him.

"Mary basically comes to think that Sylvia is the most evil woman in the whole world," Clare told Inside Soap. "Norris has a few accidents and Mary blames Sylvia.

"I'm not 100% sure where they're going with it, but it's going to be funny - and possibly a little bit scary!"

Clare also admitted that she does not expect Mary to give up on her hopes of a romance with Norris for the foreseeable future.

"It would take something big to put her off," the actress confessed. "She should read that book, He's Just Not That Into You. I read it in my 30s and wondered why I didn't in my 20s. It would have saved me a lot of heartache!"

Clare won the 'Best Comedy Performance' prize at the British Soap Awards earlier this year and she is now in the running for the 'Funniest Performance' gong at the Inside Soap Awards.

star Patti Clare has revealed that she wants her character Mary Taylor to find love.

The actress admitted that she would be thrilled if show bosses gave Mary the chance to be happy in a relationship for a while.

© ITV
    Patti Clare

Clare told TV Times: "I think the writers enjoy seeing what they can get away with when it comes to Mary.

"I'm not sure where they're going to take her next, but I'd like to see her get involved with a gentleman caller. She's the eternal romantic and is on a quest to find the perfect hero who will sweep her off her feet."

In the meantime, Clare is delighted with her latest storyline, which sees Mary take charge at the Alahan house in the aftermath of Sunita's death.

With Dev searching for a nanny to look after his twin children Aadi (Zennon Ditchett) and Asha (Tanisha Gorey), Mary is chosen to take on the job.

© ITV
    Mary proves to be a great nanny.

Clare explained: "She's a trier who'll have a go at anything. Deep down, she would love her own family. In looking after Dev's kids, she's fulfilling some primary need. Her instincts are kicking in and she feels real compassion for them.

"I'm really enjoying showing her softer, more caring side, and I love working with Tanisha and Zennon. They did pull a few tricks on me and I fell straight into them, which they thought was hysterical."

Coronation Street continues on Wednesday (April 17) at 7.30pm on ITV.

maybe dev will fall for her charms

Mary

Just tweeted by ITV Coronation Street: "Mary to be a mistress in a love affair and we’ve cast Ted Robbins as her love interest, Brendan!"

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (11-08-2015), Dazzle (11-08-2015), lizann (11-08-2015), mariba (11-08-2015), swmc66 (11-08-2015), tammyy2j (11-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Just tweeted by ITV Coronation Street: "Mary to be a mistress in a love affair and we’ve cast Ted Robbins as her love interest, Brendan!"
    It's about time Mary had a love interest and a proper storyline of her own. Patti Clare is capable of more than just playing the street joke.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (11-08-2015), mariba (11-08-2015), parkerman (11-08-2015), tammyy2j (11-08-2015)

but mistress mary

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-08-2015), mariba (11-08-2015), tammyy2j (11-08-2015)

Phoenix Nights star Ted Robbins has joined the cast of Coronation Street.
    Producer Stuart Blackburn told journalists today (August 11) that Robbins will play a long-desired love interest for Mary.
    "We've got romance and comedy coming up for Mary," Blackburn said.
    "That's for the first time in a long, long time. She's going to meet someone and fall in love."
    He continued: "We all know how completely passionate she is - she'll fall in love times 100. Unfortunately it's with a ne'er do well called Brendan.
    "Fortunately for us, he's going to be played by the brilliant Ted Robbins, who starts today.
    "He did a fantastic audition. He's absolutely Corrie through and through, so we're looking forward to that."
    Robbins, who played nefarious club owner Den Perry in Phoenix Nights.

Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-08-2015), tammyy2j (11-08-2015)

I can't see Mary as a mistress...

Thread Information