Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home and Away (Aus) Spoilers 24th - 27th August 2015

(QUOTE FROM DAZZLE) From what I've read, a lot of long-term fans (if not the majority) totally agree with you about H&A being a shadow of its former self. For me the rot really started to set in when it became The Braxton Show. I never liked Brax or Heath (nor do I rate the actors), but wouldn't have minded their presence if they hadn't come in and taken over the whole show.

Ash and Andy have replaced Brax and Heath, but at least I find Ash likeable and he's not being portrayed as some kind of modern day saint by the writers (that used to REALLY bug me!). I never forgave Brax for the way he forced the lovely Angelo out of his own restaurant, no matter how much the writers tried to redeem him.

The rest of the show's been no better with its repetitive relationship dramas and bland characters. Plus the older characters have barely had a look-in the past few years. At least that seems to be changing with John and Marilyn having had a lot of screen time recently, Leah with her head trauma, and Alf getting the post-traumatic stress storyline. Also, it sounds like Irene's getting a storyline for once with her new romance.

H&A was my favourite soap for a long time, but I've come close to ditching it in the past couple of years. I just hope things are on the up again.[/QUOTE]

I agree with all your comments Dazzle, hward & 10079229. It seems to me the Producers/writers believe that the long term or diehard fans will watch the show regardless of the storylines (probably some truth there!), & therefore for ratings purposes they just concentrate on trying to please the newer/younger viewers via all the 'sex, drugs & rock & roll' storylines (as Ray Meagher - Alf - put it earlier this year in an interview). The official H&A Facebook page continually seems to try & mould people's opinions by asking contrived questions along the lines of say "We think Ash & Phoebe are great together. What do you think?". They seem to take more notice of what people post here (a lot of which is ridiculous & juvenile IMO) than anything written on any real fan websites such as this one.

Along that line, after a couple of articles appeared on the weekend about Ch7 possibly looking at changing its scheduling, rumours have started that H&A may be shifted off the main channel & onto the secondary channel 7TWO - see the articles on the attached link. They haven't confirmed it, but haven't denied they are thinking about it either.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...-1227484370186

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/08/...ast-coast.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 17-08-2015 at 03:32.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

10079229 (18-08-2015), Dazzle (17-08-2015), hward (17-08-2015), lizann (18-08-2015), SoapsJSK (18-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherboy View Post
    It seems to me the Producers/writers believe that the long term or diehard fans will watch the show regardless of the storylines (probably some truth there!), & therefore for ratings purposes they just concentrate on trying to please the newer/younger viewers via all the 'sex, drugs & rock & roll' storylines (as Ray Meagher - Alf - put it earlier this year in an interview). The official H&A Facebook page continually seems to try & mould people's opinions by asking contrived questions along the lines of say "We think Ash & Phoebe are great together. What do you think?". They seem to take more notice of what people post here (a lot of which is ridiculous & juvenile IMO) than anything written on any real fan websites such as this one.
    There's definitely some truth that diehard fans will continue to watch a show long after they cease to enjoy it, but no one has infinite patience. As I said, I've nearly given up on H&A in the past couple of years so I'm sure that some long-term fans have stopped watching altogether (and might well never go back). Producers risk alienating these fans at their peril because newer fans, attracted to the show by 'sex, drugs & rock & roll' storylines (great quote from Roy Meagher - he really knows H&A and its fans) won't be anywhere near as loyal.

Along that line, after a couple of articles appeared on the weekend about Ch7 possibly looking at changing its scheduling, rumours have started that H&A may be shifted off the main channel & onto the secondary channel 7TWO - see the articles on the attached link. They haven't confirmed it, but haven't denied they are thinking about it either.
    Those articles are quite worrying!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

10079229 (18-08-2015), Pantherboy (18-08-2015), SoapsJSK (18-08-2015)

Thank you Dazzle and Pantherboy. I think the writers are really loosing the plot and trying to be like Bold and Beautiful. They could have fixed Ricky with Ash who probably suits her better. Nate and Kat were a really good match both looks and characters...
    Nate didn't suit her first time and doesn't this time too..
    H&A writers, if you read these posts GET YOUR STORYLINES SORTED OUT!! It's not always about changing partners and everyone sleeping with everyone else!you will loose viewers fast at this rate.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoapsJSK For This Useful Post:

10079229 (18-08-2015), Dazzle (18-08-2015), hward (19-08-2015), Pantherboy (18-08-2015)

I totally agree with you

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoapsJSK For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-08-2015), Pantherboy (18-08-2015)

I totally agree!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 10079229 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-08-2015), Pantherboy (18-08-2015), SoapsJSK (30-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherboy

As for Hannah & Chris, at Aust. pace we have seen them "hanging out" for a little while now, but won't see them officially together as a couple for a few weeks. So far IMO it has been awkward & funny, but nice. Chris has been his usual self, but Hannah seems to be a different (better) character all together. Perhaps he will bring out the best in her - definite potential there, as unlikely as it seems, & I hope they let it continue.

[QUOTE originally posted by Dazzle;828317]I liked Hannah when she first arrived. It's all been downhill since she got with Andy, but I agree there is potential for her to become a good character again - especially paired with the entertaining Chris.

SPOILER ALERT!!! Please don't read if you don't want to know possible future storyline:

After slowly warming to the idea of Hannah & Chris, my fears could be realised! I have just seen a new photo someone posted online (from Matrix Media Group) showing Hannah & Andy with their arms wrapped around each other, down at the beach (with the caption "it looks like these two will get back together"). I gather that this has just been filmed so it probably won't go to air (in Aust) till early next year. If this happens, & if all the speculation that Josh goes blind (even for just a while), & Denny is murdered etc, also turns out to be true, I wonder if they will try & spin it that with the two of them being softer/nicer characters nowadays & with them each going thru "personal tragedy", that it is now the "golden couple" being reunited in the end. Having gone to all the trouble of showing a better side of her, I don't think they will have Hannah dump Chris (too many people will be angry with her again). I think it is more likely that it will be Chris who will do the dumping, or it will be at least be a mutual thing - poor Chris once again! If it is going to be Hannah & Andy together (again!), can it please be their swansong on the show, & it be time for them to sail off into the sunset?? (& out of sight!!). As per usual, this is all just rumours based on a photo, but it certainly looks like damning evidence - time will tell. My outrage grows....

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-08-2015), Perdita (19-08-2015), SoapsJSK (30-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Brax made it clear to Ash he wanted Ricky to forget about him and move on for the sake of her and Casey's safety, so I'm not sure Ash will tell her. He'll be very conflicted about what to do though I'm sure.

Also, it's unlikely Steve Peacocke will ever be back, so the writers will want Ricky to move on so she doesn't get boring. People always get over their losses ridiculously quickly in soaps! Plus, the whole reason they've written it so that Ricky thinks Brax is dead is so that she stays in Summer Bay. There's no way she wouldn't leave to try and find him if she found out he was alive.
    Steve has said he would come back.

Denny finds the letter that Billie wrote about Brax being alive. So Denny may tell Ricky.

Quote Originally Posted by gillyH1981 View Post

Denny finds the letter that Billie wrote about Brax being alive. So Denny may tell Ricky.
    Let's hope soooo!! ��

Let's hope soooo!! 😀

After slowly warming to the idea of Hannah & Chris, my fears could be realised! I have just seen a new photo someone posted online (from Matrix Media Group) showing Hannah & Andy with their arms wrapped around each other, down at the beach (with the caption "it looks like these two will get back together"). I gather that this has just been filmed so it probably won't go to air (in Aust) till early next year. If this happens, & if all the speculation that Josh goes blind (even for just a while), & Denny is murdered etc, also turns out to be true, I wonder if they will try & spin it that with the two of them being softer/nicer characters nowadays & with them each going thru "personal tragedy", that it is now the "golden couple" being reunited in the end. Having gone to all the trouble of showing a better side of her, I don't think they will have Hannah dump Chris (too many people will be angry with her again). I think it is more likely that it will be Chris who will do the dumping, or it will be at least be a mutual thing - poor Chris once again! If it is going to be Hannah & Andy together (again!), can it please be their swansong on the show, & it be time for them to sail off into the sunset?? (& out of sight!!). As per usual, this is all just rumours based on a photo, but it certainly looks like damning evidence - time will tell. My outrage grows....
    Very bad news! Hannah and Andy as a "golden couple" are completely laughable (they've got no chemistry!), but the writers must see it that way if they're going to get them together yet again.

I wish they'd find someone nice for Chris who won't treat him like a joke.

Yes, he seems genuinely fond of H&A so I've no doubt he would come back. However, it's unlikely to happpen (except possibly for an episode or two) if his Hollywood career is going well - which it seems to be at the moment.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (20-08-2015), SoapsJSK (30-08-2015)

Thread Information